[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

is it worth to get essence worm? i mean ... 20 chaos atm :/
"
Yes. Especially if you plan to stick to Life+MoM.

Run some delves and build up currency fast. It's super easy especially if you're lacking the currency to buy upgrades.
Last edited by Ishabooo on Mar 12, 2019, 2:23:50 PM
well since I started to go around this build I will post my things. so I invested exactly 1C in this build (for 5l chest) and thats all. rest is SSF, I am not even maxed out on resist and running T5 maps confortably. Just now I am going to re-spec to MOM EB version and get some proper gears, max res and then wait for 6L. a little bothering is that usually yellow mobs die faster with 4L bane then soulrend :D but cant expect to one shot them anyway. boss dmg seems proper and safe.
ALso Apep rage is not so bad as it dropped in maps and replaced my ilvl 20 scepter :D
Spoiler
Can any one enlighten me on the Trickster vs Occultist Soulrend/bane?

From loooking at vídeos, builds and post, it seems that Occultist Soulrend greatly outclasses Trickster?

Just asking because I rolled a Trickster as my main to play as Soulrend, but have been leveling a Witch with my GF as well, and I have postponed the ascending on the Witch trying to figure out what is best.

Thanks in advance for replies
"

Worth it* And yes for MoM, no for MoM+EB.
"
Solkanari wrote:

From loooking at vídeos, builds and post, it seems that Occultist Soulrend greatly outclasses Trickster?

Just asking because I rolled a Trickster as my main to play as Soulrend, but have been leveling a Witch with my GF as well, and I have postponed the ascending on the Witch trying to figure out what is best.

trickster is dmg/speed version and occ is more defensive for ci? im not sure, but thats how i see it.

anyway.. do u guys think that CI trickster with cospris would work? i play mom (without EB, it sux if u dont have 6k hp+ imo) 4.2k life 3k ES, playing with ghost and artist ascendancies and i almost never drop below my energy shield pool. i clear red maps super easly 8mods+. literally every mod, i dont even read them now and i alch/vaal every t11+. my gear is pretty bad u can check my character and tell me what to focus on.

how much u think i can get energy shield with decent gears and cospris? cospris is about 340 energy shield, pretty low, but since i never played CI build idk how much i can get with that setup. i think 7k would satisfy me for start
Just wondering when it's safe/recommended to spec into EB? Currently using OK gear (e.g ~1300 evasion 5L chest), sitting on 4.3k life, 1260 ES.

Still on white maps as nothing's dropping for me, but not struggling with any content.
"
Solkanari wrote:

Trickster gets 26% increased cast speed from his ascendancy, which is the equivalent of level 36 faster casting support gem. Soulrend is really slow and feels incredibly bad with low cast speed. You basically get a free 7th link just from the cast speed bonuses. On top of that you get 50% increased damage over time from Patient Reaper, 20% more damage over time and 20% increased skill effect duration from Prolonged pain, which boost your damage even further. Occultists are good because you can easily scale curse effectiveness and area of effect, so most of them use Bane for clearing and Soulrend for single target, while we do the exact opposite here - Soulrend for clearing and Bane as a curse applicator and complementary skill.

"
Parhelius wrote:
Just wondering when it's safe/recommended to spec into EB? Currently using OK gear (e.g ~1300 evasion 5L chest), sitting on 4.3k life, 1260 ES.

Still on white maps as nothing's dropping for me, but not struggling with any content.
This is already answered in the FAQ section.

"
Hollycz wrote:
ALso Apep rage is not so bad as it dropped in maps and replaced my ilvl 20 scepter :D
Spoiler
Apep's Rage is an awful wand for the MoM build. It increases your mana cost, which in turn decreases how fast you recover your mana pool after taking a big hit. Not only this, but the stats are really mediocre. Any wand with just non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier mod will outperform this.

"
So, I can't recommend the MoM+EB version enough. It's really good. Very tanky. I love the changes to Ghost Dance.

Currently in red maps, just about to get by t14 shaper orb. It's all very fast, easy and fun.
It's funny how you came here before the league start calling the build flawed and blaming me for releasing something that wasn't tested. No hard feelings, I don't mean to offend you. How the tables have turned =)

"
GeneralDurph wrote:
By pob nunbers, what is considered “good” shaper dps with soulrend? Good as in definitely enough to down him without too much worry.
Screw pob numbers. The data there is very raw and doesn't factor in for many things. The 'good' shaper dps depends on how mechanically aware you are. Let's say anything above 250-300k is sufficient to farm it comfortably.

On a side note, I am currently working on another build which is really fun so far and I may release it to the public in the next couple of days, stay tuned! =)
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 12, 2019, 5:17:53 PM
"
Syreith wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

This is already answered in the FAQ section.

So it is! Thank you. Only about 800ES away then.

Thanks for the build, enjoying playing it :)
If I have a lot of cast speed. Is it better to have empower or swift affliction on my 6L chest? Asking because the less duration on swift affliction won't even matter with something like 90% more cast speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info