[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I've finally hit Lv 97 and I think I'm about done for this league. Thank you again Kelvynn for such an amazing build and to everyone else who participated in this thread with tips and help (especially Lilian - The Gucci Master). :)

I was going to skip this league and I'm very glad I didn't. With a full time job and taking night classes to learn a new language I didn't have a lot of time to play but I managed to get pretty far. I've never been one for challenges but I'm going to try to knock out a few more and will probably hit 30 before the league ends. And I've got enough maps for another 12+ Uber Elder kills for fun if I want to play more.

Final stats are 2649 INT and 12,199 ES (goes up to past 14,500 when I swap Watcher's Eyes).

Again, great league, great build and a great community here!

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Nov 23, 2019, 3:06:21 PM
Might be time to talk about 3.9.

It looks like we will be losing some int and damage since the Gucci gear we are used to (eventually) getting will become much harder to find (apparently.)

1. Watcher's Eyes become wayyy more expensive (so delving for fossils becomes a PITA again.)
2. It's not clear tranquility can be obtained (though I really think oils will remain in the game.)
3. Shaper gear becomes wayyy more expensive. Good luck getting an amulet and an ilvl 84 shaper regalia.
4. And the Cyclopean Coil becomes very rare instead of the common BiS!

In other words, we will need to regress to the gearing schemes we used in the past (with a couple of modifications!)

We can still corrupt rings. We will now start corrupting crystal belts. Talismans should probably remain cheap, so we will use those after Astramentis. We will still be crafting 6% incr attributes on the chest.

Remember the days when breaking 2K int was the goal? Welcome to those days again!

(I drop from 2480 int to 2284 int with the above changes. Not too bad though.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 24, 2019, 1:07:37 PM
So i finally got lvl 98 and 38 challenges. Only the blight map challenge i cant do myself and i need aul for the 39 so perhaps i will buy him

I hated the league at the beginning but with help from kel i learnd a lot to do blighted maps. All in all i cant do T15 T14 myself. I failed all times. T13 and slower are no problem.

Dont understand what grainaule wrote. Is shaper and elder not in game ? Or why will this all be more expensive?

Was a really really good time with the build. I NEVER got 20 Ex and over 1500 chaos at the end of the league. Delve give me so much fossils and was totaly relaxed.

Thanks Kel for your help and the gigantic build. And Hi lilian the guchiesed guy of all gucci guys :-) every league again.

No goals reached was. UE no chance for me. Tried 10 times and failed hard with 6 portals lost :-(
No good corruption for this buidl in 80 belts 114 rings (sold some expensive).

But for me the most successful league ever.
Want to give this a shot. The items needed not cheap =(
"

Dont understand what grainaule wrote. Is shaper and elder not in game ? Or why will this all be more expensive?

The Atlas becomes very different. The current progression to Uber Elder is gone. Uber Elder may be a Zana-only map in 3.9, meaning Watcher's Eyes are much rarer.

No idea what will happen to, say, Red Elder maps, meaning the Cyclopean Coil becomes much rarer.

The Shaper may also be a Zana-only map, so shaper items are much rarer and shaper/elder scarabs from the Betrayal bosses much more valuable.

Grats on having fun this league, ich!
"
alvincheng wrote:
Want to give this a shot. The items needed not cheap =(

The very best maxed-out items aren't cheap, yes, but when are they ever?

You can play this build very well with a 6% chest, a 13% belt, a 16% Three Rat Talisman (much cheaper than an Astramentis), and reasonable 50+ int and good ES on the rest of your gear.

My typical cost to buy all of my gear at level 70 after switching to CI has been less than 5 chaos in the last several leagues. This is usually on Day 2.
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 26, 2019, 12:42:43 AM
To craft the helm, I should use Frigid+Lucent+Dense?
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

The Atlas becomes very different. The current progression to Uber Elder is gone. Uber Elder may be a Zana-only map in 3.9, meaning Watcher's Eyes are much rarer.

No idea what will happen to, say, Red Elder maps, meaning the Cyclopean Coil becomes much rarer.

The Shaper may also be a Zana-only map, so shaper items are much rarer and shaper/elder scarabs from the Betrayal bosses much more valuable.

Grats on having fun this league, ich!

Ah thanks for the epiphany :-)

I saw today that the new crafting catalysts perhaps are a compensation for the chest. Looks like there could be much more int on the items.

Surely much more resistences and perhaps es.
For watcher's eye, which 2 are most critical for deep delving?

"
+(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline - a powerful supplement to the capped ES leech, especially for clearing maps with nasty mods. It works wonders against packs of dangerous enemies that could do more damage than 30% of your ES per second (the leech cap).

(20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline - extra leech (it increases the leech cap!) is very useful against bosses.

Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity - a lot of extra ES. Run lv 1 Clarity for 34 mana.

Annointment, mystic talent or tranquility is better?
Last edited by alvincheng on Nov 26, 2019, 12:21:13 PM
Hi Guys,

sorry for what is about to be a stupid post but i'm kinda new to all this :)

so firstly upon switching to CI and starting mapping what gear do y'all look for - i'm going through the reccomended atm and i'm looking at like 20ex just to try and get close to the stats required on the gear.

secondly is there anywhere you can point me to with a bit more information on crafting these pieces? last time i tried crafting i basically just lost all my money XD

thirdly

is there any specific content i should do at the start of the new league to start earning enough currency for said upgrades.

thanks for your time and for the amazing build + advice
pm on forums for trades if not online ingame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info