[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

Hi,

I will play this in the upcoming flashback league. Do you suggest other leveling guide until I get the Eternity Shroud? If so, which one?
Hi, interesting build guide.

I have a question. On this guide it says "You're looking for two ilvl 85 shaped wands/scepters (not damage, crit chance is beaten handily by the other implicits) preferably with as high an implicit as you can afford."

I'm from Japan and I found this part hard to understand.
So does this mean that I should find a ilvl 85 shaped wands/scepters WITH CRIT? Does that even exist? Or is it asking for something else?

I dropped a shaped wand of this and its incredible how much faster you can farm.

One question what is the interaction between the explosion and the shattering effect from herald of ice?
"
bibanul wrote:
Hi,

I will play this in the upcoming flashback league. Do you suggest other leveling guide until I get the Eternity Shroud? If so, which one?

Ghazzy has a (predictably) great guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485094

The trees are super similar. He uses Beltimber weapons for the additional projectiles and augments Winter Orb with Ice Spear for single target. That build should be much cheaper (and still completely end-game viable on its own) to farm until you can afford Eternity Shroud.

"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

I dropped a shaped wand of this and its incredible how much faster you can farm.

One question what is the interaction between the explosion and the shattering effect from herald of ice?

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how the wand, Herald of Ice, and Pyre interact in all cases. I've never played with a wand like that, but they certainly look sweet. My best guess is that you'd want to just make sure to wear Elemental Focus. In this case, the non-ailment inflicting is a buff. Ele Focus will prevent Pyre and HoI from consuming the corpses, but shouldn't stop the wand explosion effect.

"
IwaseTakuya wrote:
Hi, interesting build guide.

I have a question. On this guide it says "You're looking for two ilvl 85 shaped wands/scepters (not damage, crit chance is beaten handily by the other implicits) preferably with as high an implicit as you can afford."

I'm from Japan and I found this part hard to understand.
So does this mean that I should find a ilvl 85 shaped wands/scepters WITH CRIT? Does that even exist? Or is it asking for something else?

That's just a bad typo on my part. The "not damage" was meant to be "not dagger". I just meant that you should aim for wands or scepters as the base instead of daggers, since the cast speed/elemental damage/spell damage implicits on those bases are better than critical strike chance found on daggers. I will correct the typo.
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

You shouldn't even be using Herald of Ice.
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

You shouldn't even be using Herald of Ice. I blow up packs and rares in t15's /16's instantly without it, using it is a dps loss, so...why?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 9, 2019, 11:13:31 AM
Is it still worth it to use MOM/EB if I have my WinterOrb at 0 mana cost with -mana watcher's eye/ring? So is having 4.5k life and 1500ES for around 6k EHP going to fell better than 4k life and the defense of 30%of damage being taken from my ES on mana before life with EB?
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Is it still worth it to use MOM/EB if I have my WinterOrb at 0 mana cost with -mana watcher's eye/ring? So is having 4.5k life and 1500ES for around 6k EHP going to fell better than 4k life and the defense of 30%of damage being taken from my ES on mana before life with EB?

I was doing precisely that with the Beltimber version. If I hadnta sold the -10 mana cost + Hatred watchers eye I had I'd probably use it for this. Saves a few passives travelling to EB, and not taking MoM.

edit: now I remember why I sold it. Also had es on hit with Disc. not worth the trade offs I decided :P
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 9, 2019, 11:35:26 AM
"
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

I was doing precisely that with the Beltimber version. If I hadnta sold the -10 mana cost + Hatred watchers eye I had I'd probably use it for this. Saves a few passives travelling to EB, and not taking MoM.

edit: now I remember why I sold it. Also had es on hit with Disc. not worth the trade offs I decided :P

So to confirm you think the 6k EHP is safer than the damage reduction gained from MOM/EB setup? I respec'd this trickster from a high evasion 10k ES build, and just feels really squishy if I get hit at all.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

So to confirm you think the 6k EHP is safer than the damage reduction gained from MOM/EB setup? I respec'd this trickster from a high evasion 10k ES build, and just feels really squishy if I get hit at all.

There's no actual damage reduction happening anyways. Damage comes from ES before life anyways. MoM is just for EB interaction.

So yes, if you can pull off 0 cost winter orb, you don't need EB. You're missing nothing and gaining passive points.

10k ES as a Trickster is a entirely different way to play it. 5500 life and 1k-1500 ES is pretty standard fair Trickster. Its tanky enough to take hits, but it's not a tank. gotta move.

I do think it needs some sort of life sustain though, which is why I crafted my ring. I think getting by without warlords mark or any source of leech is unrealistic and sketchy.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 9, 2019, 11:56:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info