[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Bendortiker wrote:
Not sure how you guys are handling this. My ED is level 27 and it still feels super clunky since blue mobs in T16 take some time to die and no immediate spreading until the first one drops...

ED just seems to be way worse since the hp buff.

Only thing i see is to invest god tier money and bring ED up to lvl 35 - but for less currency you get a decent CoC char, that might die occasionally but farms twice as quickly (some metamoprhs oneshot 20k ES anyway, so there is no need to go ultra tanky when the theshold is set that high since anything below that is 0 ROI).

Thoughts?

Yep, Ed isn't as good as a necro or a miner.
I wish GGG also could understand that buffing enemies life wise wants us to play the highest damage builds available, and that adding oneshot mechanics that can't be seen because of shitty gfx also favorises squishy builds. Basically this "balance patch" did the exact opposite of the intended meta shift.
F

That said for clearspeed, ED's still really really good, and this build stays very tanky. You don't see 20k hitting abilities often after all, let's not exxagerate. But you will need more investment in the build to make it feel great, sadly.
Don't get me wrong, I think needing 15ex of gear to clear red maps comfortably is a good thing. The problem lies in the builds that don't need the same investment (necro I'm looking at you).
Has anyone here managed to get your ED to do 1mil chaos damage per second? I'm currently at just above 740k and would love to be able to hit 1mil but I don't see how that is possible.
Ok got my chest thanks!

Ended up using around 600 jewellers to get 4 blue-2green and 500 fusing to 6link. Paid 50c for a 2850+ evasion chest for a total expense of under 3ex, so the little gamble paid off over buying one linked :)

Grabbed a green nightmare too. I'm lvl92 so missing one skill point from your POB, what would you say is the least important node? Mana and life (5%life/8%mana)?

Also I know I can pickup 6% dodge from boots upgrade (my next in line) but without that I'm sitting at 53% attack dodge/50% spell. Where else am I missing dodge to reach up to the cap you mention?
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jan 8, 2020, 6:17:06 PM
"
Bendortiker wrote:
Not sure how you guys are handling this. My ED is level 27 and it still feels super clunky since blue mobs in T16 take some time to die and no immediate spreading until the first one drops...

Only thing i see is to invest god tier money and bring ED up to lvl 35 - but for less currency you get a decent CoC char, that might die occasionally but farms twice as quickly (some metamoprhs oneshot 20k ES anyway, so there is no need to go ultra tanky when the theshold is set that high since anything below that is 0 ROI).

Thoughts?

Blue mobs take some time to die? You sure you aren't doing something else in your build wrong? It definitely starts to run out of gas at tier 16, but with the staff 6L it only slows down very slightly for blue mobs, not enough to actually slow down mapping, just maybe a second before the chain reaction starts.

Now bosses are a real big sticking point to be sure, as they take so long to die with ED+Blight that you start to feel less tanky than the build really is because you have to survive 2x the mechanics of most builds.

I recently brought my own ED up to level 26 via the 10-12ex bow which added ~27% damage over my staff and removed the minor "stickiness" feeling on blue mobs. That ends up being about 660k DPS for me.

I have really been feeling like this build doesn't quite cut it in the end game myself, but that's more against Sirius/extra tanky bosses because it's just such a slog to kill them. However you really shouldn't struggle against blue mobs at tier 16 with maybe ~1ex of gear (although you need to drop another 2-3ex for tank items after that to really get comfy).

I highly recommend loading up your character in PoB and maybe comparing it to the build guide or other poster's builds in this thread. My own profile is open.

I just wish it was more comfortable to hit 1m+ dps and not something you have to scratch and claw for with a ton of exalts or a low life variant on the build.

The HP buff has kind of shit on the less than peak meta excessively high dps builds.
Last edited by yakri on Jan 8, 2020, 5:47:12 PM
"
yakri wrote:
"
Bendortiker wrote:

Thoughts?

Blue mobs take some time to die? You sure you aren't doing something else in your build wrong? It definitely starts to run out of gas at tier 16, but with the staff 6L it only slows down very slightly for blue mobs, not enough to actually slow down mapping, just maybe a second before the chain reaction starts.

Now bosses are a real big sticking point to be sure, as they take so long to die with ED+Blight that you start to feel less tanky than the build really is because you have to survive 2x the mechanics of most builds.

