[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
HoschiBro wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:
What body armours would recommend to buy just for 5 link with low budget ( sthing about 50c )? Thinking about Cloak of Defiance, pretty easy to color, and sometimes price jumps to 40c for 5 link, but feels worse than other options. Kintsugi is very expensive atm, and getting 3 blue sockets on cospri's will/queen of the forest is going to cost a lot of chromas.
Also if someone have tried already, how much chromas it costs to get 3 blues on pure dex chest

3 blues is easy via crafting bench. 125 chromas for 3 blue and then up to 4 and hope for green and up to 5 and hope for green and up to 6 and hope for green. after that you have to link it, but 5l shouldn't be that hard to get.

but it costs about 500+ jewellers+125 chromas + linking, base item should be cheap

Vorici method is mostly useful for 4 socket base, hardly ever for 6 socket ones, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you use jewellers touch + 2b you spend 25c+17c in chromes on average, so makes it 42c total +base.
However if you do vorici method you spend 13c in chromes + assuming 500 jewellers makes it 41c and then you need to 5 link it which takes about 100 fusings so about 34c ( and it is slightly more since 5-linking 5 socket item is harder than 5-linking 6 socket item). That would make 13+41+34=88c. So using this method he would spend 2 times more on average for the same result AND this method is also more vulnerable to variance.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:
What body armours would recommend to buy just for 5 link with low budget ( sthing about 50c )? Thinking about Cloak of Defiance, pretty easy to color, and sometimes price jumps to 40c for 5 link, but feels worse than other options. Kintsugi is very expensive atm, and getting 3 blue sockets on cospri's will/queen of the forest is going to cost a lot of chromas.
Also if someone have tried already, how much chromas it costs to get 3 blues on pure dex chest

Since you have taken escape artist already, it's most likely a good idea to go for an evasion chest. Your rare one is pretty ok already, if you are looking for an upgrade you can either try to get a better rare one(these can get over 3k eva), out of uniques either kintsugi/cospri's will/queen of the forest/ hyrri's ire. I personally prefer hyrri's ire since it has highest evasion which is equivalent to about 500 ES chest to us as well as having 3k evasion. Dex on it helps with reaching high req, and dodge/spell dodge is yet another good defensive layer. If you go for the unique route I'd suggest buying a well-rolled base and then using jeweller's touch prophecy on it. In case of hyrri's they start from about 15c atm while good rolled are like 20-30c + 25c jewellers touch which should fit in your budget. In terms of colouring obviously pure dex chests can be a little rough, it kind of depends of how flexible are you willing to be in terms of support links. If you want specifically 3b 2g on hyrris it would take 160 chromes on average with 2B bench. Otherwise it's easier since I can think of setups like 2b 3g or 2b 2g 1r for example.

I wish i've looked here earlier, bought shitty 6 link chest for 20c, it's pretty bad, but with crafted evasion might be enough and it has 3b-2g-1r, but anyway your option is much better. Also what about crafting 3b-2g-1r. Idk how much chromas it will take with 3b spamming. And what rare chests can go over 3k evasion, is it even possible?
And how do you know how much chromas it will take in average, as far as i know all calculators are outdated asf, and i wasn't able to find formula for modern poe.
Last edited by Profatum on Mar 12, 2019, 6:35:16 AM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
HoschiBro wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

3 blues is easy via crafting bench. 125 chromas for 3 blue and then up to 4 and hope for green and up to 5 and hope for green and up to 6 and hope for green. after that you have to link it, but 5l shouldn't be that hard to get.

but it costs about 500+ jewellers+125 chromas + linking, base item should be cheap

Vorici method is mostly useful for 4 socket base, hardly ever for 6 socket ones, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you use jewellers touch + 2b you spend 25c+17c in chromes on average, so makes it 42c total +base.
However if you do vorici method you spend 13c in chromes + assuming 500 jewellers makes it 41c and then you need to 5 link it which takes about 100 fusings so about 34c ( and it is slightly more since 5-linking 5 socket item is harder than 5-linking 6 socket item). That would make 13+41+34=88c. So using this method he would spend 2 times more on average for the same result AND this method is also more vulnerable to variance.

