Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

Headhunter?
I've never seen that item before. Did they just add that?
/s
This is too much changing, holy crap. I want poe 2.0 back, maybe create Poe classic like wow or lineage 2 ^^ Good things never change. Sorry i think i am out in legion. Sorry.
Last edited by greezly2 on Jun 4, 2019, 4:53:58 PM
Do not like the changes to warlords mark, it is not easy to get enough mana regen for spellcasters for high cast speed and 6l.

Bad days for self casters :-(

IMHO its not balanced next league everyone will play melee...
Last edited by Sithrarin on Jun 4, 2019, 4:55:19 PM
Some nerf were needed.. but damn you pushed it too far this time..
First time poster here and I seriously doubt GGG reads any of these but here's my take. They have gone the ancient route of 'panic and nerf'. Either they don't actually play the game or they just look at major builds and destroy them in order to give weaker builds a chance. I will provide an example;

You see two cakes. One cake is absolutely delicious looking and everyone recommends it while the other cake is horrible and obviously not cooked correctly. Everyone goes for the nice delicious cake and everyone else ignores the nasty one.

There is a reason people ignore it. Everyone is enjoying the delicious cake until the chef (GGG) comes out and sees his finest work getting all the attention while his most terrible work is getting none. So the Chef decides he is going to make the delicious cake JUST AS BAD as the terrible one. Now we are left only with terrible options. Instead of doing this, which is just about as bad of a business decision as humanly possible they should have made the terrible cake 'just as good'. It astounds me when companies do things like this. They don't seem to understand they can put more thought and effort into making other builds better but instead we are left with bad options and a lot of wasted time and energy. GGG is probably aware of this but it's become a commonplace business practice to ignore the potential in making worthless builds good and just destroying what everyone is already having fun with.

If anyone from the Dev team reads this, (they won't) please inform your balance department that of all the options they could have selected they chose the one that would anger the bulk of their players and render useless all the amazing work people had put into their characters.

You had other options, better options but you guys chose the lazy chef route knowing that people were still going to have to eat the bad cake.
I think there's a lot of good changes here, necessary ones for the game.

You all need to remember that no numbers have been added, so don't cry over spilled ES. ES was better than life for less investment, so toning it down a bit is fine.

@GGG: The only change I'm shocked by is the warlord's mark change. I think the mana comment is fair, but it's much harder to get spell life leech. To counter this, maybe add some sources of damage leeched as life for spells? Or have a node where spell leech counts for life instead of energy shield, and put that keystone out of the way so people need to work for it.

@GGG: Aonther suggestion is to either have a balance manifesto with numbers, (like saying there's a 20% ES nerf for those nodes, 25% less damage for herald of agony etc) or don't have the manifesto. It just riles people up too much. The multistrike comment here is a great example, where the text makes it uncertain if it's a buff or a nerf. To me it sounds like a buff, but many think it's a major nerf.
Sadge.
Last edited by AntsGod on Sep 5, 2022, 1:21:46 AM
"

If anyone from the Dev team reads this, (they won't) please inform your balance department that of all the options they could have selected they chose the one that would anger the bulk of their players and render useless all the amazing work people had put into their characters.

I sincerely doubt they have angered the bulk of their players given that the player-count numbers in the hundreds of thousands. Those who are most displeased will always shout the loudest and even if we assume every poster in this thread is displeased (which most of them are) that is still but a minuscule fraction of the player-base. Very few people who are happy or content with the changes will bother but to comment but those who are livid about them most certainly will, don't let this fool you into thinking everyone is frothing at the mouth with fury like many of those in this thread, it's just not the case.
"
Wuffell wrote:
You all need to remember that no numbers have been added, so don't cry over spilled ES. ES was better than life for less investment, so toning it down a bit is fine.
Only problem with ES vs life is that ES is not compatible with either MoM or Acro / Phase Acro, also you don't have options to reserve 100% mana and go Devouring Diadem, you can potentially reserve more stuff if you go lowlife but that's behind an expensive item and if you played let's say ES Inquis not Occultist, you also probably wanted antistun item (expensive too), so it's not exactly "low investment", and still doesn't change the fact you can't go dodge or MoM.

"

You see two cakes. One cake is absolutely delicious looking and everyone recommends it while the other cake is horrible and obviously not cooked correctly. Everyone goes for the nice delicious cake and everyone else ignores the nasty one.

There is a reason people ignore it. Everyone is enjoying the delicious cake until the chef (GGG) comes out and sees his finest work getting all the attention while his most terrible work is getting none. So the Chef decides he is going to make the delicious cake JUST AS BAD as the terrible one. Now we are left only with terrible options. Instead of doing this, which is just about as bad of a business decision as humanly possible they should have made the terrible cake 'just as good'. It astounds me when companies do things like this. They don't seem to understand they can put more thought and effort into making other builds better but instead we are left with bad options and a lot of wasted time and energy. GGG is probably aware of this but it's become a commonplace business practice to ignore the potential in making worthless builds good and just destroying what everyone is already having fun with.
Well it's kinda... "Hey Cake X is great cake Y is bad, make cake Y great again!" Sure! Buff Berserker, Slayer, etc. Community happy! "Oh btw we made Cake Y great and we also nerfed cake X are you happy?"

The balance is still off, just the other swing of pendulum. There are happy people (those whose favourite playstyle just got 180 degree turn around and those easily bored with same spec wanting wide balance swings), and then there are people who just wanna play their favourite spec like aurabot, HOA or elementalist... It's typical revenge balancing, as if we didn't see enough nerfs to elementalist after arc got dumpstered.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 4, 2019, 5:34:18 PM
Once again, something gets nerfed because some 0,1% top of elite players are able to crank it up to 11. Yes, nerf ES and Occultist because it was too easy for some players and make it unplayable for the majority. Great. Why did you buff casters in the past league then?

I really don't get this. Even with 9k ES you could still get one-shot anyway. -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info