[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Foridesign wrote:
Some of the new jewels I found interesting:
No Witnesses
10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
25% increased Elusive Effect

I did NOT see that one. My bad, this is a must get now. Absolutely bonkers, yes please.

Dark ideation, eternal suffering and eldritch inspiration are imo not worth the passive point investment they require.
Hey Guys, I have one question regarding Leveling, as I was practicing league starts for this build in SSF mode.

1.) Are the leveling trees actually uptodate? Seem pretty old, 3.7 Era. When I open them I get a notification that stuff might not be working.

2.) Wicked Ward

"
Energy Shield Recharge is not interrupted by Damage if Recharge began Recently
50% less Energy Shield Regeneration Rate
50% less Maximum total Recovery per Second from Energy Shield Leech

Eldritch Battery

"
EldritchBattery
Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs
Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life
50% less Energy Shield Recharge Rate

Mind Over Matter

"
30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life

OK, so basically the guide says don't use MoM before you got around 2000 ES. Got it, no problem. My general question here is, as I never played MoM, will it then take the 30% damage from Mana or Energy Shield? Because of "Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life"... dont get it :D

You skill tree takes Eldritch Battery and Wicked Ward pretty early. Whenever I use these, I notice a huge drop in survivabilty during leveling, doesn't feel very good to be honest. Why do we take them so early, does that even make sense to pretty much waste all of our ES at that stage?

3.) Asked this earlier, but no answer. Are there any interesting crafting/vendor-recipes that we can use on our wands to easily scale some damage? +1 to chaos gems doesn't work anymore, that's why i ask.

Have a nice day guys, im so hyped lol.

"
markuskanada wrote:
Hey Guys, I have one question regarding Leveling, as I was practicing league starts for this build in SSF mode.

1.) Are the leveling trees actually uptodate? Seem pretty old, 3.7 Era. When I open them I get a notification that stuff might not be working.

2.)
[...]
You skill tree takes Eldritch Battery and Wicked Ward pretty early. Whenever I use these, I notice a huge drop in survivabilty during leveling, doesn't feel very good to be honest. Why do we take them so early, does that even make sense to pretty much waste all of our ES at that stage?

3.) Asked this earlier, but no answer. Are there any interesting crafting/vendor-recipes that we can use on our wands to easily scale some damage? +1 to chaos gems doesn't work anymore, that's why i ask.

Have a nice day guys, im so hyped lol.

1.)

I updated them like 2 weeks ago... Apparently I'm using the 3.7 layout, indeed.
yes, they are still up to date. We aren't taking any node that changed. The 3.7 tree had differences near the top left, but the endgame tree is in 3.8.
Sorry for the confusion.

2.)

I didn't mind the survivability reduction, I don't think I died while levelling my metamorph char... EB is just for mana sustain, feel free to not take it if you feel squishy with it ^^
Otherwise yes, as ssoon as you have MoM, 30% of damage is taken from ES before life.

3.)

There's pretty much nothing. if you can get a +1 wand, it'll carry you to maps, otherwise the few leveling uniques I listed are fine.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
... ...

1.)

yes, they are still up to date. We aren't taking any node that changed. The 3.7 tree had differences near the top left, but the endgame tree is in 3.8.
Sorry for the confusion.

2.)

I didn't mind the survivability reduction, I don't think I died while levelling my metamorph char... EB is just for mana sustain, feel free to not take it if you feel squishy with it ^^
Otherwise yes, as ssoon as you have MoM, 30% of damage is taken from ES before life.

3.)

There's pretty much nothing. if you can get a +1 wand, it'll carry you to maps, otherwise the few leveling uniques I listed are fine.

