[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey guys, Hey OP,

thanks for this guide. This community seems more active than other ED guides.

I was thinking of playing ED again, but more seriously this time.
I played it in Legion, but like many others did, I spent most time in white maps farming Monoliths. I didn't even try to push red, but I can remember that I started to struggle a lot in yellow maps already with single target.

- Could you guys farm Sirus A8 without any problems? Or do you need to invest a lot to reach an acceptable amount of DPS?

- Map clear seems pretty good, right? Where does the movement speed come from? I love to stack an unusual high amount of movement speed for pretty much any build that I play

- I played Scourge Arrow last league, possibly the best balanced build I ever played. Still thinking of running it again. It could do ANY content in this game on a superb level. How does this compare? Is there anything you don't enjoy doing with this build?

- Will you struggle hard to reach yellow/red without investment?

- Will I be able to kill Conquerors and juicy Bosses in the beginning of the league already? Or do you need to invest heavily before you can take on end game bosses?

- Carcass Jack is not really popular any more i guess? I used it in Legion where it rocked, obviously.

- So... I see many people claiming Bane is "better" than ED. Why would they say that? More single target DPS?

- What are for you guys the biggest downsides to this build (in your experience)?

- No shield charge? I hoped to see it implemented , love the speed.

I wish you all a nice day!
- Could you guys farm Sirus A8 without any problems? Or do you need to invest a lot to reach an acceptable amount of DPS?

No. I can farm A8 sirus with no problem because I know the fight. When you have 10ex+ invested (which you probably should have when you get to him), you get tanky enough to completely ignore him while he dies. On a budget (~2-3ex), he really takes a long time to die. Ed's playstyle is good for it since you can just run around and apply a dot every 5 seconds, but it takes a while.
You won't break your siruses as long as you know roughly what you are doing, but any build with high singletarget will obliterate sirus with ease. Not ED.

- Map clear seems pretty good, right? Where does the movement speed come from? I love to stack an unusual high amount of movement speed for pretty much any build that I play

Yes. ED has notoriously good clearspeed. See how everyone is going ham on explody chests and impulsa? Well, we have the same but 3 time the radius on the explosions. It just doesn't graphically blow up the screen, so not as good for brgging I guess...
For movementspeed:
- 30% on boots (40% with enchant)
- 20% onslaught
- 70% quicksilver
- 10% maraketh implicit (20% with redeemer's movementspeed)
- 10% ghost dance
- 10% freedom of movement
- 5% fangs of the viper
Nothing fantastic, but not bad at all. The fact that we don't have to stop all the time to cast things also helps make it feel good, we just cast once and run.

- I played Scourge Arrow last league, possibly the best balanced build I ever played. Still thinking of running it again. It could do ANY content in this game on a superb level. How does this compare? Is there anything you don't enjoy doing with this build?

I only make builds that can do all content. The only thing you can't run with ED is the timeless domain. I mean you can, but imo you really shouldn't on anything that isn't a headhunter+tempchains build.
That said, this build focuses on clearspeed and tankyness, and sacrifices singletarget damage for it. Early league/on very tight budgets, high dps is king in killing bosses. You'll occasionnally die, but it's SC after all. Tanky builds have a bad time staying alive for as long as you're not tanky enough, ans you won't have the damage to kill things.
That said after a few exalts playing this, you'll not only clear everything without dying, but you'll be able to take on deep delve bosses other archetypes often can't.
Choose depending on what you usually do in a league, I suppose ^^

- Will you struggle hard to reach yellow/red without investment?

No. Reaching yellow will be absoluteny no problem with levelling gear, just life and be rescapped, 4L cane is fine. You'll want to upgrade to a 5l to do yellows/reach reds. Really really cheap and easy to start.
Be warned tho, this is only the beginning. After this, ED hits a wall where you need to spend 2-3ex (early league price) for a 6l cane (more or less mandatory for t13+). For shaper/elder guardians, You'll probabyl want the bow and that's an other 10ex wall.
Very cheap to start, but requires average investment to actually clear the endgame (read: not a necro or miner).
Also, Blight+ED's damage is completely busted for levelling. Idk why.

- Will I be able to kill Conquerors and juicy Bosses in the beginning of the league already? Or do you need to invest heavily before you can take on end game bosses?

Conquerors are piss easy, so yes. If by "juicy bosses" you mean hard shaper/elder guardians, not until you have at least a 6l cane. And even then, it won't feel good until you at least have the bow.
But if you want a build that clears hard t16 guardians with 50c investment... Well you shouldn't look too far, there's miners and necro. You'll need about 5-10ex investment on everything else to feel comfortable.

