Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

I admittedly have not read all 67 pages, but man that manifesto is a buzzkill. After losing interest halfway through Betrayal I fell for the hype and came back for Synthesis. My initial hype was crushed within a week, even the flashback didn't hold my attention long enough to hit maps. It's just so jarring to constantly stop what you are doing to go empty a bar, just to get back to what you were doing. Enter the legion video - HYPE! Finally, a league that isn't so cumbersome you need a PhD to play it. Finally, straightforward and fun looking mechanics. And now...this. Did you guys intern at Blizzard over the holidays? Reminds me of the old WoW slogan - "Fun was detected and eliminated"

TLDR - we aren't all streamers, we don't all have 234312342 hours to play every season. Stop nerfing the few builds that ordinary people can use to actually see something past T5 maps.
Well multistrike is a lot more user friendly now. Other than that lots and lots of nerfs in that list. I suppose we'll get the attack skill buffs list later.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
darkpoetcc wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
3.7.0 includes a huge number of changes to Melee balance, as well as other gameplay systems.

Changes to powerful skills
We've decided that Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane and Soulrend were too powerful for clearing through content without heavy investment, so the damage and other aspects have been reduced in power.

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment.

All I read here is "Welp, at leat streamers, top-tier players, and people who can game over 40+ hours each week are unaffected, guys!" Every time there is a nerf, it is the normal-skilled and less-frequent players who are screwed over; never the top-tier or the people who have the pleasure of gaming massive amounts. So...thanks for that. A game I am slowly coming to enjoy less and less often is yet again planning out a lack-luster experience for players like me. God forbid I have a job and responsibilities that preclude my playing games all day, every day.

This past league might end up being the last league I played. In the limited time I get to play, I progress, on the whole, very little, because I am not there at the beginning. Those of us with lives and jobs outside of gaming are screwed from the very start of the league, and the disparity gets worse as every day goes by. The people who flourish, and the people that you always cater to, are the people who only have the responsibility or privilege of playing the game 24/7/365. Playing in a trading league is barely different, in these scenarios, from playing SSF.

Thanks, GGG -- I love being shown that those of us who have less time do not matter to you. I spend a decent bit every quarter trying to support your game, and giving you my faith: I could be buying games that are meaningful to people with limited time outside of some weekends.

Is this really how I, and those like me, are repaid? Nothing but nerfs that only screw over the players who care about having somewhat stronger skills, those which do not require so much "heavy investment", because of the limitations we face in finding playtime?

Grazi!

Wait a few hours to see the numbers. Honestly, if most OP builds lose half their damage, they'll still be totally fine.

And if you play builds that need moderate investment, you'll be fine. The sky is not falling.
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
"
deimudda69 wrote:
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
Why not wait until then to DISCUSS the changes, instead of just hurling hate and frustration for basically just a piece of information with no figures to back it up ?

Wait for what? Numbers?

They write in the manifesto that it will be nerfed wide board, so you need exact numbers to discuss that it got nerfed?

Dat logic.

Where's the logic in spitting on GGG for a nerf that we know nothing about ?

oh yea,we dont know anything about
"
Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks

so we need magical numbers to know this,right ? do you have some sort of brain malfunction ? because what you just said make no sense.
Last edited by Nibelton on Jun 4, 2019, 6:26:53 PM
"
Wuffell wrote:
Honestly, if most OP builds lose half their damage, they'll still be totally fine.

And if you play builds that need moderate investment, you'll be fine. The sky is not falling.
Huh? After "moderate" investment in bane build, one of the skills that are on the chopping block, you have less clear speed than average tornado shot mf-er and your boss killing capability is abysmal. You'd have to heavily invest into multicrafted weapon, preferably some +5 bow or so to see any decent damage with bane.

And good luck with that with synthesis out of the window. Tbh that's for the better, power creep from synthesized items was immense, same thing with these top end 500 ES boots / helmets. Majority of people didn't have access to these top end items ofc, for obvious reasons.

It was nowhere close to the often demonstrated on streams winter orb a.k.a. lol I shattered 3 screens worth of mobs with my herald of ice.

