[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Ouch :(

Another question, what mods affects the Vortex and Cold Snap dmg?
Increased elemental dmg, cold dmg, area dmg or general dmg (Retribution node from tree) affect them? Or just DoT dmg nodes?
vdd:
all mod you say.
about retribution node, have a minion damage on it, this only work if have "spitirual aid" (left side of templar).

other mod affect: increased area and increased duration.( for comfort)

well have found my 3.9 build , never play shadow before, and want something strong to enter the new unknow atlas...(already have occultiste version)... so nice build .

well have now to wait 8 hours xD
"
laurent67 wrote:
vdd:
all mod you say.
about retribution node, have a minion damage on it, this only work if have "spitirual aid" (left side of templar).

other mod affect: increased area and increased duration.( for comfort)

well have found my 3.9 build , never play shadow before, and want something strong to enter the new unknow atlas...(already have occultiste version)... so nice build .

well have now to wait 8 hours xD

Thanks for the info. Knowing that, I'm gonna make some upgrades to the tree with the spare points to get more dmg and resists.

I know the minion dmg from Retribution is useless but that node gives 15% damage too and near that node you have area and area dmg, more resists, spell, elemental dmg, etc

There are a few cold dmg nodes in the tree that can be used like Snowforged.
Btw the PoB tree isn't updated for the new 3.9 tree for this build right? Because the MoM node have now the mana nodes used in the build.
Last edited by hawok on Dec 13, 2019, 7:33:34 AM
Still can't decide between Trickster or Occultist.

Crap!
pob is already up to date.

in my case i mean colsnap-vortex have arleady enough damage.
(i remember with occultist have a medium stuff and uber-elder was really easy.and at this time i'd prefere to stack ES and remove some damage node)

actually (with this build), i mean , if i want to search more damage, i maybe try to check the "divine judgment" node (just down the sipiritual aid), cause 5% penetrate all monster resist.

about the mobs-boss resistance buff in this patch.

make 117k for 5 point and the 5% penetrating resist.

other modification give approx the same number:
for example
snowfoged is 90k for 4 point
the dot point just right the shadow start is 20k for 1 point.

well, as i say , i mean this build have widely enough damage.:)

edit:

the spiritual aid nod give 148k for 5 point.
could be another choice, if have bad luck on crafting can "accept" the minion damage affix.

edit 2 :

and don't forget one thing, blight league is core now!!
i don't play in blight, but with oil thing can have some node without "link them".... so 3 atenuments ? may 3 node can possibly have for en-game gear...
Last edited by laurent67 on Dec 13, 2019, 10:22:07 AM
"
Charl1eTango wrote:
Still can't decide between Trickster or Occultist.

Crap!

Trickster is hipster. :)

All the trees should be updated, I did that yesterday.

GL everyone! See you all on the other side of the League start.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

GL everyone! See you all on the other side of the League start.

or in hell for the hc players XD
So.... when does the build start being tanky? I'm a complete noob (this league is my first league to start) and I get constantly destroyed by metamorphs lol. I'm guessing that I need to get a fuck ton of ES and go CI as soon as possible... but how do I even get more ES during the acts other than dropping gears?
"
DoubleUKay wrote:
So.... when does the build start being tanky? I'm a complete noob (this league is my first league to start) and I get constantly destroyed by metamorphs lol. I'm guessing that I need to get a fuck ton of ES and go CI as soon as possible... but how do I even get more ES during the acts other than dropping gears?

You will probably not feel tanky early on. It does get a lot better after you finish merc Lab and have a reasonable EV/ES chest. However the nature of the build lets you maneuver very well and avoid a lot dangerous mechanics while still DPSing.
Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll stick with the build until I'm satisfied with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info