- Carcass Jack is not really popular any more i guess? I used it in Legion where it rocked, obviously.

Carcass jack and zeel's amplifier's were only used for t2 glacier farming. They never were good items for ED builds outside of this niche farming setup (which, you're right, was so popular I'm a bit trolling by calling it niche).
Just in case: ED's dot doesn't deal aoe damage, despite the gem having the AOE tag.

- So... I see many people claiming Bane is "better" than ED. Why would they say that? More single target DPS?

Bane is better than ED for levelling, clear speed wise. DPS is better on ED, and late game clearspeed is better with ED once you have enough cast speed to not make the 1-2 playstyle feel awful.
Bane Pop has insane clearspeed tho, but it's a completely different build. It has other downsides of course: it's really squishy, especially on bosses, and need even more investment to get acceptable singletarget. It relies on prophane bloom/obliteration/Herald of ash for clear.
I mean if you play the setup shown here, just 1-1 swap bane and ed, it's literally the same scaling, you can just swap in/out the gems. Can even run both, bane in your chest 6l is perfectly viale, though I prefer (vaal) blight.

- What are for you guys the biggest downsides to this build (in your experience)?

Early league is frustrating. Often I wondered why I was bothering playing a tanky build where just going full damage would be smoother. I actually had very shitty drops in the first 2 weeks (didn't play a lot either, didn't help) of metamorph and ended up on shaper guardians with just a 6l cane and life/resists gear that I mostly had since killing kitava.
Didn't go very well, as you'd expect. Kinda wished I'd have gone pyroclast mines, at that time. But oh well, now I'm glad I have a minmaxed build that's slowly getting to 100 and I'm not afraid to carry random bosses while having 50% xp on my level 99 (ok that's a lie, I fear the moment I'll die. But I didn't yet.).

- No shield charge? I hoped to see it implemented , love the speed.

If you can afford a +4 chestpiece, sure. Otherwise, +4 from the bow is just way to good to pass, the damage feels abysmally low without it. That said, I much prefer the fast movementspeed (phase run for long distances) and "new" instant flamedash to shield charge.
That said, defensively, equipping https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mistwall, shieldcharge+fortify and Cwdt steelskin makes you absolutely unkillable. It's a viable option if you want to sacrifice everything else for even more tankyness.
Just in case, when I say low, I'm taking about really low. I have 3.5M combined dps at the moment in league, if I use mistwall I'm at a solid 800k.
Hello Darkxellmc,

Thank you for your detailed and fast answer.

Always a good sign when someone takes so much care of his guide and the people following it. You answered so many of the questions I was wondering about the last days when thinking of a starter for 3.10...

I think I will go for it, using your guide as a general route as you have really put a lot of effort into it. I really like the detailed leveling section and all your additional explanations <3

Lets wait for patch notes now :)

Have a good day and TY again!

Hey Darkxellmc, great build, thanks for writing it!

I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it, so here it goes:

why not go CI?
"
thalesfc wrote:
Hey Darkxellmc, great build, thanks for writing it!

I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it, so here it goes:

why not go CI?

Are we talking about just ci with a bow, or Maxblock glancing blow CI with ES gain on block?

These are completely different. Glancing blows+rare shield is the more popular approach to CI tricksters, but the damage is really lacking. On a hardcore scenario where you wouldn't want to do t16 maps for some reason it's viable, but otherwise it's just kinda slow. Sure, you can reach 15k es and have insane defences with ED's regen, but we're talking about 600k shaper dps with good gear here. It just takes forever to kill the new bosses with it. Big nope since metamorph imo.

Ci with a bow is interesting. You keep the upsides of using both a bow and having 2 6l setups for good damage, and you also have better ehp, able to reach 12-13k es without too much trouble. But CI lacks the ability to stack dodge chance. Dodge chance allows us to get the most out of ghost shrouds. In normal conditions it takes 4 hits to be hit once and not have shrouds mitigating the hit. With 75% dodge it takes 16 hits on average. Also dodge enables us the use of wind dancer, which is effectively 25% more ehp on endgame bosses. Lastly, you don't need zealot's oath. It's really far from the trickster start, and there's nothing good next to it. We're already starved for points and 3.10 isn't going to improve the situation ^^
So while CI has more EHP on paper, dodge and smoother pathing makes this hybrid version more viable imo, and we have pretty much the same ehp on isolated endgame hits (I can tank shaper slams).
Hi,
I am trying to play this build since long time, however can't kill any serious boss with it.
Small arenas are impossible to manage, elder guardians, even black core boss, are easily oneshotting me on sight.
If mobs dont dodge or block I can kill them easily, ED projectile is slow af and cant pierce.
I am stressed every time I go to arena to face a boss because it takes minutes to kill them or I run out of portals.
Probably I am doing something wrong or its not suitable for my playstyle.
"
Cruonit wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to play this build since long time, however can't kill any serious boss with it.
Small arenas are impossible to manage, elder guardians, even black core boss, are easily oneshotting me on sight.
If mobs dont dodge or block I can kill them easily, ED projectile is slow af and cant pierce.
I am stressed every time I go to arena to face a boss because it takes minutes to kill them or I run out of portals.

