Incinerate

Just started using Incinerate linked with Blood Magic, Life Leech, GMP and added Chaos damage. I also dual curse with flammability and elemental weakness. I don't have much in the way of spell damage passives or that good of a wand but I do like the damage so far.
"
trenan wrote:

10) I have no mana issues with the ability, and I do not use Mana Leech. My character was geared for Explosive Arrow which was terribly mana hungry, Incinerate is far less mana costly than Explosive Arrow.

Can you share yours mana/manaregen items and tree, please? I'm curious, because i would love go CI with an incinerate tree without manaleech.

Ps: Added chaos damage is godlike on it too. Imo, Added chaos damage + added lightning damage + LMP (or GMP) + Life leech.

Ps 2: If it can't crit, it's because of surgeon flasks.
i dont understand why it is for witch.
there are more good fire dmg nodes in marauder tree.

i have 2 ideas.
1. shock on hit + ignite on hit
i am not sure it will work.

2. all in fire nodes + casting speed.
never do ignite. fire damage + casting speed. but crazy mana cost?

i am going to try 1 and then 2.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 9, 2013, 8:16:08 AM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

The Marauder has 1 Fire damage node; 4x 6% and 1x 18%.
The Witch has two. One cluster has 3x 6% and 1x 12% (Firewalker), the other has 4x 6% and 1x 18% (Immolation).

So yeah. No. Not really.

(also, Ignites will be shit with Incinerate)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

The Witch has two. One cluster has 3x 6% and 1x 12% (Firewalker), the other has 4x 6% and 1x 18% (Immolation).

So yeah. No. Not really.

well i have ignite on it as of now cause i dont have any other good supports to put on it and i have to say i like even if it just for the fact that the only mobs that will close in on me is the dumb ones like undead that wont flee when burning, and i know your going to say "ya but u have to stand still so them flee is a bad thing" but not for me it is not. i am blood magic and and can stand there and cast it all day so as long as there not hitting me with melee then let them run LOL . but again thats just how im playing this chr. so ya ignite can have some usefulness if thats how you want to play. plus im going to spec into all the burn nodes as well. i had witch in CB that used firestorm with all the burn nodes and i have say that saying burning is crap is false. if u spec into it it can be very powerful with the right combo.

say im wrong all you want, but in the end im going to what i want to do and im going to have fun doing it .

thanks.
"
banezilla wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

So yeah. No. Not really.

well i have ignite on it as of now cause i dont have any other good supports to put on it and i have to say i like even if it just for the fact that the only mobs that will close in on me is the dumb ones like undead that wont flee when burning, and i know your going to say "ya but u have to stand still so them flee is a bad thing" but not for me it is not. i am blood magic and and can stand there and cast it all day so as long as there not hitting me with melee then let them run LOL . but again thats just how im playing this chr. so ya ignite can have some usefulness if thats how you want to play. plus im going to spec into all the burn nodes as well. i had witch in CB that used firestorm with all the burn nodes and i have say that saying burning is crap is false. if u spec into it it can be very powerful with the right combo.

say im wrong all you want, but in the end im going to what i want to do and im going to have fun doing it .

thanks.

I think he's just giving an advice and not offending you in anyways and you seem to be butthurt.

Ignite is very very bad on Incinerate b/c burn damage is based on the damage of the hit that causes the burn effect. In the case of Incinerate it's like 200dmg max, so yeah terrible burn damage.

Faster attack, added chaos, added lightning, life leech, iron will are all better choices.

I'm not saying burning damage is bad. My 77 Marauder 1 shot most things in maps with burning.

It's just an advice, and of course no one gives a fawk about your ego thing.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/238153
how does "add 80% more damage each stage" work, do you get 80% more damage when you first start casting? when you first start casting is that "stage 1"?
ign = ultrahiangle
ignite won't be so bad once it "gets going" via stage 4... but things should die by then... key word should based on people already trying to max it out that is.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, some things I noticed while leveling with this gem.

-Yes, it is designed for facetanking, and is not for typical caster types.

-At gem level 9, the raw mana cost is 7. What's interesting is that mana multiplyer costs from support gems do not add very much. With LMP and Faster Projectiles the mana cost goes from 7 to 11.

-Now due to the nature of the gem, and my gear, it currently sits at 8.47 casts per second which x 11 = 93.17 mana/sec. Insane right? Well I think GGG was very clever with this spell, considering that it's a tanking spell, which naturally means Maurader with high life and strength, which means Iron Will is a very good option for more spell damage. And have you ever looked at Iron Will? There is no mana cost multiplier,and you gain no benefit from leveling up the gem other than reducing the reduced cast speed.

-The irony is with this skill gem is you benefit more (read: sustainability without ridiculous mana regen) with using an unleveled Iron Will for a barely noticeable loss in cast speed, but a very noticeable decrease in mana usage.

tl:dr - I am using this spell with a 4L Searing Touch (GGRB) and supports LMP, Faster Projectiles and a level 1 Iron Will, I melt everything and can sustain mana. Also can just focus on tank passives, like %life, resists and armor.
this is what i am doing..
flame totem + culling strike + knockback
Incinerate + faster projectile + knockback + LMP
clarity + flammability
frost wall + duration, freeze mine.
(i used other gems to test something in video but i think those are best for now. or i use decoy totem. ).

i dont understand why people cry of mana cost.
just look at middle end of this video. you can see i am shooting torrent timelessly.
if i level up, i can get more many mana regen gears and passive skill nodes.
32 level witch gameplay. i dont even need iron will. 11 mana cost won't be big problem when i get 5L or 6L and high level with many mana regen.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 9, 2013, 3:09:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info