[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

I finally got the colours on the bow after 160 chromatics. What's the next step? The guide says to use alterations, but I need to use another orb first, right?
Hello mate!

After having been sort of bored with melee builds, I decided to search for guides about something different and found your's. I actually love it pretty much, the guide is really complete and allows to build the character smoothly from start.

I'm just facing sort of an issue. I don't know if it's me or just a wrong feeling, but it's like I'm lacking dps somehow.... I don't know really what I could do to fix that, and what parts I should consider changing next. I really would appreciate your advice, since you're the expert in ED!
"
unhappymeal wrote:
I finally got the colours on the bow after 160 chromatics. What's the next step? The guide says to use alterations, but I need to use another orb first, right?

You can use Alterations until you hit +1 gems and proceed as the guide says!
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
unhappymeal wrote:

You can use Alterations until you hit +1 gems and proceed as the guide says!

Got the +1 gem level and annuled the "of Poison". Fingers crossed on the next annul!
"
SvenHoggmar wrote:
Hello mate!

After having been sort of bored with melee builds, I decided to search for guides about something different and found your's. I actually love it pretty much, the guide is really complete and allows to build the character smoothly from start.

I'm just facing sort of an issue. I don't know if it's me or just a wrong feeling, but it's like I'm lacking dps somehow.... I don't know really what I could do to fix that, and what parts I should consider changing next. I really would appreciate your advice, since you're the expert in ED!

Hey there! Here's a list of things I suggest you do to make the best of your character:

- Most damage potential is wasted on Blight which you disregard by having it on a mere 2-link. Right now you have 16k DPS per layer (320k total). With Controlled Destruction + Efficacy you'd boost it to 34k per layer (680k total = 360k extra DoT).

- You waste 10% unreserved mana because you run Flesh & Stone with Inc. AoE in the Contagion setup

- If you add Arcane Surge level 5 to your Flame Dash you get 10% more damage on your Essence Drain. Suggestion here is to have two two-links in your gloves or boots (1 for Flame Dash, 1 for Wither totem); having three 2-links in your body armour is a waste anyway.

- Roll your flasks! You only have quality on Witchfire Brew which makes you lose out on a lot of potential. Refer back to the flask section of the guide for pointers. A normal rarity Quicksilver Flask at level 92 is a big no-no. The life flask is also not rolled to its potential: Divine life flasks should be instant (Seething mod), Eternal life flasks should be recovery rate (Catalysed) + Anti-bleed (Staunching)

- Don't use Survival Instinct (jewel). Your jewels in general could need some attention as there's none with life + chaos. Most of them carry some ele res and some chaos damage but that's about it. You have a lot of rare gear available for fixing your resistances so this should not be necessary. If every single of your jewels (with the exception of Spreading Rot of course) had 7% life on it you'd go from 6.8k life to 7.4k life.

Conclusion: if you make the tweaks I mentioned you'll do much better. Your damage will jump up quite a bit as well.

Damage right now:

ED: 600k
Blight: 300k

Damage with tweaks:

ED: 740k
Blight: 680k

Empower 3 would make your ED go from 740k to 830k.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
SvenHoggmar wrote:
Hello mate!

Hey there! Here's a list of things I suggest you do to make the best of your character:

- Most damage potential is wasted on Blight which you disregard by having it on a mere 2-link. Right now you have 16k DPS per layer (320k total). With Controlled Destruction + Efficacy you'd boost it to 34k per layer (680k total = 360k extra DoT).

- You waste 10% unreserved mana because you run Flesh & Stone with Inc. AoE in the Contagion setup

- If you add Arcane Surge level 5 to your Flame Dash you get 10% more damage on your Essence Drain. Suggestion here is to have two two-links in your gloves or boots (1 for Flame Dash, 1 for Wither totem); having three 2-links in your body armour is a waste anyway.

- Roll your flasks! You only have quality on Witchfire Brew which makes you lose out on a lot of potential. Refer back to the flask section of the guide for pointers. A normal rarity Quicksilver Flask at level 92 is a big no-no. The life flask is also not rolled to its potential: Divine life flasks should be instant (Seething mod), Eternal life flasks should be recovery rate (Catalysed) + Anti-bleed (Staunching)

- Don't use Survival Instinct (jewel). Your jewels in general could need some attention as there's none with life + chaos. Most of them carry some ele res and some chaos damage but that's about it. You have a lot of rare gear available for fixing your resistances so this should not be necessary. If every single of your jewels (with the exception of Spreading Rot of course) had 7% life on it you'd go from 6.8k life to 7.4k life.

Conclusion: if you make the tweaks I mentioned you'll do much better. Your damage will jump up quite a bit as well.

Damage right now:

ED: 600k
Blight: 300k

Damage with tweaks:

ED: 740k
Blight: 680k

Empower 3 would make your ED go from 740k to 830k.

Thanks a lot for the tips, I'm still working on my gear, didn't worked much on jewels yet. But I'll get on that soon and try to improve my flasks too. Didn't sorted my links yet, so that will be worked out too. I'll let you know how it goes once all of that is done! Thanks again for your kindness and the time you're taking to answer noobs like me! Cheers mate!
"
SkyCreem wrote:
It is not possible to craft the same bow. Even if you land the +1 and regal to chaos damage over time, you still can only craft 2 more, leaving 1 mod behind. I have read your guid all the way and I don't see where it says it. It's not possible to make another bow like that one in the current state of the game. Unless you know something and in that case sharing is caring :D

The crafting section is confusing and misleading for a few reasons. OP shows a bow that cannot be crafted any longer. Says "So the above is the final goal for the character". Finally "Add the remaining mods as displayed above". The section above is better where he talks about the new changes, but the actual steps below are pretty bad.
"
MrMustang wrote:
"
SkyCreem wrote:
It is not possible to craft the same bow. Even if you land the +1 and regal to chaos damage over time, you still can only craft 2 more, leaving 1 mod behind. I have read your guid all the way and I don't see where it says it. It's not possible to make another bow like that one in the current state of the game. Unless you know something and in that case sharing is caring :D

The crafting section is confusing and misleading for a few reasons. OP shows a bow that cannot be crafted any longer. Says "So the above is the final goal for the character". Finally "Add the remaining mods as displayed above". The section above is better where he talks about the new changes, but the actual steps below are pretty bad.

Yeah, the bow was crafted before the update to multimodding and I haven't played ED this league yet
Hey, I've come a long way since my last post, i have now cleared Awakener8, elder, shaper, working on the final fragment for UE.

wondering where I can go from here in terms of gear, im a little lost as to how I can get some more damage, outside of a dank watcher's eye, of course.

any suggestions?
"
Hyuga0501 wrote:
Hey, I've come a long way since my last post, i have now cleared Awakener8, elder, shaper, working on the final fragment for UE.

wondering where I can go from here in terms of gear, im a little lost as to how I can get some more damage, outside of a dank watcher's eye, of course.

any suggestions?

1) 21^20 ED gem
2) Empower 4
3) Helmet with -9% Chaos Resistance (delve craft)
4) Amulet with chaos multi
5) Quiver with damage over time multi

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info