[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

In SSF got an ancient Orb what would you use it for? still new to ssf loving it though.
Hello,

Does Doryani's glorious vanity still exist ?

I got some doubt because on poe trade there is a lot of xiqaba and Zerphi's one, and absolutely zero Doryani. I'm new to the game but i found it suspicious. Maybe it was removed in a previous patchnote ?

Thanks for the guide though, very usefull.
"
Andrielle wrote:
Hello,

Does Doryani's glorious vanity still exist ?

I got some doubt because on poe trade there is a lot of xiqaba and Zerphi's one, and absolutely zero Doryani. I'm new to the game but i found it suspicious. Maybe it was removed in a previous patchnote ?

Thanks for the guide though, very usefull.

The jewel can be rerolled with Divine orbs. Doriyani's still exist! ;-)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
In SSF got an ancient Orb what would you use it for? still new to ssf loving it though.

Welcome to SSF! Ancient Orbs are not particularily interesting for the character since it doesn't require many uniques to start with. Those are best used to try and get items with low item pools to choose from or those that have varying sizes and you pick the correct one (see Titucius Span -> Lycosidae for example)
Hi, amazing guide. Having a lot of fun with it. This is my first time really trying to get serious with SSF and LEARN the ins and outs of the game. Hoping I can get some insight here in methods i should be taking in daily gameplay to progress further faster.

I'm progressing into t7-8 maps, trying to unlock as much of the atlas as possible. Running a 5-link chest currently with mostly regular gear with wand/shield. Trying to build a pool of plaza maps to farm Porcupine, trying to work masters to target Witchfire and Porcupine as much as possible. Chancing Stibnites of course. Using an ancients on flasks for witchfire.

Is it worth farming High Garden for Porcupine if you're out of level range? What's the method for forcing certain map drops? (ie plaza)

Also doing what i can get help with Empower and Enlighten drops (temple/strongboxes/etc)

Character in profile is THunderbus_Morph if you want a reference.

Thanks for the guide, and any info provided.
"
Thunderbus wrote:
Hi, amazing guide. Having a lot of fun with it. This is my first time really trying to get serious with SSF and LEARN the ins and outs of the game. Hoping I can get some insight here in methods i should be taking in daily gameplay to progress further faster.

I'm progressing into t7-8 maps, trying to unlock as much of the atlas as possible. Running a 5-link chest currently with mostly regular gear with wand/shield. Trying to build a pool of plaza maps to farm Porcupine, trying to work masters to target Witchfire and Porcupine as much as possible. Chancing Stibnites of course. Using an ancients on flasks for witchfire.

Is it worth farming High Garden for Porcupine if you're out of level range? What's the method for forcing certain map drops? (ie plaza)

Also doing what i can get help with Empower and Enlighten drops (temple/strongboxes/etc)

Character in profile is THunderbus_Morph if you want a reference.

Thanks for the guide, and any info provided.

Hi there, glad you're enjoying the build. :)

The Porcupine drops in High Gardens (Act 8), Plaza, Terrace and Gardens. If you want to calculate how much drop penalty you get on High Gardens you can check here: https://www.i-volve.net/jol/poe_xpdrop_en.php

In short: it's not worth trying to do High Gardens. They don't drop in Acts much to begin with and you get a 20% penalty on drops.

Enlighten/Empower are easiest to acquire through rolling some Strongboxes. Enlighten is semi-farmable in Ashen Woods (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Enlightened), though the divination cards prove to be rather rare.

It's great to see you already found a Witchfire Brew. That's a huge boost for your damage! :)

There are some maps that can be forced to drop with the new atlas system, but I'm almost certain Plaza ain't one of them. There's some video guides on the new atlas, so that might be worth checking out if you want to learn more about it. Good thing for us SSF players is that we can just buy all the maps from Zana. Whenever you run a Zana mission her shop resets. We don't need the chance orbs for anything else, so the maps from T1 - T8 are certain buys to enhance the map tab!
Slayer from discord :P
"
spammmm wrote:
Slayer from discord :P

Hi there, friend-o! :)

Here's a list of stuff I found during my time looking at your character. Obviously you've just respecc'd from playing a Vortex Trickster, but some stuff is general as well:

