Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

These nerfs hit my Legion plans squarely in the center... but I'll still go ahead with them, I'm certain I can make it work. I don't mind if my build ends up being 15% less OP than otherwise.

Sort of understand standard players being upset though.
Wow... i was so hyped for this new expansion... and now I'm not. So many nerfs. Way to go GGG...
"
_Renji_ wrote:
THANK YOU GGG, PERFECT CHANGES! Don't listen to all the crybabies because their OP builds got nerfed. The only thing I'm kinda disappointed is no bleed/poison buff, but apart from that PERFECT. Keep up the good work!

[etc]

Still waiting to hear how a build that can do normal Atziri and yellow Elder okay and still gets one-shot by Uber Izaro half the time is "OP"....
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
shahdid wrote:
Once again, something gets nerfed because some 0,1% top of elite players are able to crank it up to 11. Yes, nerf ES and Occultist because it was too easy for some players and make it unplayable for the majority. Great. Why did you buff casters in the past league then?

I really don't get this. Even with 9k ES you could still get one-shot anyway. -.-

I agree with you. I bet they've looked at items showcase on Reddit. Few people crafted items way above their expectations. So time to nerf doesn't matter that the cost of this craft was 500 exalted orbs and quadrillion fossils... For average players, those items are out of reach. But hey let's nerf it just to make sure 99,999...% players won't reach that ever!
Pardon My English.
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:
"
_Renji_ wrote:
THANK YOU GGG, PERFECT CHANGES! Don't listen to all the crybabies because their OP builds got nerfed. The only thing I'm kinda disappointed is no bleed/poison buff, but apart from that PERFECT. Keep up the good work!

[etc]

Still waiting to hear how a build that can do normal Atziri and yellow Elder okay and still gets one-shot by Uber Izaro half the time is "OP"....

get phys dmg reduction or dodge izaro's telegraphed slams.
running around with 5% phys dmg reduction and acrobatics should get you 1 shot, and it is deserved.

Atziri and elder don't do big phys hits, or phys hits can be avoided easily.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2495490
[double post]
Last edited by kentrylix on Jan 18, 2020, 2:37:18 PM
"
E_Zann wrote:
nerf the acquisition of crazy ES gear that makes 20k ES possible, dont nerf the tree which destroys ES for normal players....

The tree wasnt the problem, was it? Look how many life nodes there are on the tree in comparison... it was the stupid gear.

This. Seriously.

If 15k-20k ES players are such a problem...why not just apply a diminishing returns scaling factor to ES over, say, 9-10k?
MORE then excited! Way to go GGG
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
3.7.0 includes a huge number of changes to Melee balance, as well as other gameplay systems.

Changes to powerful skills
We've decided that Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane and Soulrend were too powerful for clearing through content without heavy investment, so the damage and other aspects have been reduced in power.

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment.

All I read here is "Welp, at leat streamers, top-tier players, and people who can game over 40+ hours each week are unaffected, guys!" Every time there is a nerf, it is the normal-skilled and less-frequent players who are screwed over; never the top-tier or the people who have the pleasure of gaming massive amounts. So...thanks for that. A game I am slowly coming to enjoy less and less often is yet again planning out a lack-luster experience for players like me. God forbid I have a job and responsibilities that preclude my playing games all day, every day.

This past league might end up being the last league I played. In the limited time I get to play, I progress, on the whole, very little, because I am not there at the beginning. Those of us with lives and jobs outside of gaming are screwed from the very start of the league, and the disparity gets worse as every day goes by. The people who flourish, and the people that you always cater to, are the people who only have the responsibility or privilege of playing the game 24/7/365. Playing in a trading league is barely different, in these scenarios, from playing SSF.

Thanks, GGG -- I love being shown that those of us who have less time do not matter to you. I spend a decent bit every quarter trying to support your game, and giving you my faith: I could be buying games that are meaningful to people with limited time outside of some weekends.

Is this really how I, and those like me, are repaid? Nothing but nerfs that only screw over the players who care about having somewhat stronger skills, those which do not require so much "heavy investment", because of the limitations we face in finding playtime?

Grazi!
"
Friagram wrote:
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:
"
_Renji_ wrote:

[etc]

get phys dmg reduction or dodge izaro's telegraphed slams.
running around with 5% phys dmg reduction and acrobatics should get you 1 shot, and it is deserved.

Atziri and elder don't do big phys hits, or phys hits can be avoided easily.

That may be good advice but is pretty much the opposite of supporting the claim that the build in question (never mentioned acrobatics....?) is OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info