[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
ajewveli wrote:
which keystone on the passive tree has pierce? I'm not seeing it

below the claw node circle and above phase
hi in your guide you talk about taking opportunistic but that's not the culling strike ascendancy node. that one is called AMbush and Assassinate. So which one do you think is better? I thought since we make many hits ambush and assassinate is less strong? maybe faster for clearing packs? im not a poison pro but i took opportunistic since that's what you took in your pob link
thx for your response
"
tiasim wrote:
hi in your guide you talk about taking opportunistic but that's not the culling strike ascendancy node. that one is called AMbush and Assassinate. So which one do you think is better? I thought since we make many hits ambush and assassinate is less strong? maybe faster for clearing packs? im not a poison pro but i took opportunistic since that's what you took in your pob link
thx for your response

I forgot to change this in the description, sorry. Opportunistic is a much better choice. Soon I will start the first edition of the guide, although I would like to wait for the full PoB update. We'll be using Plague Bearer, most likely in 3 link: Plague + Increased AoE + Whitering Step. I don't know what about Nightblade Support, Crit multi has a lot but is it enough to compete with other support? A lot of people are already doing higher content than me, well work on weekends (now I'm at work 12h shift) and family. So testing goes slower but thank you for all the feedback. Most importantly, build has great potential since on the first day some people write that they are on T10 + maps and have no major problems. For sure there is still a lot to optimize but PoB is the basis for that.
Just started the league today.

Lev 44 and build feels really strong so far.

Thanks for the effort!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
tiasim wrote:
thx for your response

I forgot to change this in the description, sorry. Opportunistic is a much better choice. Soon I will start the first edition of the guide, although I would like to wait for the full PoB update. We'll be using Plague Bearer, most likely in 3 link: Plague + Increased AoE + Whitering Step. I don't know what about Nightblade Support, Crit multi has a lot but is it enough to compete with other support? A lot of people are already doing higher content than me, well work on weekends (now I'm at work 12h shift) and family. So testing goes slower but thank you for all the feedback. Most importantly, build has great potential since on the first day some people write that they are on T10 + maps and have no major problems. For sure there is still a lot to optimize but PoB is the basis for that.

Yes I'm really wondering if nightblade is worth it. To me the wording seems to be that ONLY if you proc elusive with your main skill will you get the crit multiplier but how does that interact with Mistwalker? does it always overwrite mistwalker on crit?
I have to add, I'm a HC player and Aggressive Bastion is such an amazing cheap anointment. endurance charge on kill, damage and 4% block to attacks

Plague bearer is almost a must while leveling and early mapping. It gives you so much faster clears on rares
Last edited by tiasim on Sep 8, 2019, 1:46:32 AM
"
Yes I'm really wondering if nightblade is worth it. To me the wording seems to be that ONLY if you proc elusive with your main skill will you get the crit multiplier but how does that interact with Mistwalker? does it always overwrite mistwalker on crit?

Buff can't be overwritten, it must disappear to run again. The exception is the Whitering Step but here the buff disappears when we use any skill so it doesn't matter, we use the Whitering Step as a defensive CD and for applying Whitered debuff (I think this is a much better and more effective option than a totem, and it costs 1 slot, not three, of course we have 6 stacks, but we have them instant on a larger area and we do not have to think if the totem will survives or not), elusive we have all the time its firing one by one, the question is this Crit chance and multi will be better than Vile Toxin or Void Manipulation?
"
iwonderwice wrote:
how does this line work for us?
https://i.imgur.com/OSbQ9Q5.png
Our crit multi should be applied to poison, but this line completely negate all crit multi we stack on. Dont get it. ANyone who can explain?

Im wondering about that too :)
I came here to complain about Cobra Lash :)

I was very exited when I saw the trailer, it looked really cool, and the numbers that GGG showed later on gave us some hope that poison assassin will be really nice and strong.

So I started with Assassin + Cobra Lash, and during the early levels it felt really nice and quite powerful, but the higher I went the weaker the skill felt, up to the point (yellow maps) where I am thinking about ditching the character and move to something more powerful. This is very unfortunate.

I've looked at this guide, at Mathil, mbXtreme and
GGZII's videos about similar builds and the common theme is that they all are quite underwhelmed by the performance.

As mbXtreme nicely put on his stream, Cobra Lash Assassin feels very similar to Spectral Throw character in a sense that there is no damage and there is no defense :)

I do hope that we could find some good way to scale damage at the late game, I am kinda tired of loosing the Blight encounters and feeling weak.
"
Gloggy wrote:
I came here to complain about Cobra Lash :)

I was very exited when I saw the trailer, it looked really cool, and the numbers that GGG showed later on gave us some hope that poison assassin will be really nice and strong.

So I started with Assassin + Cobra Lash, and during the early levels it felt really nice and quite powerful, but the higher I went the weaker the skill felt, up to the point (yellow maps) where I am thinking about ditching the character and move to something more powerful. This is very unfortunate.

I've looked at this guide, at Mathil, mbXtreme and
GGZII's videos about similar builds and the common theme is that they all are quite underwhelmed by the performance.

As mbXtreme nicely put on his stream, Cobra Lash Assassin feels very similar to Spectral Throw character in a sense that there is no damage and there is no defense :)

I do hope that we could find some good way to scale damage at the late game, I am kinda tired of loosing the Blight encounters and feeling weak.

Dude, you weapons are absolutely terrible...
Literally almost anything is better, even a lvl 34 Mortem Morsu can outperform those weapons. Get a claw with high phys, increased attack speed and crit chance.
"
loczek123 wrote:
"

Buff can't be overwritten, it must disappear to run again. The exception is the Whitering Step but here the buff disappears when we use any skill so it doesn't matter

Sorry ive explained it badly.
I meant that nightblade support gives 100% elusive on crit
The assassin passive gives it 50% of the timë on crit
Does it mean the nightblade support always applies before the assassin node?
Because if the assassin node generates elusive 50% of the time we lose the juicy multiplier then another support would be better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info