[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

For people min-maxing, don't sleep on the mod that Brutal Restraint adds to the Melding notable we also take on the passive tree. Here's my take on possible rolls:

BiS
You gain Onslaught for 8 seconds on Kill (if you don't get this via your bow)

Good
4% increased maximum Life
10% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills

Quality of Life
10% increased Flask Charges gained
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
5% increased Movement Speed

Situational
+20% to Cold Resistance
Non-unique Flasks have 8% increased Effect on you
can someone check my character, i have around 45ex for upgrades :D amd no idea on what to waste them
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
OceanKaiser wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/g4zpf5/thank_you_for_using_the_alhezmin_xp_removal/

the post thread from "Pjatteri Allmighty Rearbender" explaines why I died a lot especially to those mobs the hunter spawns.

thats why the "unkillable" tag is misleading and a lot of oneshots happen.

yep, had a long discussion about this a few dozen pages ago.
Repost:

Spoiler
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

"
lehlehich wrote:

That's the thing: i have shakari poison immunity. And -10% chaos resistance... I dont see Unkillable-ness of this build. I doubt that 3 endurance charges will change that (when i finally open that very rare craft).

You were referring to the al-hezmin snakes that do the bell shaped attack that shotgun?

These things?:
https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Man-Tracker

They deal 724 damage on average per hit, half phys, half chaos. it's worth nothing this skill hits twice, as it'll often target just behind you, and both the projectile and the ground explosion deals damage.

So, in a pack of 10 all attacking at the same time, you're getting hit for 20 x 724 = 14480 damage. Before map mods.
These things deal an absurd amount of burst, most builds get onesehot by them if they don't kill them from a distance. This is problematic in narrow passages, a pack of them in toxic sewers is pretty much impossible to manually dodge.

Now, if we imagine a random 7k hp build with 50% chaos res (which is a lot), he's get hit by 20x543 damage, because this attack deals full physical with 50% chaos conversion. That's over 10k damage, he dies.
A ci build with 9k es? he takes 7240 damage before map mods. Ci builds usually have low phys mitigation, he's probably dead with a single map mod.

Now, this build. We have -40% chaos res, oof.
But, we have 25% phys reducation (pantheon is maxed, since there's a pack of mobs next to us, assuming soul of steel and 3 endurances).
We also have 10% reduced chaos damage taken, and 75% dodge.
On average, we get hit 5 times, for 362*1.4*0.9 + 362*0.75 = 3638 damage. Not counting ghost shrouds heal, wind dance first hit mitigation, he take less than half our EHP.
Invest in the defences you can, it'll pay off. Do the math on your own character, figure out why you get oneshot. Look at mapmods when you die, understand your death. With enough investment, you'll take less than half the damage a CI build takes, against a dangerous source of chaos damage. Despite having -40 chaos res.
What's up with the people of reddit claiming "dodge doesn't work on these because it's mortar effect", does that have any basis or is it some random reddit wisdom?

I was under the impression that (spell) dodge and (spell) block do exactly the same thing, but they claim in that thread that the ability can be blocked but not dodged. Why?
"
For people min-maxing, don't sleep on the mod that Brutal Restraint adds to the Melding notable we also take on the passive tree. Here's my take on possible rolls:

BiS

Good

Quality of Life

Situational
+20% to Cold Resistance

My man! Did not know about this. Blew 120 divines on it for fun, didn't see a single onslaught on kill (even when not paired with wind dancer) going to say its either super rare or Im super unlucky :(. Landed on a % increased max life roll at least.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 21, 2020, 4:42:58 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

yep, had a long discussion about this a few dozen pages ago.
Repost:

{redacted}
What's up with the people of reddit claiming "dodge doesn't work on these because it's mortar effect", does that have any basis or is it some random reddit wisdom?

I was under the impression that (spell) dodge and (spell) block do exactly the same thing, but they claim in that thread that the ability can be blocked but not dodged. Why?

As far as I know, this is reddit being reddit.
Maybe someone's out there aware of some weird interaction, but I don't see how the "mortar effect" prevents you from dodging.

