Baldur's Gate 3 confirmed

I'm happy they are doing allright, i went to their main office in Gent back in the early days fascinated by the revelation we had a solid gaming company here.

My father refused to go into gaming when i told him 18 years ago that it was going to be big business if done correctly, so glad others in our region had the foresight to act on it.

Might make a trip and get a signed edition when it's out, this should be solid for them if they manage it propperly.

Baldur's gate is another one of those iconic tittles that holds solid for many players.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Watch it go straight to mobile..

Pillars of Eternity is the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate series. Sorta like how PoE is D2's spiritual successor.

Baldur's Gate III made by another developer has no chance at being as good as 2 was. That's the problem with reviving a classic series with a new team. Name me one example where that's ever done justice to classics, or been "as good" as the classics?

Tell you right now, Larian Studios is gonna fail hard on the Story/Characters/Writing part. Characters had no personality in Divinity Original Sin 1, and the dialogue was mind numbing and boring. Lots of it, but no substance, no humor, and no intrigue. They might do OK on the combat/skills/classes aspect of the game, but I guarantee it won't be to the level of BG2 on Story/Characters/Writing.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 31, 2019, 8:19:44 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Pillars of Eternity is the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate series. Sorta like how PoE is D2's spiritual successor.

Baldur's Gate III made by another developer has no chance at being as good as 2 was. That's the problem with reviving a classic series with a new team. Name me one example where that's ever done justice to classics, or been "as good" as the classics?

Tell you right now, Larian Studios is gonna fail hard on the Story/Characters/Writing part. Characters had no personality in Divinity Original Sin 1, and the dialogue was mind numbing and boring. Lots of it, but no substance, no humor, and no intrigue. They might do OK on the combat/skills/classes aspect of the game, but I guarantee it won't be to the level of BG2 on Story/Characters/Writing.

That's mostly my feelings on it, though I do have to say Sin 2 was way more solid than Sin 1 (including in writing). But Larian's overall approach, sensibilites, and style are quite different from Black Isle/Obsidian.

I think they have more than enough experience in the genre to put out a quality, successful game. But will it really be Baldur's Gate 3? Or will it follow the path Diablo 3 took? Or will it be somewhere in between?

Sometimes it's better to just let classics remain classics. It's just not necessary to remake or resurrect them or add unnecessary sequels to them.

I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Baldurs was great as there was always something happening. Maps was superb, almost every screen brough something new or at least was worth to explore. It was fast paced and there was places where different strategies could be used.

Divine Divinity in compare was long road walking from place to place. Using almost whole time same skills or strategies. Fights was longer than summer nights (ohhhmm). To get from one place to another took ages. Even game had so many great things, It was waste of time. Speed hacks helped, but sill in compare to BG it was "empty". And you was basicaly locked to use certain roles, otherwise load/save was your best friend.

After few hours I have uninstalled DD2. It was same waste of time. I feel pain when I think about Divine Divinity - those games could be really great, but they killed it mainly with speed of game. I can say it was 9/10 with all speed hacks and qol mods I have used, otherwise it was unplayable garbage and I am still upset when I think about those Divine Divinity first experience (ooooohhhhmmm) :).

I dont want Lariand to do Baldurs Gate, they didnt understood what made BG superb if it was goal with DD, but was clever enough to crate/copy what worked well. But still thats not enough.

And I hope they work on DD3 and not BG3. With what they showed to us, they can not succeed or even get close to Black Isle.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jun 1, 2019, 7:12:14 AM
Hey guys, in much more hype news, System Shock 3 is being worked on currently. I'm kinda iffy on how that's gonna play out, it's got some of the original people working on it though so I have high hopes.

Don't know how this crowd feels about System Shock. I definitely think System Shock 2 was one of the greatest games ever made though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Rexeos wrote:
Baldurs was great as there was always something happening. Maps was superb, almost every screen brough something new or at least was worth to explore. It was fast paced and there was places where different strategies could be used.

Divine Divinity in compare was long road walking from place to place. Using almost whole time same skills or strategies. Fights was longer than summer nights (ohhhmm). To get from one place to another took ages. Even game had so many great things, It was waste of time. Speed hacks helped, but sill in compare to BG it was "empty". And you was basicaly locked to use certain roles, otherwise load/save was your best friend.

After few hours I have uninstalled DD2. It was same waste of time. I feel pain when I think about Divine Divinity - those games could be really great, but they killed it mainly with speed of game. I can say it was 9/10 with all speed hacks and qol mods I have used, otherwise it was unplayable garbage and I am still upset when I think about those Divine Divinity first experience (ooooohhhhmmm) :).

I dont want Lariand to do Baldurs Gate, they didnt understood what made BG superb if it was goal with DD, but was clever enough to crate/copy what worked well. But still thats not enough.

And I hope they work on DD3 and not BG3. With what they showed to us, they can not succeed or even get close to Black Isle.

I disagree,

Divine Divinity was pretty close to baldur s gate, I don t know if anyone played it but the world and maps were full like BG. They know how to do that, they just changed their optic over time.

Divine divinity 2 was boring tho.

As for the sin series it s totally different.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 1, 2019, 9:26:29 AM
Thats unfortunate. I did not like the divinity series, looks like I'll be skipping this one.
"
Hey guys, in much more hype news, System Shock 3 is being worked on currently. I'm kinda iffy on how that's gonna play out, it's got some of the original people working on it though so I have high hopes.

Don't know how this crowd feels about System Shock. I definitely think System Shock 2 was one of the greatest games ever made though.

It's stuck in a bit of development and financial hell though. And, uhhh, it's being finished up by OtherSide--the same studio that recently gifted the thoroughly horrible Underworld Ascendant to the world.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
by OtherSide--the same studio that recently gifted the thoroughly horrible Underworld Ascendant to the world.

The degree to which that game sucked, and the variety of ways in which it is a terrible game is actually quite impressive.
Last edited by Qiox on Jun 1, 2019, 12:04:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info