[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
mic01851165 wrote:
Honestly I'm surprised no-one here ever try putting Withering Step on CWDT setup. (because of that my die chance is really low)

This set up effectively makes your dodge 75% for a few moment when take a hit with no downtime/ diminishing return from the attack. (it refreshes to full effectiveness)
The CD of withering step also matches Immortal call too = you pretty much can trigger it consistently without any drawback when taking hits.
The point is this dodge boost triggers when you actually MOST NEEDED it (which is when you get hit), instead of the normal effect while you crit.

This effectively makes your chance of getting consecutive hits way lower, much like how old Immortal Call works.

I like this idea, but doesnt mistwalker give us elusive whenever we are attacking anyways?
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
Lunartuna wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Honestly I'm surprised no-one here ever try putting Withering Step on CWDT setup. (because of that my die chance is really low)

This set up effectively makes your dodge 75% for a few moment when take a hit with no downtime/ diminishing return from the attack. (it refreshes to full effectiveness)
The CD of withering step also matches Immortal call too = you pretty much can trigger it consistently without any drawback when taking hits.
The point is this dodge boost triggers when you actually MOST NEEDED it (which is when you get hit), instead of the normal effect while you crit.

This effectively makes your chance of getting consecutive hits way lower, much like how old Immortal Call works.

I like this idea, but doesnt mistwalker give us elusive whenever we are attacking anyways?

Yes, with diminishing effect and you need to wait til it expire to get full effect again.

Withering Step ignores that and refresh it to full effect as you get hit.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 15, 2019, 9:46:58 PM
Currently using the following to run HoA + Temp Chains/Blasphemy + Skitterbot + Despair on the cheap:

Once I upgrade my amulet I could go triple curse, not sure whether to go for Poacher's Mark, Projectile Weakness, or something else.
for Yriel's Fostering is %chance to poison better than maim?
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you want withering step to be level 20 or at least level 14 to get the max withering effect? Also, the elusive you get from withering step stops as soon as you use any skill...its seems like having it with CWDT would be a decent escape if you just wanted to run after getting hit but this whole build is centered around attack speed and LGOH.

Like I said, I might be missing something but it seems like there are better CWDT options.
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you want withering step to be level 20 or at least level 14 to get the max withering effect? Also, the elusive you get from withering step stops as soon as you use any skill...its seems like having it with CWDT would be a decent escape if you just wanted to run after getting hit but this whole build is centered around attack speed and LGOH.

Like I said, I might be missing something but it seems like there are better CWDT options.

Well I find it annoying to hand cast it with cd (and I don't have skill bar and I think the new ctrl 2nd bar is too hard to use in tight situation anyway)

Overall Withering step handcast is only useful when you pair with Plague Bearer and not attacking, and I don't think this benefit me in any way compare to just spam my Venom Gyre while activating plague bearer, so I use it defensively instead. It's not like adding a cwdt curse will help with our build since we're tight with curse spot already.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:

Well I find it annoying to hand cast it with cd (and I don't have skill bar and I think the new ctrl 2nd bar is too hard to use in tight situation anyway)

Overall Withering step handcast is only useful when you pair with Plague Bearer and not attacking, and I don't think this benefit me in any way compare to just spam my Venom Gyre while activating plague bearer, so I use it defensively instead. It's not like adding a cwdt curse will help with our build since we're tight with curse spot already.

hmm cwdt with lev 8 withering step still puts my chance to dodge attacks/spells from 44/40 to 73/69.... seems like this is a good idea!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna

Just crafted my dagger to go alongside my Bino's.
"
jrelthewise wrote:

Just crafted my dagger to go alongside my Bino's.

This looks sick.
How's the clear now?
"
sivertry wrote:
for Yriel's Fostering is %chance to poison better than maim?

The Chance to poison does nothing(We are easily over 100% anyway) and when I put it into PoB the added chaos damage was the weakest of the three options.

"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:

Not really, you can use Withering Step anytime while attacking just to get the Withered Stacks on the enemy which is quite a good damage boost. Even if you cancel out your elusive effect immediately with the next attack, the Withered Stacks are applied.
So it has it's uses offensively and defensively and putting it on cdwt takes out most of its offensive capabilities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info