[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

I'm not really happy with the initially proposed gem set-up so I want to change it around a bit.

question 1:
How can I add a 3 aura set-up with enlighten 4? I guess I need mana reservation, what's should I change in the tree?

Question 2:
Any other gem set-up suggestions?

Question 3:
How can I increase my defenses a bit? I feel my HP is a bit low, but not rly sure what to change.

You should be able to see my character.

Thanks in advance!
How much ES should I be looking at on a helm/shield to switch to the 2nd build? I know we end up needing about 2k ES, so including the multipliers from the tree, how much flat ES would that total up to?

Edit: another question so I don't have to spam the thread, what are the best mods we can get on an amulet? Currently all I have is strength, life, spell damage and cast speed.
Last edited by MCRide on Mar 25, 2019, 3:43:15 PM
"
Snoukz wrote:
Oh I see, it's at the bottom of the page!
Thank you very much, that makes planning a weapon much easier.
I think I'm going for a wand with non ailment modifier!

Edit: If I get that right, we need at least 91% to get the T1 implicit.
That means 3 times T1 via alt spamming for 13-15% implicit or 3 times crafting bench for 46 total and 11-12%

Yup, I would say save the alt spam for the T1 implicit for a long term project. That's min-maxing and if you're going to do that you might as well save for a base where you can go for 2 or even 3 implicits and try to get cast speed and either the explosion or increased spell/chaos damage.

"
dro0p wrote:
I'm not really happy with the initially proposed gem set-up so I want to change it around a bit.

question 1:
How can I add a 3 aura set-up with enlighten 4? I guess I need mana reservation, what's should I change in the tree?

Question 2:
Any other gem set-up suggestions?

Question 3:
How can I increase my defenses a bit? I feel my HP is a bit low, but not rly sure what to change.

You should be able to see my character.

Thanks in advance!

1: Unless you heavily invest in reduced mana res on the tree, I don't think you can squeeze in a 3rd aura. People including myself have been using the Devouring Diadem to get the extra reduced mana res to put a 3rd and potentially 4th aura in. They also path to the Sovereignty node in the Templar area.

2: Quality flip some of your gems and level something in the weapon swap as you're wasting the potential to get 21/20 gems there. Although it seems like currency isn't an issue for you.

3: If you're not going to use Diadem, I'd switch the Vertex for a Hubris that is fossil crafted to give enemies -chaos res, life, and whatever other stats you need. Push 2 more levels and you get another jewel socket on the tree which can have life. Your other rare jewel on tree has no life roll. Amulet has no life roll, and gloves can be essence crafted with Delirium to give 30% Damage Over Time to Socketed gems. Use a Fingerless Silk Gloves base, then isolate the essence mod, multimod, and add life, life/es% hybrid, +1 to AoE gems/increased AoE hybrid, and whatever last suffix you want. Then slot your Bane setup there as Bane and the Curses will get the +1. Last place to squeeze HP is to get a Stygian Vise and then get an Abyss Jewel that gives HP as well.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Mar 25, 2019, 1:49:16 PM
How viable is this build for a straight beginner starting on PS4 when it releases tomorrow?
I'd say very viable because you don't need that much gear.
But I've learned that PoE is quiet different from other games like this, for example Diablo 2 or 3. So if you don't understand anything feel free to ask here!

I've got another question about crafting:
I think I'll go for the dagger for shield charge. Though I rarely used it when I had it, I don't really want to miss the opportunity to use it if I change my mind.
So I want this dagger with the decay mod, how do I go about it?
- get 3 dagger with dead synth mods
- scour, regal, anul
- craft chaos damage on each
- synthesize for implicit chaos
- use essence

How do I get the essence mod isolated? Do I just spam anul and hope I don't hit the essence mod? This could get quite expensive...
"
Snoukz wrote:
I'd say very viable because you don't need that much gear.
But I've learned that PoE is quiet different from other games like this, for example Diablo 2 or 3. So if you don't understand anything feel free to ask here!

I've got another question about crafting:
I think I'll go for the dagger for shield charge. Though I rarely used it when I had it, I don't really want to miss the opportunity to use it if I change my mind.
So I want this dagger with the decay mod, how do I go about it?
- get 3 dagger with dead synth mods
- scour, regal, anul
- craft chaos damage on each
- synthesize for implicit chaos
- use essence

How do I get the essence mod isolated? Do I just spam anul and hope I don't hit the essence mod? This could get quite expensive...

It's an expensive gamble. After you use the essence you want to have 2 prefix 2 suffix. I'm pretty sure that's the minimum but if you get 2 prefix 1 suffix with the 1 being Decay that's the best. Anyways, with 2 prefix 2 suffix you craft Suffixes Cannot Be Changed (2ex) then scour. Then you Annul and hope you don't hit Decay or else you go back to the essence step.
That's too expensive for me I guess. I'll go with the non ailment over time damage and focus on other gear. Probably try that with the decay mod later!
Thanks for the explanation!
I'm sorry for being such a noob, this is my third league and I have never been able to kill shaper, I would appreciate any help from more experienced players.

Currently i'm (accidentally) using a hybrid of these two builds, I have 4k Health, 3.5K ES and 1.5k Mana. My defenses felt solid until I picked up Eldritch Battery. Does the increased dodge chance from Grace really make up for the loss of effective health from my big ES pool?

Could anyone tell me how I could salvage this character to push endgame bosses/ which items to upgrade first?

Thanks for your time,
I have a question. In the Life+MoM+EB build why do we have Flame Dash and Shield Charge? When do you use each of the two different movement skills?
"
haitike wrote:
I have a question. In the Life+MoM+EB build why do we have Flame Dash and Shield Charge? When do you use each of the two different movement skills?

Shield charge is used as our main movement skill, however it cannot leap over gaps or terrain. That's where we use flame dash, to get to places not accessible with shield charge.

Hope that helps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info