Are you above or below average?

So yep i guess i'm below the average as well, might be cuz my country is below the average in general. Agree with Boem about the society of the excesses. Seen people (and myself in the past included) throw stuff away which was still 100% usable/eatable or could have been given away to someone else.

And hey i won't argue that seeking abundance and growing is a fair and natural goal. However by reducing unnecessary or pointless excesses you don't cause harm to anyone or anything.

The 0 money income can be unpaid work or someone who lives on a different type of social economy/lives on his own (which is rare).

Since we are talking about $$$, friendly reminder that there are different types of capital: https://www.forumforthefuture.org/the-five-capitals
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
i love it how average in these things always mean some kind of adding min and max capita divided by two...

the word average should mean that exactly half of the population gets more, and the other half gets less, the half of the people not some half of some arcane number based on childish sumgames.

the 500k couple was also a funny fantasy. They get no savings? yeah well, if you have active loans, go on 3 holydays a year costing 6k each and driving 2 cars in the middle of fucking NYC? thats stupid excess, not some build in incapacity to save money.

all in all kinda senseless.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
That's an amazing deal on the mortgage. They should feel above average for that, especially considering that insane amount of student loan debt they apparently have.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Oof. Just oof.

He's kinda right though. Viewing only paid work as valuable to society is very problematic. It means that volunteering, childcare, housekeeping etc is absolutely worthless. It's a bigly detriment especially to women who do the vast majority of unpaid work.

(how is a right-winger like me explaining this to a left-winger like you? is this the upside-down?)

Go live in your mom's basement for a few years, without any monetary income or participation in your family's expenses and THEN try to convince me how your unpaid work is soooo valuable to society and how you're not living like a leech. I double dare you.
I've never compare myself to other people even in high school seemed retarded. I have god as my guide trough life and thats hard enough.
Git R Dun!
"
tsunamikun wrote:
i love it how average in these things always mean some kind of adding min and max capita divided by two...

the word average should mean that exactly half of the population gets more, and the other half gets less, the half of the people not some half of some arcane number based on childish sumgames.

the 500k couple was also a funny fantasy. They get no savings? yeah well, if you have active loans, go on 3 holydays a year costing 6k each and driving 2 cars in the middle of fucking NYC? thats stupid excess, not some build in incapacity to save money.

all in all kinda senseless.

The irony is that they actually are saving quite a bit of money. Paying a mortgage and investing into property is literally saving. The 401ks are savings. So they're saving around 100k a year.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I find you're confusing me for Boem offensive.

Peace,

-Boem-

Hey ruling wraeclast is a full time job

even if you dont get paid lol
I dont see any any key!
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Oof. Just oof.

He's kinda right though. Viewing only paid work as valuable to society is very problematic. It means that volunteering, childcare, housekeeping etc is absolutely worthless. It's a bigly detriment especially to women who do the vast majority of unpaid work.

(how is a right-winger like me explaining this to a left-winger like you? is this the upside-down?)

Go live in your mom's basement for a few years, without any monetary income or participation in your family's expenses and THEN try to convince me how your unpaid work is soooo valuable to society and how you're not living like a leech. I double dare you.

Honestly, I am a bit envious of him. I have a fuckton of hobbies and interests that are mothballed because work eats up too much of my freetime.

On the plus side, he has developed a symbiotic relationship with his environment that is at worst commensalistic, and he leaves a spot open in the workplace that someone else, who may have more need, can fill.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Boem, on the other hand,seems to be a dumpster-diver and barter-survivor. Nothing really wrong with that but I don't think either my way or his are sources of pride. He sounds proud of it, and that's...sort of hilarious.

The allowance of human merit defined by social status yeah i never encountered that perspective before. Seems to work out fine for a societal structure with mass depression and mental issue's.

I'll take a check on that one Charan.

That's going to be an amazing perspective when more and more people lose their jobs in favor of expanding technologie in the work-force.

Turns out i act defensively when people use the "i look down on your life-style" argument.
Minds where blown by this revolutionary concept o7

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Who the fuck spend 42k on childcare for 2 kids? That's 21k each. Assuming 49 weeks of childcare (there's 3 weeks of vacations, which I'll consider as being taken together by both parents), leaving it with 245 days of childcare, it ends up being 85,7$ PER DAY. This is insane to me.

5,25$ per meal is also an insane amount of money per meal, especially when you consider that childrens in child care won't eat nearly as much as an adult. And this is also counting breakfast, which is much much cheaper than other meals. Maybe stop eating 10$ meals all the time?

tax on a 1.5m home, boohoohoo. If that's too much for you, sell it and get a more standard house.

6k per vacation? Really? Maybe you don't need to go out of the country every single times? And why would you count it as a must pay? This is dumb

9500$ in clothes? Is that a joke? A normal person doesn't need to spend more than 400-500$ a YEAR. You don't need than 300$ pair of shoes and you certainly don't need 5 of them. You don't need a 500$ wallet or shit like that. You can dress perfectly fine with an average of 50$ per piece of cloth, minus shoes, which shouldn't be above 150 and CERTAINLY not every year.

Children lessons, really? Sport is almost free. piano and violin is just for your dumb ass ego at parties. "My child can play Piano." Guess what, no one fucking cares. Stop wasting your child time and your money on something that useless unless it's what the kid wants.

18k a year in charity? Is that another joke?

All in all, this is the most retarded bullshit I've ever read. This is beyond entitlement from a rich person.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info