[3.7] ICE SPEAR TOTEM | 15.75 million shaper DPS! | 8k eHP (HP\ES - 38% MOM) | Easy all content

ED/cont wouldn't let shaper live so gave totems a go

With flasks popped pob says im 2.7m per totem still yet have to spend points
Bosses are a breeze Uber Elder was a joke. Mapping easy squishy some rippy maps.
Only real problem is Chimera
good substitute till you save up for craft.
you can drop some nodes for the +curse
Dont really need +1 helm

legion just run and drop totem near loot! run away and creep back.

Regret starting with ED/con

Will be my next league starter for sure.
"
Frost1545 wrote:
ED/cont wouldn't let shaper live so gave totems a go

With flasks popped pob says im 2.7m per totem still yet have to spend points
Bosses are a breeze Uber Elder was a joke. Mapping easy squishy some rippy maps.
Only real problem is Chimera
good substitute till you save up for craft.
you can drop some nodes for the +curse
Dont really need +1 helm

legion just run and drop totem near loot! run away and creep back.

Regret starting with ED/con

Will be my next league starter for sure.

Can you share your pob pastebin? I imported your Scion into PoB and I can see 522k per totem. HOw are you getting that 2.7 mil per totem number?
can sum1 tell me what sthe point of chieftain ascendency ?
feel like occultist could be the answer?

Last edited by andygami on Jun 24, 2019, 11:32:26 AM
"
Dontbejello wrote:
Hey loving the build thus far I was looking at the tree do you think going for sanctum of thought would be good because that would put us at 100% reduced effect on the curses?

Yes i am wondering that myself. We don't have 100% curse reduction otherwise right? (without atziri's reflection of course).

second, what about choosing DEADEYE instead of CHIEFTAIN? at least before endgame? i havent switched to ice spear yet, but this should ramp up the damage a lot.

"
andygami wrote:

The only real benefit is the totem life-leech. Which should be huge in terms of survivability no doubt.
Last edited by faw on Jun 24, 2019, 2:27:58 PM
"
faw wrote:
"
Dontbejello wrote:
Hey loving the build thus far I was looking at the tree do you think going for sanctum of thought would be good because that would put us at 100% reduced effect on the curses?

Yes i am wondering that myself. We don't have 100% curse reduction otherwise right? (without atziri's reflection of course).

second, what about choosing DEADEYE instead of CHIEFTAIN? at least before endgame? i havent switched to ice spear yet, but this should ramp up the damage a lot.

"
andygami wrote:

The only real benefit is the totem life-leech. Which should be huge in terms of survivability no doubt.

it's possible the OP is used to 80% reduction and finds that sufficient. I don't think he'd say "dont take sanctum of thought". that being said, if you want 100% reduction, that's a good way to go "budget". personally I'm on reflection but also because of the LL (with belt).

about ascendancy, I've seen some people suggest occultist and deadeye. I think those are good options to play around (whether before or after icespear). personally I do agree with OP that chieftain's leech is huge and might be necessary for harder content/maps.
i dont know why my damage so low
https://pastebin.com/a4QWuKER

52-90k dps
1st form/2nd form
all projectiles
https://pastebin.com/Uprz7C56

Not sure why the dps dropped but this is current with flasks popped,Rf enabled, curses on, and elemental penetration.

Hope this helps.

*And use a 20% increased damage per curse jewel*
Last edited by Frost1545 on Jun 25, 2019, 9:39:53 PM
"
i dont know why my damage so low
https://pastebin.com/a4QWuKER

52-90k dps
1st form/2nd form
all projectiles

Probably some POB schenenigans, anyways few tips that hopefully help you going forward:

- Slot Enlighten Lvl 2 in your Diadem, so that you can drop 4 skillpoints spent on mana reservations. Grab Snowforged/Arcane Swiftness cluster on the right of the Tree.
- Get your 2nd curse source for Projectile Weakness (skill tree, +1 curse amulet or Vixen's gloves).
- Automate your curse(s) with Orb of Storms or Storm Brand with Curse on Hit support.
- Level your Ice Spear and try to corrupt a Lvl 21 if you lvl 6 of these in your off weapons.
- Dying Sun will go a long way with damage. If you cant afford it immediately Atziri Promise or Wise Oak will give a slight boost. Oak will also help to cap resists for now (I see you are at 66/41 on fire/lightning)
- Frost Bomb will help with damage on beefy targets.
- If you need more defenses, specter with Cyclone + Fortify + Inc. Duration is always an option.
- Work towards a better weapon, a wand or a specter. Ideally multi-mod an Extra chaos one like OP has.

Also, like Frost said - better rolls on both of your jewels can be achieved and use Vaal RF if needed.

[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Last edited by zoNiklv on Jun 26, 2019, 1:43:33 AM
Hey all, awesome build here first of all.

I just finished leveling yesterday, i'm currently mapping a little bit above my level, and i'm really having no problems with most of the content (Minotaur, elder no problem etc.), EXCEPT for doing the legion monoliths. I understand that that's not necessarily what the build is tailored towards, but still I find myself getting 1-shot by many of the types of legion rares, or being overwhelmed very quickly by them. Is there anything you guys are changing around to do the legions more effectively?

edit: I also haven't settled on chieftain yet. Gonna try out Occultist and Deadeye. Has anyone else tried?
Last edited by Grumpsy918 on Jun 26, 2019, 7:39:39 PM
Have movement speed on boots and flame dash around legion. I just drop totems near the chests and monsters that give loot.
Also using a jewel that allows projectiles to pierce one additional target.

Run away and slowly creep back hope to not get oneshot.
Using immortal call+cwtd. Manual steelskin....

Tinkering around still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info