[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hi!,

You have whispers of doom in the tree, however we are only using one curse, i.e. Temp chains. Am i missing something here?

thanks!
Any thoughts or ideas regarding new socketed clusters and changes to passive tree?
"
Mordath2018 wrote:

Hi!,

You have whispers of doom in the tree, however we are only using one curse, i.e. Temp chains. Am i missing something here?

thanks!

I am not using temp chains, and not allocating whispers of doom!
Wrong build ^^'
I think the build you're referring to uses solstice vigil and witchfire brew. I personally think solstice vigil is a waste of a slot, but you do you.

"
Lafeuile wrote:
Any thoughts or ideas regarding new socketed clusters and changes to passive tree?

Waiting to see the list popping in a few hours.
Will most likely drop corruption to allocate voices in the cluster near accrobatics, or a large jewel. We'll see depending on the notables, but the 5% chaos dot enchant is already very very good even as a white large jewel so... yeah.
I'll see how I can update the guide. Maybe for now I'll do a separate section for cluster jewels, and I'll add them to the main tree section when people get familiar with it.
But like in any build, they seem good.
For someone whos never played an ED build how many buttons are you regularly pressing here. It seems like you are doing 4 things at once, is this easy to play for old guys with carpal tunnel or is it a piano build?
Looking forward to play your build on the next league, I wonder if you planned to modify anything from the tree since the new 260 jewel mods have been published. Some of the notables look very suitable for ED Contagion.
Yup. New cluster jewels seems very nice for us.
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

ED/bane instances are destroyed if you unequip/weapon swap an item that had the source gem. You can't do this.

Very sad thx for info.

About jewels can you add categories like "best offence", "best utility" etc.?

Right now for offence Exposure Therapy and Touch of Cruelty looks good (if i understand correctly) both will give +10% multi on bosses.

Mender's Wellspring good for free flask suffix (add ignite or shock removal?)

No Witnesses, Darting Movements, Aerialist, Elegant Form - any of this gives some kind of dodge and/or movement speed.

Hmm free source of arcane surge with totems (Ancestral Inspiration) or with channel blight (Arcane Adept)

Hex Breaker can possibly free another flask suffix curse removal.
To be honnest, I was expecting more heavy hitters damage wise. For the defensive nodes, they're really good, but for 4 points each... I'm not actually sure.

Reminder that to get a large cluster jewel in the build, we're dropping the inertia jewel socket, corruption and unnatural calm.
This gives us 12 points back, which have to give more than the following benefits:

- 72% increased damage
- 10% increased dot multiplier
- 30% increased maximum energy shield
- 1 jewel socket
- 1% maximum lightning resistance
- 15% increased energy shield recharge rate
- 20 dex
- 20 int

While I'm sure we can beat this, it's not easy.

Here are the best notables:

■ OFFENCE ■

Arcane Adept
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Channelling
Channelling Skills deal 20% increased Damage
Gain Arcane Surge after Channelling for 1 second

Ancestral Inspiration
Gain Arcane Surge when you Summon a Totem
Spells cast by Totems deal 25% increased Damage

Arcane surge grants 10% more damage. Really good for a single notable.

Brush with Death
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Recover 1% of Life on Kill
Recover 1% of Energy Shield on Kill

Exposure Therapy
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time

These two aren't very strong, givine about 4% more damage each, but they seem to be able to roll on the same large jewel. To keep an eye on, especially with their good defensive quality of life.

Touch of Cruelty
Chaos Skills have 10% chance to Hinder Enemies on Hit, with 30% reduced Movement Speed
Enemies Hindered by you take 10% increased Chaos Damage

Good on paper, but would only consider alongside aspect of the spider. Only about 4% more damage against withered targets, I wouldn't use this. But it's alright for clear.

Assert Dominance
10% increased Area Damage
15% increased Area of Effect if you've Killed Recently
10% increased Area of Effect if you've Killed at least 5 Enemies Recently

This looks like it can only roll on large jewels with mods that don't affect ED. If it's the case, it's not worth using. But 25% aoe on a notable is good. Wouldn't push too hard for it tho, especially since you can already take 20% aoe for 1 point on the tree. But if you like more aoe, this is to consider.

Mender's Wellspring
25% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Life Flasks gain 1 Charge every 3 seconds
Remove Bleeding when you use a Life Flask

Actually decent! Would allow us to move freeze immunity on life flask and use bottled faith instead of aquamarine for more regen/damage. About 6% more effective damage if we factor in bottled faith, and has the obvious benefit of the large consecrated ground from the flask for regen.

Evil Eye
Enemies you Curse take 5% increased Damage
5% chance to Dodge Attack Hits from Cursed Enemies

Master of Fear
Enemies you Curse are Intimidated
Enemies you Curse are Unnerved

Wish for death
You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies
Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Interesting. There aren't really strong alone, but can most likely roll together, making them actually pretty good! Daily reminder that culling strike works on ED, but only on the projectile hit. It's 11% more damage on endgame bosses, but needs some getting used to.

Untouchable
30% increased Evasion Rating
3% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
3% chance to Dodge Spell Hits

Prismatic Dance
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

Again, probably not worth using these two as standalones, but together, they would be really good.

Prismatic Carapace
30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

Enduring Composure
30% increased Armour
Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently

Militarism
30% increased Armour
8% increased maximum Life

These 3 are in the same cluster group, but are mostly on small jewels. If you can get multiple, that'd be completely broken. These notables are really really strong.

Aerialist
5% increased Dexterity

Elegant Form
30% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments

Darting Movements
5% increased Movement Speed
5% chance to Dodge Attack and Spell Hits while moving

Alright dodge nodes. We already skip helping kraitin (3% dodge for 2 points), so I fail to see how this would be good. Could be tho, we shall see. They are on the same cluster group, so if they can roll together we might have winners there.

Sublime Sensation
10% increased maximum Energy Shield

Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

Peak Vigour
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

Surging Vitality
Regenerate 0.5% of Life per second
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 10% of Life over one second

Peace Amidst Chaos
2% additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary
Regenerate 2% of Life per second while stationary

I shouldn't have to explain why these are good. They are visibly all in the same cluster group, but again I doubt you can have multiple of these on a single jewel.

That's about it. It won't actually be a significative buff from just allocating good nodes on the tree, but there's some potential.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
For someone whos never played an ED build how many buttons are you regularly pressing here. It seems like you are doing 4 things at once, is this easy to play for old guys with carpal tunnel or is it a piano build?

I'm presonally really pianoing flasks too much, so I'm pressing a lot of buttons.
That said, ed is pretty mashing intensive. For each cast you have to press 2 buttons, and you probably want to flame dash straight after. So for each pack you do:
- Contagion
- Essence drain
- Flame dash
- Quicksilver
Also you want to get the boss rotation with blight and wither totems really anchored in muscle memory, there's 6 buttons to press there.

TL/DR: nah, it's pretty intensive. Would not recomend if you want a relaxed -abberath hoove's style- playstyle.
Some of the new jewels I found interesting:

Untouchable

Darting Movements
5% increased Movement Speed
5% chance to Dodge Attack and Spell Hits while moving

No Witnesses
10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
25% increased Elusive Effect

Dark Ideation