Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
baal6969 wrote:
Finally we gonna see Inpulsa and Lore nerfs as well as Arc, I hope Molten Strike too, extra chaos double dipping and all the totem, mines, traps bullshit. Good luck lazy meta abusers, now our time has come. Ty GGG for the effort of making self-cast great again! I wonder if they do something about Spiritual Aid and Minion Damage affixes

P.S. I love to see all the sour of arc miners

What is your point here? First making this game less fun and nerfing things, should make it than more fun to play? This is why i switched to Destiny 2. This is a game that is not balanced around some 24/7 streamers...
Last edited by SuperDumbo on Mar 5, 2019, 4:01:56 AM
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.
Wording needs clarification:
Is the Ascendants effect lower by 5% of 5 seconds (leaving 4.75 seconds), or is it 5% points lower from 10% leaving only 5% restored per leech: 2.5 seconds?

I think they're implying that the limit is lower for the Slayer, aka better.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 5, 2019, 4:01:01 AM
"
SuperDumbo wrote:
"
baal6969 wrote:
Finally we gonna see Inpulsa and Lore nerfs as well as Arc, I hope Molten Strike too, extra chaos double dipping and all the totem, mines, traps bullshit. Good luck lazy meta abusers, now our time has come. Ty GGG for the effort of making self-cast great again! I wonder if they do something about Spiritual Aid and Minion Damage affixes

P.S. I love to see all the sour of arc miners

What is your point here? First making this game less fun and nerfing things, should make it than more fun to play? This is why i switched to Destiny 2. This is a game that is not balanced around some 24/7 streamers...

Then you should look at your games balance histories more closely, Destiny 2 would absolutely have nerfed these items equivalents because it would have bled over to PvP like it always does.

People love to pretend GGG is the first game to nerf busted shit you should be kissing their feet for leaving it in for so many leagues when we all know its broken rather than decrying their nerf status.
I sure hope you are going to boost at least a little bit the es gears drop with this kind of meta shift.

I always hated es because of the rarity/cost of good es gear and the fact you basically need to create a subpart life build for low levels plus an es one at end game, making the switch a nightmare unless you roll in currency. Es should be the life alternative for caster/upper tree builds, not some kind of buffed up version of life based builds. And i'm pretty confident you are heading right into the same problems es was nerfed to begin with because this position doesn't seam to have changed, am I mistaking? ES/life should NOT be better or worst version of each other, but 2 play style.

This should have been part of your manifesto on a caster revamp, not just a list of changes, we have patch notes for this. Your manifesto should be posted at the beginning at the league to give you directions for the next batch of nerf/buff, not at the end when all changes are already made, this won't give you feed back but rants and a lot of baby cry. If it's done at the beginning you can adjust your own philosophy and position with player feed back, and since you already know what are your plan for 3.7 this should not be hard.

Also; I love "hand" casting, i always preferred it, just like i prefer name lock skills for melee, so if name lock wasn't on your list for 3.7, well include it right now. Sure other totem, coc, and trap give this game a special twist so they should not be overlooked but you need a strong base (name lock and hand casting are the base here).
Last edited by Halagaz on Mar 5, 2019, 4:31:58 AM
1) I saw what you did there with Discharge. Lower cast time, but did you lower the damage? If so, have you removed or reduced the penalty on discharge when it is triggered, because it already comparatively sucks.

Wonder what "problematic uniques" are going to be (likely) retroactively nerfed? Nerfing legacy uniques or otherwise breaking the mechanics they use is a real departure from original balance philosophy. It's getting old. The real slap in the face is when you apply nerfs to legacy uniques and then later roll them back, however you never restore the legacy to where it was...or even above the non legacy variants..

I bet next you'll be adding fireball to the 'reworked' skill list strictly so you can remove the ability for it to shotgun with terrain. You already did it to arctic breath, to mostly disappointment, it only makes sense.

1/10 notes. (Insert lots of boos and hisses). Will still play anyway.
"
10% of max life per leech effect? I have a bad feeling about this, but I'm not experienced enough with leech's mechanics to say anything more than that. I do think it's crazy how leech could easily counter RF for example, but going this far seems a bit much.

Without getting too technical this ---should--- mean that slayer cap the length of a single leech instance at 10% of his maximum life while scion/slayer at 5%.
Given each leech instance expire at 2% of your max life every leech instance now last at max 5secs (10/2)on slayer and 2.5secs (5/2)on scion/slayer. Dunno if they are changing some passives to alter the way this work

"
Will still play anyway.

The patch note could say that I take 70% reflected elemental damage as damage to my spine and bones and I'd still play
COOOL, I LIKE THIS
Arc cast time from 0.8 sec to 0.7 sec!
Arcane Surge Support now has a damage multiplier at higher gem levels!
my damage output will go uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup :)
You should have waited with that leech nerf , till u buff melee.... rip melee in Synthesis.
Slayer cries in the corner... :( as well, my duelist starter...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info