[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

hi guys
this is my current character https://pastebin.com/8frvNJUJ can you please tell me what should i do next? gem setup to get the best outta elemental equilibrium.
thanks a lot.
Looks nice so far, I was thinking about something like that to start in the next league, and to combine Wintertide Brand and Arctic Breath on a Trickster (yeah it will look like you jizz around and make the enemies squirt... it may not be a nsfw build) and maybe a frostbolt + arcane Brand and vortex on an occultist. I know that cold DOTs are really strong, at least regarding the numbers, but how do you deal with cold res? Only with elemental equilibrium? I know the occultist reduces it a bit for nearby monsters. But otherwise I think there is only the curse frostbite and that one helmet...
"
griffinzero wrote:
Looks nice so far, I was thinking about something like that to start in the next league, and to combine Wintertide Brand and Arctic Breath on a Trickster (yeah it will look like you jizz around and make the enemies squirt... it may not be a nsfw build) and maybe a frostbolt + arcane Brand and vortex on an occultist. I know that cold DOTs are really strong, at least regarding the numbers, but how do you deal with cold res? Only with elemental equilibrium? I know the occultist reduces it a bit for nearby monsters. But otherwise I think there is only the curse frostbite and that one helmet...

EE is huge (-50%), Frostbite and/or Ele Weakness, Helmet with -9% cold res to nearby enemies.

Wintertide Brand looks pretty neat for sure. might be difficult to incorporate into the build just because of sockets. Sounds like it'll stack damage with Cold Snap and Vortex though so that is just insane.

Depending on its damage it could just replace Cold Snap or Vortex entirely. Will have to see though.
Hello Good sir. Do you intend to make the trickster again this league and test wintertide?

Or you already tested? Is it worth it making slot for it?

Thanks in advance. :)
Last edited by silverlotoss on Jun 21, 2020, 7:14:40 AM
I have been looking for a tanky shadow build and the idea of a high dot/dps type sound great! Also this build seems very well laid out and in depth, which I highly appreciate. My main question/questions: Is this build still viable for Heist league? Have there been any major changes to the skills or the build for the upcoming league?
"
Exiled_Magus wrote:
I have been looking for a tanky shadow build and the idea of a high dot/dps type sound great! Also this build seems very well laid out and in depth, which I highly appreciate. My main question/questions: Is this build still viable for Heist league? Have there been any major changes to the skills or the build for the upcoming league?

Yeah this build is still very viable. I haven't done any major updates to the guide for a couple leagues, but the core strategy has not changed at all.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Exiled_Magus wrote:

Yeah this build is still very viable. I haven't done any major updates to the guide for a couple leagues, but the core strategy has not changed at all.

Awesomesauce! Thank you kindly for such a swift reply. I look forward to playing this build. I have been playing for a while now, but have only really toyed with a handful of builds (golemancer necro, CoC ice nova assassin, earthquake gladiator duelist, gc miner sabo, and a one off sentinel of purity templar) and though fun, I really want to try something different. I am looking forward to giving this a run!
I can confirm this is a solid build. Being running it since the first league of the guide. Very strong and can do all content.
"
Drexxon wrote:
I can confirm this is a solid build. Being running it since the first league of the guide. Very strong and can do all content.

I look forward to it! I did notice that the pob and skill tree has changed in game. Does anyone have a current passive pob for this? Or am I just overlooking it somewhere in the page?
"
Exiled_Magus wrote:
"
Drexxon wrote:

I look forward to it! I did notice that the pob and skill tree has changed in game. Does anyone have a current passive pob for this? Or am I just overlooking it somewhere in the page?

You're not overlooking it. I haven't updated the build in any real capacity since before Delirium because I haven't played the character. I would refer to POE Ninja Trickster builds that play Vortex for tree/POB information. There are a number of them there. You can get an idea of how the build has evolved since 3.9 that way. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info