Damn, that's a lot of currency spent on poor gear, sorry ^^'
Not gonna lie, you look like you obtained currency in questionnable ways. I don't know how you can have a lvl 19 ED ith a level 4 empower, a 10ex bow with a trash pair of gloves, and a 50ex jewel with gear that shows you don't understand fundamentals of the game yet.

Ok so, first, you need to be rescapped on any build. The game is balanced around you having 75% all elemental resistances. Get 75% allresistances. Anything that deals cold damage currently deals tripple damage to you because you're at 37% cold res. You should aim at 80+ total res on rings, 70+ total res on gloves, boots and amulet, and 90+ on belt. Get 75% to all 3 elemental res, chaos doesn't matter as much.

Then, you have 3600hp with 1800es. This is very very low. You want at LEAST 4k hp and 2k es, that's a bare bare minimum you should have for ~t10 maps. Get at least 60 life fomr rings and amulet (they need to have both life and resistances), 80 on boots, gloves and belt.

Upgrade your jewels. Why are you using emperor's mastery? It's like 50ex, how tf did you obtain this when you don't know how resistances even work? Get a watcher's eye with malevolence DoT multi if you can afford it, and rare jewels with 5-7% life and at least 2 damage stats that affect you.

Get a level 21/20q Essence drain gem, and as soon as your support gems hit level 20, vendor them with a GCP to get 20%quality support gems.
Also, buy a level 21/20 vaal blight, level 14 isn't gonna cut it.

Your belt should be a stygian vise with an abyss jewel with 30+life and onslaught on it, not a heavy belt.

And please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLmzo6pSxo

Peace out...
Hey I was just curious if farming a tab in BA would be able to last me until a hyrri? Assuming I get vertex enlighten / empower and a 6l cane first. (Specifically talking abt league start)
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Cruonit wrote:
Hi,

Damn, that's a lot of currency spent on poor gear, sorry ^^'
Not gonna lie, you look like you obtained currency in questionnable ways. I don't know how you can have a lvl 19 ED ith a level 4 empower, a 10ex bow with a trash pair of gloves, and a 50ex jewel with gear that shows you don't understand fundamentals of the game yet.

Ok so, first, you need to be rescapped on any build. The game is balanced around you having 75% all elemental resistances. Get 75% allresistances. Anything that deals cold damage currently deals tripple damage to you because you're at 37% cold res. You should aim at 80+ total res on rings, 70+ total res on gloves, boots and amulet, and 90+ on belt. Get 75% to all 3 elemental res, chaos doesn't matter as much.

Then, you have 3600hp with 1800es. This is very very low. You want at LEAST 4k hp and 2k es, that's a bare bare minimum you should have for ~t10 maps. Get at least 60 life fomr rings and amulet (they need to have both life and resistances), 80 on boots, gloves and belt.

Upgrade your jewels. Why are you using emperor's mastery? It's like 50ex, how tf did you obtain this when you don't know how resistances even work? Get a watcher's eye with malevolence DoT multi if you can afford it, and rare jewels with 5-7% life and at least 2 damage stats that affect you.

Get a level 21/20q Essence drain gem, and as soon as your support gems hit level 20, vendor them with a GCP to get 20%quality support gems.
Also, buy a level 21/20 vaal blight, level 14 isn't gonna cut it.

Your belt should be a stygian vise with an abyss jewel with 30+life and onslaught on it, not a heavy belt.

And please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLmzo6pSxo

Peace out...

Just saying this is pretty funny to read :D
"
XLIMANIAC wrote:
Hey I was just curious if farming a tab in BA would be able to last me until a hyrri? Assuming I get vertex enlighten / empower and a 6l cane first. (Specifically talking abt league start)

Why would you do that?
Farming a tab in BA sounds really painful, just map instead imo.
I killed sirus with a kintsugi, it's "fine". You mainly want the 6l cane, and that's about 3ex early league. You'll get the money by the time you get to red maps usually...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info