Incinerate

if you use curse, you can do ignite or whatever easily because it has 10% chance. very big. you can try freeze with added cold damage. i will make a video on this again. and this skill is not bad. even i posted 2 videos in this thread. if you watch the video, it is fun and not weak. and mana cost isn't big. those people are trolling for 23 pages without a video. at 32 level, i can shoot torrents timelessly. stop trolling with mana cost.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 10, 2013, 7:50:12 AM
There are 2 ways of using this skill: totem, and blood magic.

Mana cost is way too much.
IGN: Hochep
Upon further usage, the skill isn't as bad as I first thought. You can stop firing for a split second and still maintain your stage, which is quite useful. This is good for three things: You can maintain your stage after being stunned if your stun/block recovery is high enough. You can let go of the attack key and immediately re-engage to lock or unlock a target (like to see their health bar). You can manually reduce the casting speed of the skill by click, click, clicking to cast instead of holding the button, though you'll have to make sure you don't wait too long between flames otherwise you'll lose the stage.

Edit: But yes, I still agree with the criticism. Namely the one about this skill costing too much mana. 25 per second at level 1! I'm playing a Ranger using this skill and I can't keep up with the requirements of a level 2 Incinerate at level 22 with 4 8% mana nodes (getting an 18% next level) and level 4 Clarity and Stone of Lazhwar.

And I also agree that the skill doesn't really fit in with the game. There are too many "move or die" deadly DoTs and you generally don't want to be rooted to the spot. Movement and avoidance is key in this game.
Last edited by StarlightGamer on Mar 10, 2013, 10:47:19 AM
my build

my gear/gems:

I have tried finding a way/situation in which it would be good/better to use incinerate than fireball or firestorm but as far as I can tell there isn't one. This is evidenced by the fact that in testing it is actually more mana efficient to kill single targets with FIRESTORM than it is with INCINERATE. The same is also true of groups. I fail to find a single situation/circumstance in which one would prefer using incinerate over fireball or firestorm.

The mana cost of incinerate is just way too high for how much damage it does. It's simply unsustainable in any form except maybe with putting a high level mana leech and a high level and high quality reduced mana supports with it - and in that case you could just substitute fireball or firestorm with other damage increasing supports and again, those 2 spells would still be more mana efficient.

I'm just really disappointed with how this spell works currently
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 10, 2013, 7:46:27 AM
"
Hochep wrote:
There are 2 ways of using this skill: totem, and blood magic.

Mana cost is way too much.

no.. there are many ways..
but one of my theories is that they released Tiki Totem Skin and incinerate at the same time.
it means you must use both maybe xD
the thing about 80% MORE damage each stage is very alluring

1st stage= base damage
2nd stage= 80% MORE (180% base)
3rd stage= 80%x80% MORE (324% base)
4th stage= 80x80x80 MORE (583,2% base)

so with manaleech or lifeleech (for bloodmagic builds) it could bypass the high mana cost.

there is only one 2 problems:

you have to stand still (really, this part is what i hate more9

and it doesnt seem to be so "fun" as a skill.

with then new unique ES chest you could reach some really awkward fking high damage
with Pain attunement and righteous fire.

with PA= 4th stage = 758,16% base

with PA and RF= 4th stage= 1372% base (considering an RF lvl 18 with 81% more spelldamage)

throw inside 30% increase to Buffs for more ridiculous numbers.

that's ridiculously high.

then i think again, would u stand still in front of a BOSS to flamethrower it?
would u stand in front of vaal? would u stand in front of 20-30 spellcaster multiple projectile skeletons?
Even with fking high LL, this skill gem seems very limited as it forces you to play immobile, and for an action game, stay still to long and you are calling for death.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 10, 2013, 9:49:28 AM
"
sirianstar wrote:

with PA and RF= 4th stage= 1372% base (considering an RF lvl 18 with 81% more spelldamage)

would u stand in front of vaal? would u stand in front of 20-30 spellcaster multiple projectile skeletons?
Even with fking high LL, this skill gem seems very limited as it forces you to play immobile, and for an action game, stay still to long and you are calling for death.

did you even try?
i can use decoy or flame totem or frost wall.
i don't get hit until 3~4th stage. and i can run and throw totem again. i posted video already.
stop saying same thing over and over again. 22 pages are enough.
if the boss is melee, he can't even get close to me. i use knockback. this skill is OP. even i feel like using bugs.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 10, 2013, 10:23:57 AM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
"
sirianstar wrote:

did you even try?
i can use decoy or flame totem or frost wall.
i don't get hit until 3~4th stage. and i can run and throw totem again. i posted video already.
stop saying same thing over and over again. 22 pages are enough.
if the boss is melee, he can't even get close to me. i use knockback. this skill is OP. even i feel like using bugs.

good luck on tanking vaal without dodging.
You can just stand still when he's summoning minions, when he's dropping rocks (just watch out where they're falling :P ), and when he's firing ice. Plenty of time to just lay in.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 10, 2013, 11:06:36 AM
The 20% damage effectiveness and the zero crit is
a huge downer for this skill. Zero crit means that
the only way to boost the dps of the spell is via
spell/fire/ele damage and casting speed.

Currently working on a dual totem setup, the mana
cost is very very low compared to any other spell
supported with spell totem. Damage seems decent'ish'
but I still need some time to reach merciless so I can
test it out properly.

Practial use of the skill is questionable w/o totems
especially on hardcore.

At the current state it seems like a good alternative
to replace Flame Totem, low mana, better damage etc.
IGN.: Space_Walrus, Wraeclast_Hobo, Draftbeer, Burnoloid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info