[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

Hey, right after the beginning of the league when I made it into maps, i was really disappointed and frustrated with Scourge Arrow. I took ages to take down yellow bosses... some juiced up yellow metamorphs were simply impossible to beat. Bosses took up to 10 minutes lol :D

Also, I died way too often. I was gonna give up the char and reroll something different but not before I invested some small currency to give it one last try.
...and then I kinda reached some threshold i guess, because finally Scourge Arrow started to feel really good. T14, T15, T16 bosses, including conquerors, no problem at all. using ballistas has also changed a lot to the better.

Now i want to push my char even a little further and would like you guys to help my with some thoughts:

1. I start to see Shrapnel Ballista a lot. Not only on poeninja, Also here in this thread. Where have i missed the jump from siege ballista to shrapnel?
Right now im still using Siege Ballista 5link in Embalmer.
But i added Rain of splinters (2 additional totem projectiles)
Is Shrapnel better because we will have 5 projectiles?

2. I have a 6link bow now and could use siege ballista in a 6link.
Is that a big DPS boost, do you all guys do it? The majority on poeninja have their siege ballista still in embalmer on a pseudo 5link.

3. All of you still using stone golem? It doesnt look like my stone golem helps me to survive a lot. Also that little guy keeps getting one shotted anyways. Isnt it better taking a lightning golem for attack speed (9%) ?

4. If you were me, what would be the next best thing to upgrade, just to get a better build experiience in general. The most i struggle with is high life bosses and one shot kills.

5. Would you swap drillneck for something else? have been using it since day 1...

MERRY Xmas Exiles

Greetings

Can anyone take a look at my build? I have 5K HP, 15K evasion, res at 75% (27% chaos) and still get oneshoted at T11 T12 maps
"

Now i want to push my char even a little further and would like you guys to help my with some thoughts:

1. I start to see Shrapnel Ballista a lot. Not only on poeninja, Also here in this thread. Where have i missed the jump from siege ballista to shrapnel?

Is that a big DPS boost, do you all guys do it? The majority on poeninja have their siege ballista still in embalmer on a pseudo 5link.

3. All of you still using stone golem? It doesnt look like my stone golem helps me to survive a lot. Also that little guy keeps getting one shotted anyways. Isnt it better taking a lightning golem for attack speed (9%) ?

4. If you were me, what would be the next best thing to upgrade, just to get a better build experiience in general. The most i struggle with is high life bosses and one shot kills.

5. Would you swap drillneck for something else? have been using it since day 1...

Question, do you see a major increase in dps and the speed of wither stacks being applied by using ballistas? I'm currently using spell totem + multiple totem + wither + faster casting and I'm wondering if I should swap over.

Also I've been using Fenumus' weave instead of the embalmer. I highly recommend using this instead of embalmer, the 22 poison duration gets eclipsed by everything aspect of the spider provides.

I would try to get flat chaos damage on your rare ring and amulet, those provided me with a big boost.

Awakened Added Chaos Damage support is a MASSIVE increase. Use it.

Awakened Deadly Ailment Support and unbound ailments are very good too. but If you had to prioritize, definitely get awakened added chaos.

After that you should be getting the +1 spore pod at maximum charges enchant.
Last edited by M1ndK1ller on Dec 24, 2019, 9:53:56 AM
"
M1ndK1ller wrote:

Question, do you see a major increase in dps and the speed of wither stacks being applied by using ballistas? I'm currently using spell totem + multiple totem + wither + faster casting and I'm wondering if I should swap over.

hey thanks for your reply. will put it on my list and check out after work.
and yes, going to ballistas from totems was INSANE. didnt expect this at all.
i got so used to them, they kill every boss for me. its so nice as you spam these things and drop some scourge arrow and they all together take care of every boss. also i added Rain of splinters jewel (very cheap and getting quite trendy) ((50-30)% reduced Totem Damage, Totems fire 2 additional Projectiles). 3 Ballistas spamming 3 arrows each, you can imagine how much trouble they take away from you.
"
hnlyhyb wrote:
Hi, thanks to the nice guide, and I have a question about gem links. Since I'm too lazy to use totems, so I just picked ritual of shadows(glorious vanity) to inflict withered. Then I have some free sockets now, I tried 21/23 stone golem with all useful support gems for defence, it still dies a lot, again i'm too lazy to resummoner. Now i'm considering links Herald of Agony for offence, any other good suggestion for lazy people like me? No matter defence or offence, thanks.

