[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
thenvisible wrote:
Hey mate, sorry if this question is not the first one...but what do i have to prefer for annointments on my necklace?

is there any big dps push or really nice toughness stuff what i should take ?
At the moment i am at silence steps ( i play with pandemonius )
but i think there are much better options.
maybe some sword keynotes ?

Heart of Ice.
noot noot
I have a small question. Can u give me spme tips with dual cospri? Main hand and off-hand what should i link for them. I want more powerfull
I'm about to switch my assassin over to this build, and I'm wondering if you had any recommendations between the different trees based on feedback you've gotten for this patch?

Budget isn't too much of a concern (probably have around 15ex to work with before selling my current gear.) Mostly just looking to run blighted maps, uber elder, and elder maps.

Do you think the current OG build needs any revisions or it's still current and what you'd recommend as far as that tree/equipment goes?
I swapped my assassin to a version of this build, and I love it so far. One of the most fun builds I've ever played!

I'm a little confused about the mechanics of the cast on crit trigger stuff. Currently, I'm using two cospris:

I want to use either a frost bomb or frostbite skill to curse on them but I'm wondering if, by slotting one on, I'm gimping my dps by proccing frostbite instead of frost bolt. Should I only be triggering 1 skill per sword?
Frost Bolt - Hypothermia - Life Leech (Or Elemental Focus)

Ice Nova - Hypothermia/Elemental Focus - Concentrated Focus
noot noot
"
BigBlappa wrote:
I'm about to switch my assassin over to this build, and I'm wondering if you had any recommendations between the different trees based on feedback you've gotten for this patch?

Budget isn't too much of a concern (probably have around 15ex to work with before selling my current gear.) Mostly just looking to run blighted maps, uber elder, and elder maps.

Do you think the current OG build needs any revisions or it's still current and what you'd recommend as far as that tree/equipment goes?

Uh if you don't want to spend to much you could try an Acrobatics version, it's honestly the best budget option defensively. I used to not take acrobatics because it wasn't worth the pathing but with Mistwalker stacking dodge just makes it very worthwhile. Gems are more or less the same, dual wield is pretty good now.

noot noot
"
IFollowYou wrote:
I swapped my assassin to a version of this build, and I love it so far. One of the most fun builds I've ever played!

I'm a little confused about the mechanics of the cast on crit trigger stuff. Currently, I'm using two cospris:

I want to use either a frost bomb or frostbite skill to curse on them but I'm wondering if, by slotting one on, I'm gimping my dps by proccing frostbite instead of frost bolt. Should I only be triggering 1 skill per sword?

Well for optimal DPS dropping one free damage link isn't worth it even with Frostbite applying to everything. You could try using Frostbite and Frost bomb one one weapon and Frostbolt in the other.

The thing about Cospri that people don't get is it only triggers ONE spell per attack WITH THAT WEAPON. So socketing two gems in one Cospri is a significant damage nerf (you proc half as much and both gems are only supported by one damage support as opposed to two). That being said you could use one Cospri's Malice to proc Forstbite and Frost Bomb because they're duration buffs apply for a decent amount of time (so you don't care how frequently they cast within reason). And Frostbolt in your other Cospri. Ultimately it's up to you. I'm fairly certain that damage is optimal with Frostbolt in one and Ice Nova in the other though.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
IFollowYou wrote:

Well for optimal DPS dropping one free damage link isn't worth it even with Frostbite applying to everything. You could try using Frostbite and Frost bomb one one weapon and Frostbolt in the other.

The thing about Cospri that people don't get is it only triggers ONE spell per attack WITH THAT WEAPON. So socketing two gems in one Cospri is a significant damage nerf (you proc half as much and both gems are only supported by one damage support as opposed to two). That being said you could use one Cospri's Malice to proc Forstbite and Frost Bomb because they're duration buffs apply for a decent amount of time (so you don't care how frequently they cast within reason). And Frostbolt in your other Cospri. Ultimately it's up to you. I'm fairly certain that damage is optimal with Frostbolt in one and Ice Nova in the other though.

Thanks. This was my original assumption too but now I'm wondering about it. Since Ice Nova can only proc on 2 frostbolts per cast and I'm supporting frost bolt with GMP, doesn't that mean that every cast of frost bolt produces leftover projectiles that can be used to further support Ice Novas?
"
IFollowYou wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
IFollowYou wrote:

Thanks. This was my original assumption too but now I'm wondering about it. Since Ice Nova can only proc on 2 frostbolts per cast and I'm supporting frost bolt with GMP, doesn't that mean that every cast of frost bolt produces leftover projectiles that can be used to further support Ice Novas?

Oh I just noticed your links are weird. Ok so Ice Nova is your best damage skill so you should always support it with 2 supports in your swords. Whatever you do with the other sword is up to you. Technically because your Frostbolts don't travel too far even if you skip a cast or two you could feasibly link. Life Leech instead of GMP, then support your Ice Nova with 2 damage supports. You should ALWAYS use Frozen Trail unless you have an additional projectile corrupt btw so drop GMP entirely.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Oct 7, 2019, 12:06:23 PM
I have a question:

You suggest getting poachers mark on an elder ring, in order to drop Lycostidae. How would you deal with the frenzy charge generation and the attack speed messing with your coc benchmarks? vs a boss my APS stay where i need them to but during mapping since I get 3 frenzy charges my APS go above the 7.5 threshold.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info