It was a strong levelling skill same as storm brand, but seriously they could nerf the starting damage at low gem ranks but up the scaling, it's really no fun end up with 300k dps after "moderate investment" while people ran around with 1,5mil+ with half that investment with other "meta" skills.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 4, 2019, 6:43:46 PM
"
Nibelton wrote:

oh yea,we dont know anything about
"
Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks

so we need magical numbers to know this,right ? do you have some sort of brain malfunction ? because what you just said make no sense.

"
ZackDenTV wrote:

Where's the logic in spitting on GGG for a nerf that we know nothing about ?

It's a nerf. Yes. how big ? No clue.
Except for stuff like Proliferation on Beacon of Ruin for the Elementalist and that kind of information, we have no idea how ES is being changed, how rarer powerful uniques are going to be.

I mean if ES goes from say +20 down to +18 or say Headhunter drop rate goes from 0.001% down to 0.00095% (just random numbers here), nothing to really go ape about it.

[Removed by Support]

That kind of information as in information that doesn't need numbers except 1 (exists) or 0 (doesn't exist). Feel me ?

Brain malfunction ? If expecting people to understand a simple statement is a malfuncion then yeah.

What's yours though ? Because you literally needed to read ONE more sentence to understand the "we know nothing about" part...
Warlord’s Mark nerf is part of "that kind of information" where numbers are irrelevant.
We still need the numbers to see how hard the quantifiable aspects have been changed (ES, drop rate etc)

Makes sense now ?
Last edited by ZackDenTV on Jun 4, 2019, 6:46:24 PM
Fun was detected and eliminated.

Seriously, the game wasn't easy to play and required severe investments in both time and resourses to start playing it's endgame content properly. For me, it took more than 2 months to do so.
Now they say they've made it even harder by all fronts. To what end? The league runs for 3 months, so if I can't reach the endgame content, what's the point?
Just chanced headhunter, bullet dodged, SSF btw
Are the guys complalining even serious?

The game itself is a joke to play. Yes, you get oneshoted here and there and thats probably why you dont play HC, but complaining about not beeing able to go past t5 maps and similar lines is just ridiculous.

The OP builds will still be OP. You just dont oneshot everything and the hardest bosses will not take one minute to kill but maybe two, but thats it?

If you dont want to play the meta then dont but dont be jelous at ppl that do.

If you think the game is too hard for you then dont play it but I dont know what games you are going to play.

PS: in my oppinion nerfing casters is justified and nerfing the damage by forcing you into mana sustain is fine way of doing it imho.

Hop
"
darkpoetcc wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
3.7.0 includes a huge number of changes to Melee balance, as well as other gameplay systems.

Changes to powerful skills
We've decided that Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane and Soulrend were too powerful for clearing through content without heavy investment, so the damage and other aspects have been reduced in power.

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment.

All I read here is "Welp, at leat streamers, top-tier players, and people who can game over 40+ hours each week are unaffected, guys!" Every time there is a nerf, it is the normal-skilled and less-frequent players who are screwed over; never the top-tier or the people who have the pleasure of gaming massive amounts. So...thanks for that. A game I am slowly coming to enjoy less and less often is yet again planning out a lack-luster experience for players like me. God forbid I have a job and responsibilities that preclude my playing games all day, every day.

This past league might end up being the last league I played. In the limited time I get to play, I progress, on the whole, very little, because I am not there at the beginning. Those of us with lives and jobs outside of gaming are screwed from the very start of the league, and the disparity gets worse as every day goes by. The people who flourish, and the people that you always cater to, are the people who only have the responsibility or privilege of playing the game 24/7/365. Playing in a trading league is barely different, in these scenarios, from playing SSF.

Thanks, GGG -- I love being shown that those of us who have less time do not matter to you. I spend a decent bit every quarter trying to support your game, and giving you my faith: I could be buying games that are meaningful to people with limited time outside of some weekends.

Is this really how I, and those like me, are repaid? Nothing but nerfs that only screw over the players who care about having somewhat stronger skills, those which do not require so much "heavy investment", because of the limitations we face in finding playtime?

Grazi!

This is probably why Diablo 3 still has players. People who are time-limited just jump on and enjoy the game.

I'm sure you can do that with PoE still, but it does take a while, and I sympathize with you, I really do.

On the other hand, game life is much different as adults compared to when we were kids. It's terrible and I wish I could go back, but we can't unless we obtain good RNG in real life
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Jun 4, 2019, 7:01:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info