Qiox wrote:
Here is the official announcement trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs

Disgusting elephant :).
Here's the first Baldur's Gate 3 Newsletter update from Larian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4v6hC_rjM&feature=youtu.be
"
aggromagnet wrote:

That's mostly my feelings on it, though I do have to say Sin 2 was way more solid than Sin 1 (including in writing). But Larian's overall approach, sensibilites, and style are quite different from Black Isle/Obsidian.

Never played sin 2, because I thought sin 1 was shit. Sin 1 was mind numbing for me, there was way too much pointless dialogue, every NPC had wall, after wall, after wall of text. The lore in the game is supposed to engross me, and to me it was uninteresting and boring. They'd have been better off making Sin 1 a dungeon crawler with little to no story, because I'd have actually liked the game better.

Back to Pillars of Eternity. I remember breaking in this house to steal some stuff, and the maid caught me. I was given the dialogue option to KO her before she could call the guards, and I did so, and it was absolutely hilarious! The "smack" noise along with the oooooooh. Top kek!! My team of patriarchal thieves, cutthroats and brigands then proceeded to fist-bump each other (Nice hit, bro!!), before rolling the place over. I don't have to be a bastion of humanity. I can be a total d-bag, and the game rewards me for it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 13, 2019, 3:16:31 PM
expectations are low as fuck for this

at least it's not made by bioware
"
grepman wrote:

Why? Sins 2 was amazing, and by all accounts the close working relationship with D&D team seems like this will be cant miss.

Even the smallest bits about the Ranger changes look awesome.

My expectations are very high.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Why? Sins 2 was amazing, and by all accounts the close working relationship with D&D team seems like this will be cant miss.

you ready for my long rant ?
leggo !

I'm not a fan of crpgs that are pre-tailored for co-op play.

Divinity series was Larian's series, so I was ok with them designing their series as they see fit.

With BG3, this is not the case. They are taking an existing IP.

fuck co-op as core design pillar. I want pure single player experience with co-op as a throw-in. not the other way around.

Even the thought of perverting a world-renowned ip to have co-op play like in D:OS is vomit-inducing to me.

"Baldur's Gate 3 is based on the fifth edition D&D ruleset, which Wizards of the Coast designed to make the game more accessible to new people"

you see the bolded ? yes, I rage hard when I read shit like that. 'accessibility for new people' can eat shit and die ASAP for all I care

5E is streamlined 3.5E

and of course, this nonsense that stems from it:
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/955153201434525696

Larian has done essentially one series and that is off divine divinity. BG has its own lore and its own style. D:OS quirks and zaniness doesnt translate to that world

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, at least it's Larian and not Bioware. But expectations are very low. After the Planescape disaster, for which I had low expectations and it was worse than my expectations, not expecting shit.
"
grepman wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

you ready for my long rant ?
leggo !

I'm not a fan of crpgs that are pre-tailored for co-op play.

Divinity series was Larian's series, so I was ok with them designing their series as they see fit.

With BG3, this is not the case. They are taking an existing IP.

fuck co-op as core design pillar. I want pure single player experience with co-op as a throw-in. not the other way around.

Even the thought of perverting a world-renowned ip to have co-op play like in D:OS is vomit-inducing to me.

"Baldur's Gate 3 is based on the fifth edition D&D ruleset, which Wizards of the Coast designed to make the game more accessible to new people"

you see the bolded ? yes, I rage hard when I read shit like that. 'accessibility for new people' can eat shit and die ASAP for all I care

5E is streamlined 3.5E

and of course, this nonsense that stems from it:
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/955153201434525696

Larian has done essentially one series and that is off divine divinity. BG has its own lore and its own style. D:OS quirks and zaniness doesnt translate to that world

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, at least it's Larian and not Bioware. But expectations are very low. After the Planescape disaster, for which I had low expectations and it was worse than my expectations, not expecting shit.

Well that's certainly not the vibe I'm getting reading the joint interviews with the Wizards and Larian teams. But you can have your opinion.

If your expectations are indeed low as fuck, the I suppose it doesnt even matter what they release.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Well that's certainly not the vibe I'm getting reading the joint interviews with the Wizards and Larian teams. But you can have your opinion.

If your expectations are indeed low as fuck, the I suppose it doesnt even matter what they release.

you asked why, and I answered. it's pretty simple, really. the quote was in regard to 5E edition ruleset of D&D, which is what they're using for the game.

I don't understand your second statement. I dont expect shit from pretty much any modern game. the only game that I was moderately excited for was disco elysium, and I dont know if thats even coming out at all.

if BG3 ends up a good game, I will be pretty happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info