[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

"
Sidu wrote:
When I place my glorious vanity timeless jewel I get only +200 hp -100 ES and +60 life regen per sec. Also my dmg is lower with it. Not sure if it's worth using it? I tried other sockets and it's even worse :(

The reason why we (can) use glorious vanity is because it corrupts the "mind over Matter" keystone into "Corrupted Soul", you then have to allocate the new keystone. "Corrupted Soul" gives 20% of your max Life as ES, should give 1-2k ES. The smaller corrupted nodes are not really major changes, we don't use to many in the range anyways
"
Lynnwaisse wrote:
Dear Author,

First of all, thank you for your guide! Great job!

i am a bit noob at Po, so I kindly ask you for a piece of advice.
Tell me, please, what should I aim for to raise nmy dps at the moment?
Can you review my char, please ?
Thank you in advance

Hey there, finally found the time to look into your character!

Some of the necessary changes in a quick overview:

- specc into Whispers of Doom asap (+18% more damage), otherwise there's no point in using Witchfire Brew
- replace the white Amethyst Flask for something that'll actually have a good effect for you like a Jade Flask
- replace the mana flask for a Granite Flask
- you have no freeze immunity on flasks
- you have no anti-curse on flasks
- Woe Gyre has only 25 life
- Wither totem would help you keeping the Wither stacks up and Hindering bosses while you can't channel Blight for some reason

Next big upgrade for you will of course be crafting the 6-linked bow which'll boost your damage immensely (about 40% more damage!)

The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Ok i'm kind of at a loss right now, i've been playing around with path of building to see why my tooltip dps is almost half of yours even tho my items are rather closely resembling yours and i can't figure it out.

You have a watchers eye over me, and a lvl 4 empower, but even if i put those items into my build they definitely don't almost double my dps, idk if I'm setting PoB up wrong or smth, woudl you be able to help me out on this one?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
unhappymeal wrote:
Is it possible to play this as CI? The game gifted me a 5-link Shavronne's on my first citadel map O_O.

You absolutely can use a Shavronne's, but every single piece of gear except for bow and amulet will have to change as well. You'll want at least 150 ES on Gloves and Boots, a helmet with 250+ ES, a Crystal belt with good rolls (preferably rolled with Dense fossils for inc. ES from Shavronne's), you'll want Moonstone rings with 35+ ES rolls (craft faster ES recharge), your quiver will probably be a Soul Strike.

You'll want to specc into Wicked Ward, Pain Attunement and Arcane Vision and change all the life nodes to ES nodes and ES recharge (really important).

Last but not least.. your auras will have to change too. You'll want to run Vaal Discipline + Blood Magic to reduce your life pool down to the threshold. Auras on the mana side can be the TC aura with Blasphemy & Malevolence. If you can, fit in Flesh & Stone as well.

You'll potentially have more DPS, but it comes at the cost of higher investment.

Thanks. It looks like I'm part way there with the Shavronne's already :).
"
Tomnarius wrote:
"
Sidu wrote:
When I place my glorious vanity timeless jewel I get only +200 hp -100 ES and +60 life regen per sec. Also my dmg is lower with it. Not sure if it's worth using it? I tried other sockets and it's even worse :(

The reason why we (can) use glorious vanity is because it corrupts the "mind over Matter" keystone into "Corrupted Soul", you then have to allocate the new keystone. "Corrupted Soul" gives 20% of your max Life as ES, should give 1-2k ES. The smaller corrupted nodes are not really major changes, we don't use to many in the range anyways

thx! didn't know that :)
Last edited by Sidu on Jan 4, 2020, 6:16:07 AM
Loving this build, playing it for the second league in a row (ssf). I am doing fine (or being lucky) getting most of the relevant items for this build and general progression in the atlas/endgame. But I cannot, for the life of me, find a Witchfire Brew. Am I missing something? I've tried the Bestiary Blood Altar, Ancient Orb's, Temple Sacrifice Table, ran a shitload of maps and even attempted to chance it quite a bit but it won't drop for me. It's not a league exclusive or something isn't it? Any additional tips on how to get one? I feel like it would open up a few interesting options in the build for me at this point.
"
PilotLanguste wrote:
Loving this build, playing it for the second league in a row (ssf). I am doing fine (or being lucky) getting most of the relevant items for this build and general progression in the atlas/endgame. But I cannot, for the life of me, find a Witchfire Brew. Am I missing something? I've tried the Bestiary Blood Altar, Ancient Orb's, Temple Sacrifice Table, ran a shitload of maps and even attempted to chance it quite a bit but it won't drop for me. It's not a league exclusive or something isn't it? Any additional tips on how to get one? I feel like it would open up a few interesting options in the build for me at this point.

It's not league-exclusive. Sometimes chance works against you, and this sounds like a prime example of that. :(

Ancient Orbs won't help you either since the drop table for that one will be any unique flask (outside of league-exclusives, which Witchfire Brew does not belong to).

Only option is to keep grinding. Despair is super helpful and you can apply it with Bane if necessary. You could run Contagion + IncAoE + Despair in one of the 3-links for example
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 5, 2020, 4:16:53 PM
"
jimjak94 wrote:
Ok i'm kind of at a loss right now, i've been playing around with path of building to see why my tooltip dps is almost half of yours even tho my items are rather closely resembling yours and i can't figure it out.

You have a watchers eye over me, and a lvl 4 empower, but even if i put those items into my build they definitely don't almost double my dps, idk if I'm setting PoB up wrong or smth, woudl you be able to help me out on this one?

Changed Faster Casting to Arcane Surge (Level 6) and your DPS on Essence Drain went up by 11.5%. Changed Wither stacks to 15 and Infusion to activated (on calc page) as well as boss to Shaper/Guardian.

https://pastebin.com/xpQ0KMqq
Hello, is cherubim maleficence a good armour for this build ? According to PoB, if i equip one (i just drop one), it's a huge boost of DPS, but i lost 800 ES, gain 274 life, lose 148 evasion (at 20 % quality, i've beast recipe to corrupt to 30 %).
At the same time i havent socket a doryani jewel yet, so maybe the lost of ES can be balanced ? I don't found how to sim a doryani jewel in PoB
Here is my currently PoB : https://pastebin.com/BqpGHkpk
"
scorflex wrote:
Hello, is cherubim maleficence a good armour for this build ? According to PoB, if i equip one (i just drop one), it's a huge boost of DPS, but i lost 800 ES, gain 274 life, lose 148 evasion (at 20 % quality, i've beast recipe to corrupt to 30 %).
At the same time i havent socket a doryani jewel yet, so maybe the lost of ES can be balanced ? I don't found how to sim a doryani jewel in PoB
Here is my currently PoB : https://pastebin.com/BqpGHkpk

Cherrubim's is "alright", but it's only really good with skills like Dark Pact or when you convert a considerable amount of damage to Chaos and need a source of life leech. A rare armour will provide loads of life, evasion and energy shield as well as potentially significant crafts like +1 Curse (saves 4+ points from Whispers of Doom), life as extra ES etc.

If possible opt for a rare chest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info