Well, one of the options that provides a lot of defense is to simply run Kaom's Heart and move 6 link to bow. Also, you can do Holy Relic + culling strike setup, I noticed that Holy Relic dies a lot less than golem because it stays near you more often.

"
markuskanada wrote:
Hey, right after the beginning of the league when I made it into maps, i was really disappointed and frustrated with Scourge Arrow. I took ages to take down yellow bosses... some juiced up yellow metamorphs were simply impossible to beat. Bosses took up to 10 minutes lol :D

Also, I died way too often. I was gonna give up the char and reroll something different but not before I invested some small currency to give it one last try.
...and then I kinda reached some threshold i guess, because finally Scourge Arrow started to feel really good. T14, T15, T16 bosses, including conquerors, no problem at all. using ballistas has also changed a lot to the better.

MERRY Xmas Exiles

Greetings

1. Shrapnel ballista simply does more damage and applies withered stacks faster, the downside is that you need to place it right next to boss to be effective, compared to siege ballista what is effective if its somwhere on the screen. I recommend Siege Ballista over Shrapnel for exactly this reason, its more beginner friendly and less maintienance. I am personally using Shrapnel over Siege atm, I will probably add section about it to end game optimization

2. Yeah, 6 link almost doubles your ballista DPS, its def worth it if you can get that second 6l.

3. Im not, Stone Golem is best early, but it falls off later. I just replaced it with Vaal Grace.

4. Probably boots and ring

"
PrimeSocK wrote:
Can anyone take a look at my build? I have 5K HP, 15K evasion, res at 75% (27% chaos) and still get oneshoted at T11 T12 maps

I would probs start with getting source of blind on your abyss jewel if you dont have any (I did not saw it on your char). It makes pretty big difference. But for one shots, the best thing to do is simply to get more HP. 5k is pretty low at your level.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/

is this worth using and if so what should i craft onto it? do people still think boots like this are better than spell dodge boots?
So is the only way to get poison prolif the Coralito's Signature flask?

Or is that just for leveling until we get it elsewhere?

I only ask because I'm bad at keeping flasks up lol
Last edited by Windfuriouss on Dec 24, 2019, 11:37:30 AM
Current gear as follows:
Spoiler

6.4k life, one minimum endurance charge.
Obviously using divine flesh. Sitting at 85% chaos res without the double chaos resist passive.
Helm and belt are just placeholders for the moment - will work on those later.
I'm currently debating replacing drillneck with a maloney's mechanism, which i'd probably put frenzy + blind + cull.

A rare GG quiver may be better, but they cost a hell of a lot more than 8ex.

Any advice I have for this build would be to focus on survivability, because this is definitely a 'stay alive' league and as soon as morphs spawn adds, you just prolif the adds back onto the boss and insta-kill.

Ballistas are insane for ST. A lot seem to be using the +2 proj/30% less jewel but unless you spec for extra totems, I don't think it's mandatory.

Just a side note: movement speed on cinderswallow doesn't matter - it doesn't stack with your quicksilver. I see many people linking gear without any source of fire damage for igniting - don't be that guy that invests in a 10+ex build and doesn't understand how it works!
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
Last edited by braddaman on Dec 24, 2019, 11:55:15 AM
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

prolif is from ascendancy. coralito's is there for poison chance, duration and damage.
"
tempest420 wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

prolif is from ascendancy. coralito's is there for poison chance, duration and damage.

However, the prolif is only during flask effect. That's why I'm asking if there is another way to prolif it without having to be done during a flask effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info