[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
dyNa1337 wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

An example of a very good claw (T1 Claw) for this build:

Phys claws for chaos poison build? What for? Very dubious weapon.
Why DW? What is the benefit of going DW? insead of Weapon+shield? Didnt those both skills alter weapons when you attack? So what is the sense in going DW?
"
volhz wrote:
"
dyNa1337 wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

An example of a very good claw (T1 Claw) for this build:

Phys claws for chaos poison build? What for? Very dubious weapon.

The entire build scales off of physical damage at the base. Comparing a claw like this to one with a flat chaos affix yields similar numbers. The chaos affix is better overall but there is no crafted equivalent, so you have to use the flat phys affix instead which also synergizes with the %phys increase. Perfectly viable for a multimodded weapon with just the delve mod isolated such as the one dyna1337 linked.

"
shubutnoi wrote:
Why DW? What is the benefit of going DW? insead of Weapon+shield? Didnt those both skills alter weapons when you attack? So what is the sense in going DW?

"Whenever the player equips two one-handed weapons of any type, dual wielding grants the following stats:

10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

The attack speed bonus is applied multiplicatively with other attack speed modifiers."

Taken directly from the wiki. Dual wield also gives you access to a second weapons potential global mods for more offensive power instead of the more defensive stats of a shield. For example you can have a delve crafted poison dagger in your main hand and Bino's in the offhand for poison proliferation.
was wondering if anyone knows if a evasion elder base chest craft with maim support and +1 curse is better than say a cherribums?

"
shubutnoi wrote:

[/quote]"Whenever the player equips two one-handed weapons of any type, dual wielding grants the following stats:

10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

The attack speed bonus is applied multiplicatively with other attack speed modifiers."

Taken directly from the wiki. Dual wield also gives you access to a second weapons potential global mods for more offensive power instead of the more defensive stats of a shield. For example you can have a delve crafted poison dagger in your main hand and Bino's in the offhand for poison proliferation. [/quote]

Well i am not sure those bonuses will overweigt the stats on shield. You got mediocre DPS boost (if got one at all), less block,no defenses. Also there so many nice uniqe shields...
Last edited by shubutnoi on Sep 17, 2019, 5:48:28 AM
"
shubutnoi wrote:

Well i am not sure those bonuses will overweigt the stats on shield. You got mediocre DPS boost (if got one at all), less block,no defenses. Also there so many nice uniqe shields...

It's more than a mediocre damage boost but yes you can certainly use a shield if you'd like. It's simply a defensive option vs an offensive option. Choose whichever you are more comfortable with. That's really the name of the game with this build. Cobra Lash vs Venom Gyre. Claws vs Daggers. Shield vs Dual Wield. All of the different aura setups. Which unique chest to use. Guess what? They all work! That's the beauty of PoE. Choose whichever you are comfortable with and don't be afraid to invest currency in something. Worse comes to worse you don't like it and wind up reselling it and trying something new.
Will claw like this be okay for the build?

I bought this claw, will it do the job, or needs more pDPS?
Last edited by Bromeek on Sep 17, 2019, 9:26:05 AM
"
jrelthewise wrote:
"
shubutnoi wrote:

It's more than a mediocre damage boost but yes you can certainly use a shield if you'd like. It's simply a defensive option vs an offensive option. Choose whichever you are more comfortable with. That's really the name of the game with this build. Cobra Lash vs Venom Gyre. Claws vs Daggers. Shield vs Dual Wield. All of the different aura setups. Which unique chest to use. Guess what? They all work! That's the beauty of PoE. Choose whichever you are comfortable with and don't be afraid to invest currency in something. Worse comes to worse you don't like it and wind up reselling it and trying something new.

To be fair, just dual-wielding doesn't offer much for this build. With a Wasp Nest, it doesn't offer much DPS over a shield, and far worse defensive stats. Once you get to end-game level claws, however, the DPS boost IS significant.

"
Bromeek wrote:

I bought this claw, will it do the job, or needs more pDPS?

It's fine. Maybe a touch pricey, but a big improvement over Wasp Nest.

I don’t understand why to craft claws on the base Imperial, we have some problem with mana, I even crafted - the cost of mana per 1 ring, and the claw on the base Gemini Claw very well solves problems with mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info