[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Please check out my gear and let me know what I am doing wrong.... I am trying to run with aspect of the spider but then don't have enough mana for discipline. I have a level 4 enlighten support. ty kindly

BTW love the build and enjoy a change from minions.

You have Flesh and Stone. You just need Aspect of Spider or Flesh and Stone.
Great build, complete guide, active and helpful OP! Thanks for this, my 1st 100!
What would you do with this Helm:

It has a open Suffix, so I could craft Aspect of the Spider or Slam a Hunter's Exalted Orb and hope for +#% Intelligence which would increase the Energy Shield by 6% (Max Roll).

"
geh888 wrote:
Great build, complete guide, active and helpful OP! Thanks for this, my 1st 100!

Gratz on your level 100, I have yet to achieve that!
Thanks for the kind words :p

"
redferne90 wrote:
What would you do with this Helm:

It has a open Suffix, so I could craft Aspect of the Spider or Slam a Hunter's Exalted Orb and hope for +#% Intelligence which would increase the Energy Shield by 6% (Max Roll).

Either hunter or crusader, ailment avoidance is pretty good too!
That said, your aspect ring is upgradable. You'd probably get more from upgrading your ring (easy if you free up aspect by crafting on your helm) than trying to go for a GG helm, even if you hit it.
I crafted spider on my helm, imo it's the better choice. Nice chaos res btw ~<3
Dude your guide is AWESOME!
So so much detail especially for someone new like myself.

Can u look at my gear and let me know if I can work on anything?

I know im still kinda low level but i just got to maps last night
"
vhanz1 wrote:
Dude your guide is AWESOME!
So so much detail especially for someone new like myself.

Can u look at my gear and let me know if I can work on anything?

I know im still kinda low level but i just got to maps last night

Thanks! I'm actually surprised, you have good gear for your first league, and you aren't making the most common mistakes I see often on new accounts ^^
Gratz!

Here are a few things tho:

- Use an instant life flask. I personally like bubbling divine of staunching. Concentrated is really mediocre, it's pretty slow, and the health flask should be able to keep us alive where ED's regen can't.
- Vaal blight. You'll benefit from your gloves mod, and it's a large damage boost when you pop it, really good for metamorphs. 21/23 is really cheap now too, for some reason...
- Upgrade your amulet. You have good gear, I do believe you can try to get either 16% chaos multi or +1 int/chaos, it's in your price range. The life/res on it are really good tho. You may even search for a free suffix to craft endurance on it.
- Speaking of endurence, your rings seems to come from another build, I'd gues you were using them on your berzerker. You seem to have a lot of res everywhere, You can probbaly try to get temple rings with res and a free suffix for endurance. 3 charges really make a difference.
- Matatl's dodge on your boots? Idk on this, your current boots are really good tho. 110 res, t1 life and 45% ms, with a QoL freeze mod? not sure I would replace that, but if you're rescapped either way, dodge goes a long way.

Gl hf!
[Edit: duped post removed]
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Feb 13, 2020, 5:43:54 AM
Ok... first. This guide is epic. It's the first build I've ever felt comfortable doing T16s on. I've tried A LOT of builds based on various guides... and they never work as advertised. (For a variety of reasons that I won'get into right now...)

I've never done ANY end game bosses. (And I've been playing for years.)

The way you organised your POBs and gear selection is absolutely sublime. The price point on the builds against my current currency values gave me a clear direction on where I should head.

My build journey...

I took a level 80 assassin and respecced him over to trickster. I then started with some jank items and a 6L staff (they were only 35c). Of course it took like 400 chromes to color. Ha.

Vertex was cheap, and same with Hyyris. (I 5 linked with the prop for like 10c.)
I picked up a witchfire brew and once my res was capped I started mapping.

It was dreamy. I was actually tanky. A build guide that was actually tanky... and had fast movespeed!? WHAT!!!

But I didn't even have endurance charges yet. And T16s were a bit slow... (Some betrayal bosses got away.)

So I was loving the build so much that I actually decided to try and upgrade. (instead of swapping builds.) I had never done any veiled item unlocking but I spent a good day running all the saved up Jun and bought about 15 veiled rins and got my endurance charges.

Wow. Frigging epic.

And then I thought... why not try to make a bow? I've never crafted anything before that was worth more then 1ex. And so I alt spammed! And eventually landed on +24 dex/+1 gems with a short bow. Then I crafted multi-mod, found a dude to craft +2 support, and bam I was in business. (I finished unlocking chaos dot and crafted myself.)

Your crafting guides are god-tier btw.

So now... I've just been trashing so much content it's amazing. I hit awakener level 5 and just unlocked Sirius but I haven't tried him yet. I've got about 5ex now and trying to decide where to go from here.

And the next part I find particularly amazing with your guide and POBs. Your guide enabled the SHIT out of me. It allowed me to theory craft a bit but with structure... so I didn't get lost in the weeds.

So I'm at a crossroads on what to upgrade now. I decide to get your endgame POB and 10ex POB. Endgame is like 1M ED and 10ex is 500k. So I'm like shit... where do I spend my ex? What's the best value. And I decided to reverse engineer your endgame guide down to your 10ex POB guide. And by fuck... it actually worked. There was no strange POB magic operating like you might usually see. I could definitively see where the damage was coming from and how to get there.

Thank you so very much.

And for the record... I figured out the biggest DPS Gains are: Helmet (30ex), bow (10ex), empower (4.5ex), +1 skills gem necklace (5-10ex??), 6 link hyre (infused channeling) (3ex). Awakened gems are small gains for a lot of ex.

Here's my guy if you want to check him out!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/intangible_s/characters?characterName=Kurav_Aerith

p.s. ignore the flasks!!! they are in a very sad shape and I haven't had time to upgrade yet.
Thanks for the feedback! :p

You're right, lot of players stop playing a build at lvl~85 and reroll, but never have much currency to throw at the builds and never do endgame content (which gives much more currency, fo course).
I believe this is mostly because knowing what to upgrade after you are res capped and have the few uniques of a build is really hard, and knowing what to upgrade to progress through endgame requires planning.

The game (especially with 3.9) isn't balanced to be cleared with 40 chaos builds. It's an arpg, there's progression and very few builds actually can clear endgame with "budget setups". Unless it's a necro or a miner, pretty much any toon needs about a 10ex budget to comfortably clear t16 bosses and feel good doing so.
I feel like it's important to detail progression in a build guide, it's what a guide should be for. Anyone can equip 3 uniques and be rescapped with rares on the rest of the gear, but knowing what to upgrade, how and how much it will give you is something even myself struggle with on my own ED character.

You said this build is tanky and fast. Well, that's what I'm going for. The price for this is that the singletarget damage is really subpar, especially with less gear. Builds can be fast, tanky and have singletarget. Pick two. Any build that advertise all 3 is either lying or it's secretly a zombiemancer.

Anyways. Looking forward to when you'll kill sirus now :p
Good luck out there!
Thanks for the build. This is my first league. It is quite comfortable to farm the endgame content, t16 and sirius passed without problems. I think to go to a shaper / elder, do I need to change something in my gear, or can I kill it in the current one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info