Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

well, life based casters are dead now ?
Excuse me?

Spoiler
Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

Foff
"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
66 pages of hate and just plain crying over a manifesto.

Even if they said they're changing this or that, we still don't know how big the change is until we get the Legion patch notes tomorrow.

Why not wait until then to DISCUSS the changes, instead of just hurling hate and frustration for basically just a piece of information with no figures to back it up ?

That's just sad, chill guys...
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
Why not wait until then to DISCUSS the changes, instead of just hurling hate and frustration for basically just a piece of information with no figures to back it up ?

Wait for what? Numbers?

They write in the manifesto that it will be nerfed wide board, so you need exact numbers to discuss that it got nerfed?

Dat logic.
90 % of all players will never talk or write if there is buff or nerf.
"
Norodian wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

For fuck sake, what was wrong with storm brand?
Even with high investment it was hard to kill uber elder.

You are joking right?

Well, I'm not. Pardon me, I'm not streamer-like pro with 16-years old reflexes.
So even with 10k ES occultist and 700-800k dps per brand — sometimes I die. And DPS-wise storm brand was low-tier single target skill. Now they nerf it even more for no particular reason (4% of players is "fine" state as I see it).
Thank you guys very much for keeping the game fresh. I really hope u get enough positive feedback between this crazy complaining army. I am sure the nerfs will turn out just fine :)
"
deimudda69 wrote:
"
ZackDenTV wrote:

Wait for what? Numbers?

They write in the manifesto that it will be nerfed wide board, so you need exact numbers to discuss that it got nerfed?

Dat logic.

Where's the logic in spitting on GGG for a nerf that we know nothing about ?

It's a nerf. Yes. how big ? No clue.
Except for stuff lke Proliferation on Beacon of Ruin for the Elementalist and that kind of information, we have no idea how ES is being changed, how rarer powerful uniques are going to be.

I mean if ES goes from say +20 down to +18 or say Headhunter drop rate goes from 0.001% down to 0.00095% (just random numbers here), nothing to really go ape about it.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Jun 4, 2019, 4:46:34 PM
Why would you nerf an item that already takes over a thousand hours to obtain? Unless I just don't know how to play this game right, acquiring a headhunter before these nerfs took a minimum a few hundred hours of gameplay. For an experienced player, it may take all league to get one, now it will be how much harder? The item already goes for over 60ex in leagues without nemesis. The one item that was already exclusive to the 1% is now exclusive to the .01%. I don't think that is a good call.

Headhunter was one of those items that when you acquire, you basically beat the game. It isn't even that good anyway and only sees any sort of affect in max invested maps. If it is worth double now, it simply won't be worth getting anymore.
Nerfs are fine and well justified.

The Blood magic aura "Aura nodes"... come on they're literally at the bottom left of the tree.

Warlord's Mark... use a mana flask

Herald of Agony... could use any class with little investment in damage and kill all content in the game

Winter Orb... BV but without any downsides

Elementalist shock.. still there just not as HUGE a more multiplier.. prolif meh
Trickster's Ghost Dance... still fine
Occultist notable... nerfed but still available and now can pick another node for more damage

Except the tree energy shield nodes.. The problem with the huge energy shield numbers wasn't the passive nodes, just the dense fossil crafting & betrayal quality from crafting bench.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info