Also, you're absolutely correct that dodge and block do exactly the same thing.
When you get hit, the hit is either attack, spell or secondary damage. It's one of the three, and never a combination. Only this determines if you can dodge or block the hit, nothing else. The only difference between block and dodge is the fact "avoiding", "dodging" or "evading" a hit cancels the rest of onhit events, where block simply reduces damage taken by 100%, but you still get hit. But this is irrrelevent in most cases anyways, unless you're playing some weird ass glove enchant focused build.

"
arelil wrote:
"

BiS

Good

Quality of Life

Situational
+20% to Cold Resistance

My man! Did not know about this. Blew 120 divines on it for fun, didn't see a single onslaught on kill (even when not paired with wind dancer) going to say its either super rare or Im super unlucky :(. Landed on a % increased max life roll at least.

This is pretty good advice.
A few leagues ago I was really into trying to make onslaught on it to work, but now getting it on a bow is just the best option. Plus, well, as you've seen it's obnoxiously rare. I got a jewel with life on melding and onslaught on the charges cluster, best I got.

Life is pretty much the best otherwise, and is one of the most common modifier.

I should add this to the main guide. I should probably do the last flowchart, it's long overdue ><
"
LittleShorkan wrote:
PoE Wiki says that Culling Strike isn't applicable to Damage over time (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Culling_strike). Isn't that true?

Wouldn't Warlord's Increased damage over time prefix (27-30%) be better for us anyway? I don't know how these numbers interact with each other, but that sounds like a sizeable amount.

It's not just about ED or contagion. Flame Dash or shield charge will be affected by this.
Last edited by IceColdPorkSoda on Apr 21, 2020, 5:59:53 PM
"
arelil wrote:

Hey looking at your profile, how did you get those jewels with % life, Chaos DoT Multi, and two % damage mods? Did you buy them for double digit ex each?
"
"
arelil wrote:

Hey looking at your profile, how did you get those jewels with % life, Chaos DoT Multi, and two % damage mods? Did you buy them for double digit ex each?

Got a snipe on one for like 3ex, other was 15. Definitely recommend just passively having a live search up while you're playing, sometimes you get lucky. That jewel is actually the most expensive part of my build outside of the helm and bow ha.
"
arelil wrote:
"
"
arelil wrote:

Got a snipe on one for like 3ex, other was 15. Definitely recommend just passively having a live search up while you're playing, sometimes you get lucky. That jewel is actually the most expensive part of my build outside of the helm and bow ha.
Thanks! I was testing out your recommendation of switching to 2 clusters. It seems like it would cost me about 50-100c to get the three cluster jewels and a decent life/dmg/ES jewel (but not your multi-ex gg jewel).

This would give me 7% increased DoT DPS plus an additional Touch of Cruelty (PoB doesn't calculate the "Enemies take 10% increased damage" yet so idk). But I would lose 94 life.

Check out the PoB (I saved the two trees so you can switch between them using the bottom left swap option): https://pastebin.com/rpDwHA7q

Am I missing something? Or is this a straight DPS for life trade-off?
"
Thanks! I was testing out your recommendation of switching to 2 clusters. It seems like it would cost me about 50-100c to get the three cluster jewels and a decent life/dmg/ES jewel (but not your multi-ex gg jewel).

This would give me 7% increased DoT DPS plus an additional Touch of Cruelty (PoB doesn't calculate the "Enemies take 10% increased damage" yet so idk). But I would lose 94 life.

Check out the PoB (I saved the two trees so you can switch between them using the bottom left swap option): https://pastebin.com/rpDwHA7q

Am I missing something? Or is this a straight DPS for life trade-off?

I took a look, I would de-spec the 5 points from the 'method to the madness' wheel. Pick up another medium cluster jewel similar to your others and spend 4 points filling it out completely, although tbh I would get flow of life + brush with death on at least one for more of that sweet recovery. This will give you access to another flow of life, for another 4% increased max life. With your fifth point, pick up the Trickery notable for another +20% damage. This rounds things out with you having more DPS than the original two-cluster tree you sent over + 5380 life, only down 18 from where you originally started. You are up 32 points of ES at least though.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 21, 2020, 8:50:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info