Thanks my friend, appreciate your support here honestly!
Hey, first of all Nice written guide! :)
I have a few questions.. Im thinking about starting with this in 3.10 should i play normal ED/Contagion and transition to it later on or just play this from scratch? The other thing is i found this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2718522

and the classic question is.. is it better? xD Ive seen that it alot more defense, but losing some deepz, coming from the shield i guess. But it has high block chance. I never played the blockster thing so im curious. Most leaguestarts i have the same problem, I see a build i want to play, but there are so many guides out there that i cannot decide :<
The two POBs I looked at you have Pain Attunement with points in, but nothing to keep you on low life that I can see. Is there something blatant I'm missing?

Edit - Found it under the FAQ sorry!
Last edited by holmedog on Mar 10, 2020, 12:28:35 PM
"
holmedog wrote:
The two POBs I looked at you have Pain Attunement with points in, but nothing to keep you on low life that I can see. Is there something blatant I'm missing?

Edit - Found it under the FAQ sorry!

It's in the frequently asked section.

"
FakeSmile92 wrote:
Hey, first of all Nice written guide! :)
I have a few questions.. Im thinking about starting with this in 3.10 should i play normal ED/Contagion and transition to it later on or just play this from scratch? The other thing is i found this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2718522

and the classic question is.. is it better? xD Ive seen that it alot more defense, but losing some deepz, coming from the shield i guess. But it has high block chance. I never played the blockster thing so im curious. Most leaguestarts i have the same problem, I see a build i want to play, but there are so many guides out there that i cannot decide :<

If by "better" you mean more damage, play lowlife. But lowlife is 8k ehp max with no mitigation (good sustain tho). I don't recommend it, but in a softcore environement an argument can be made for it.
Otherwise, we don't really have less damage than any other setup, actually we have more damage than any setup using wand+shield.

When you say "play normal ed-c and transition to this later", this guide is as normal as it gets. There's no "transition" per say. Just level with wands (lifesprig), swap to cane of unraveling when you can, and once you can afford it start using a bow. There's a transition point in ed-c builds only if you go CI (but ES isn't that popular rn, despite being strong, so no problem going CI on leaguestart).

Now, the guide you linked is one I kinda like. The guide itself is pretty lackluster, but the build is really good. It's how I would play CI.
Is it better? I don't know. It's significantly less damage, but slightly more tanky. You'll achieve slightly higher ehp, which ends up giving you about the same mitigation as this build using wind dancer against one shots.
Against small hits, it uses maxblock but doesn't mitigate all damage from them. This is compensed by having es on block and ED's insane regen. Either build don't die from small hits overlaps anyways.

I think ED's damage is a bit low rn, especially with the new buffed bosses. I don't think going with a build that doesn't uses op ED bows is a good idea early on. Biased opinion ofc, it's my build. Feel free to prove me wrong, plenty of people have been sucessful with CI maxblock ED tricksters, it's definitely a good option.

TL/DR: your choice, both are pretty good.
"
markuskanada wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
... ...

1.)

Sorry for the confusion.

2.)

3.)

Thanks my friend, appreciate your support here honestly!

Remember vendors restock everytime you level. Check the wand be sir everytime you go back to town. From level 2 onwards it possible they will sell +1 to chaos gems or chaos multi.

Either or these are extremely good and will get you through all ten acts.

If you have a spare 5 hours (lol) Zizarian has just put up a YouTube video of him levelling a ED/Con char SSF from the start. His is a hardcore build so I'd follow this guide rather than his for skills and trees but well worth a watch for an hour or so to see some basic tips for the very beginning of the league.
Well, it looks like the crafting guides are outdated now, looking at the patch notes for 3.10? That's a shame, I was hoping to learn a bit of crafting with this build in the upcoming league :(
I enjoy creating thematic builds, that are still perfectly functional!

- [3.25] (CONCEPT) Master of Blades - Death by a Thousand Impales: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3533232
- [3.25] The Undying Vampire - Colin Robinson Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3438891
Hiya Dark, first time looking at poe for a month and thinking I'll play this upcoming league. Bit out of the loop on changes and reading up now, but by the looks Ed will only get a bit better with the new jewels coming? On the fence whether I go Ed again or something else for a change hrm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info