I recently brought my own ED up to level 26 via the 10-12ex bow which added ~27% damage over my staff and removed the minor "stickiness" feeling on blue mobs. That ends up being about 660k DPS for me.

I have really been feeling like this build doesn't quite cut it in the end game myself, but that's more against Sirius/extra tanky bosses because it's just such a slog to kill them. However you really shouldn't struggle against blue mobs at tier 16 with maybe ~1ex of gear (although you need to drop another 2-3ex for tank items after that to really get comfy).

I highly recommend loading up your character in PoB and maybe comparing it to the build guide or other poster's builds in this thread. My own profile is open.

I just wish it was more comfortable to hit 1m+ dps and not something you have to scratch and claw for with a ton of exalts or a low life variant on the build.

The HP buff has kind of shit on the less than peak meta excessively high dps builds.

1 ex gear? bruh, what are u talking about bruh? Like i said, my ED is level 27 atm - the empower 4 alone cost me 8 ex back then. 1 ex gear, bruh -.-

on a more serious note: it just feels clunky in t16 and increasing levels via double corrupt skin or similar is just as much as buying a HH and doing some CoC action...

Just wanted to share my feelings since i have leaguestarted ED ever since i started POE (back in synthesis league) and it was always a pleasure. (Actually i started out with soulrend back then, but hey...)
Last edited by Bendortiker on Jan 8, 2020, 6:09:59 PM
"
Danneyo wrote:
Has anyone here managed to get your ED to do 1mil chaos damage per second? I'm currently at just above 740k and would love to be able to hit 1mil but I don't see how that is possible.

You're already at more than 1.3M dps with wither up, without counting blight.
If you want a million tooltip, nah that's not hapenning. You can reach 850, not much more without going lowlife or indigon. But these are really squishy (on a trickster).

"
Shaddolf wrote:
Ok got my chest thanks!

Ended up using around 600 jewellers to get 4 blue-2green and 500 fusing to 6link. Paid 50c for a 2850+ evasion chest for a total expense of under 3ex, so the little gamble paid off over buying one linked :)

Grabbed a green nightmare too. I'm lvl92 so missing one skill point from your POB, what would you say is the least important node? Mana and life (5%life/8%mana)?

Also I know I can pickup 6% dodge from boots upgrade (my next in line) but without that I'm sitting at 53% attack dodge/50% spell. Where else am I missing dodge to reach up to the cap you mention?

53% I'll assume you have accro, improvements, hyrri's and green nightmare, no time to check rn.
Boots are 6% (total 59), pantheon is 5%(64%, only factor it in when you have wind dancer imo) and quartz flask is 10% (74%).
Note that Freedom of movement also gives 5% while killing or using a quartz flask.

5% life is pretty good but droppable. Try to do coward's trial rotas, you'll be lvl 95 in no time!
This farming T16 legion comfortably?
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Try to do coward's trial rotas, you'll be lvl 95 in no time!

Just not dying is helping me there! Last two days I started and ended at 0% xp. Today I'm at 50% with 2 silly deaths.
I don't understand how the gameplay is supposed to work here when you have both ED and Blight.
When do you use ED and when do you use Blight? Why do we want two DPS abilities?

I understand that you drop down Contagion first and then put ED on them, but why also have Blight?
Last edited by Reynbow on Jan 8, 2020, 11:28:17 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Couple of pages ago he was described crafting process.
You need to alteration spam for chaos damage over time multi, then regal and multimod it together with "can't roll attack mods". Now the item have no empty suffixes, and the only available prefix would be +1 to gems, so you just slam it with exalt.

After that you clear you benchcraft and multimod it again with actual useful mods. The end.

Pretty sure he knows that.
Anyways, I added a full detailed crafting guide for the bows in the guide under gear > bow > Crafting tutorials, so feel free to check out if it's worth the investment for you. Minimum cost is 8ex, maybe you get it in 9 if you are insanely lucky. Expect an average of 11-12.

I'm kind of new to crafting. When you say to annul off until damage over time multi is the last suffix remaining, do the prefixes not matter at this point? dropped an ex worth of alts and got T1 multi once, and then annuled it off immediately after I regal'd before realizing it was the only suffix at the time.

Thanks for the guide, having a lot of fun playing the build, I just need more damage!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info