- you are missing 4 skill points from the Acts. If you type /passives in game you're shown a list of all the quests and how many skill points you received from them.
- it's a common mistakes for newer players to not pay much attention to their flasks. This one is really, really important and if you don't change them soon you'll be very frustrated from dying frequently.
- there's no quality on your flasks. 20% quality push 4.0 seconds flasks to 4.8 and 5.0 seconds flasks to 6.0. That's a huge difference and will aid you in keeping your flasks up as long as possible
- you are not playing to your strengths with the current flask setup. Atziri's Promise does nothing outside of 35% chaos resistance which has almost zero impact for you. Other flasks are not even rolled properly. Please refer to the flask section of my guide for info on what to do here

Passive tree:

- specc out of Void Barrier (including the 2 Dexterity nodes) (+5 points)
- specc out of the Dex node left of your jewel called Carrion Thirst (+1 point)
- specc out of the Melding wheel and the Int node below (towards the jewel socket) (+5 points)

You now have an additional 15 passive points to spend at your leisure together with the 4 points you are missing from the story.

My suggestion is getting the Constitution wheel (big life wheel in Scion area) for 10 points, yielding another 50% increased life. The other points can be put towards Corruption.

If you don't have good jewels yet it's better to specc out of jewel sockets for the time being and get them later in favor of getting life and damage nodes. You need to work on your gear next so that's a definite priority. You are dying a lot because you have bad defenses and a low lifepool.

In terms of setup, you'll want to switch out Controlled Destruction for Efficacy on your Blight 4-link. More damage, more duration, more better!

Your Arcane Surge linked to your Frostblink is overleveled as fuck. Frostblink costs 38 mana. Arcane Surge level 18 triggers after spending 296 mana with supported skill. That's roughly every 8 casts which is not what you'll want. Arcane Surge level 6 or 7 will trigger every time you cast the spell which will ensure a good uptime.

Here's some pointers for your gear with priorities on what to switch first:

1) The bow is less than optimal. You have some DoT multiplier on it of course, but that's not why we're using a bow. In fact, that stat could be found on a wand as well. No, we want the bow for the +1 gems.

What you'll want to do is buy the Porcupine cards, give the bow the right colours (not difficult at all) and roll it with alterations until you get +1 gems on it. If you are lacking the funds & crafts, it's fine to use a Regal Orb on it now and craft the Chaos Damage over Time multiplier now and leave it as is for the time being. With JUST +1 gems your damage will increase by about 14%. With +1 gems and 35% DoT multi you'd have 42% more damage than now. And that's with very little investment! :)

2) You'll want to switch out ALL gear that has little to no life rolls on them. This includes: both rings (look for 50+ life), your amulet (look for 60+ life), your boots (70+ life, 25%+ movement speed), gloves (70+ life) and helmet (70+ life).

I know that you also need resistances, but with open suffixes you can get good stuff and craft dual elemental resistance mods on them. This build can work around a lot of rare items which should make gearing easier for you in terms of fixing your resistances.

3) Buy Witchfire Brew a-s-a-p. That flask means another 25% more DoT for your Essence Drain.

4) Buy a Spreading Rot jewel. It'll apply stacks of Wither while channeling Blight, helping to sustain the chaos resistance debuff on enemies.

5) Buy new rare jewels. Favor %Life > Chaos Damage > Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier > Resistances (resistance is a bonus)

~
~

If you follow through my suggestions, you'll GREATLY enhance both your damage and survivability. Hope I covered everything. If there's still open questions, feel free to reply here or write on Discord again. I'm happy to help! :)
This is outdated. With the nerfs to the multimod craft you can't craft the bow like that anymore. You must hit +1 and then regal to hit chaos over time and only after that you can multimod craft because now it's "can have up to 3 crafted mods" and that one already counts as 1 so you can only craft 2 more.
"
SkyCreem wrote:
This is outdated. With the nerfs to the multimod craft you can't craft the bow like that anymore. You must hit +1 and then regal to hit chaos over time and only after that you can multimod craft because now it's "can have up to 3 crafted mods" and that one already counts as 1 so you can only craft 2 more.

The bow shown may be "outdated" since it was crafted during Legion, the crafting guide however is up to date and mentions the facts.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 11, 2020, 6:09:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info