Yes, you're right, but 5-linking a 6s chest giving you a chance to 6l it :)
"
Profatum wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

Since you have taken escape artist already, it's most likely a good idea to go for an evasion chest. Your rare one is pretty ok already, if you are looking for an upgrade you can either try to get a better rare one(these can get over 3k eva), out of uniques either kintsugi/cospri's will/queen of the forest/ hyrri's ire. I personally prefer hyrri's ire since it has highest evasion which is equivalent to about 500 ES chest to us as well as having 3k evasion. Dex on it helps with reaching high req, and dodge/spell dodge is yet another good defensive layer. If you go for the unique route I'd suggest buying a well-rolled base and then using jeweller's touch prophecy on it. In case of hyrri's they start from about 15c atm while good rolled are like 20-30c + 25c jewellers touch which should fit in your budget. In terms of colouring obviously pure dex chests can be a little rough, it kind of depends of how flexible are you willing to be in terms of support links. If you want specifically 3b 2g on hyrris it would take 160 chromes on average with 2B bench. Otherwise it's easier since I can think of setups like 2b 3g or 2b 2g 1r for example.

I wish i've looked here earlier, bought shitty 6 link chest for 20c, it's pretty bad, but with crafted evasion might be enough and it has 3b-2g-1r, but anyway your option is much better. Also what about crafting 3b-2g-1r. Idk how much chromas it will take with 3b spamming. And what rare chests can go over 3k evasion, is it even possible?
And how do you know how much chromas it will take in average, as far as i know all calculators are outdated asf, and i wasn't able to find formula for modern poe.

Just use vorici calculator, formulas described in description aren't outdated
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Speaking of rare chests, it is possible to get 4k evasion. This would require zodiac leather base +t1%eva +t1%eva hybrid +t1 flat eva +delve suffix % eva and 30% from perfect fossils. That would obviously be top tier chest, but the main reason you don't see such chests is because there is low demand for them. Looking at es vaal regalias and how many people spam dense fossils there are many more on the market obviously. Still, looking at potential 4k eva it means obviously 4k eva as well as 666es. And other than that getting over 3k with dense fossils is pretty easy.
Last edited by Grozaa on Mar 12, 2019, 7:28:38 AM
So overall, is it smart to drop soulrend and put bane in The 6L?
"
fabi06 wrote:

It isn't 'smart', this is all about personal preference of playstyle and comes down to testing the skill yourself. There are some merits for both skills, though it should be noted that bane fits occultits more due to occultists having easier access and some benefits related with curses, while soulrend fits trickster more since it benefits more from cast speed, which trickster has plenty. You can of course play both skills having one on 6l and other on 4l but basically the 4l is only the support and you still are supposed to mainly clear with one skill of choice.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
fabi06 wrote:

It isn't 'smart', this is all about personal preference of playstyle and comes down to testing the skill yourself. There are some merits for both skills, though it should be noted that bane fits occultits more due to occultists having easier access and some benefits related with curses, while soulrend fits trickster more since it benefits more from cast speed, which trickster has plenty. You can of course play both skills having one on 6l and other on 4l but basically the 4l is only the support and you still are supposed to mainly clear with one skill of choice.

Exactly, on Tricksters, the Bane Setup ist good for bosses, one click, two/three curses + Dot.
So right now I'm seeing a million different variations of the trickster/chaos damage build. I'm thinking I'm going to land on Soulrend as the main skill, blight spell totems with Spreading Rot jewels, and Bane with 2/3 Curses. The rest of the build I'm looking to get feedback on.

I was thinking about Malevolence in Essence Worm, Cospri's will for making bane 3-curse linked, and doing a CwDT linked to Immortal Call and Cold Snap (for frenzy charges). I currently have Prolonged Pain, Patient Reaper, Ghost Dance and Escape Artist, but I'm thinking I could do Swift Killer instead of Prolonged Pain to get frenzy charges which would maybe free up the cold snap (since thats how i generate frenzy charges currently).

Apart from that choice, what are you guys doing for weapons? I don't know if I want to do the unique ezomyte staff, since having a shield does help with defenses (and, y'know.... staves.) . Right now I'm just using a heartbreaker, but that's gotta get updated at some point soon. Would the BiS upgrade be a crafted wand/dagger? I'm not sure how expensive a decent one would be. Any thoughts would be helpful.
IGN:JihadForAllahPraiseHim
So, I can't recommend the MoM+EB version enough. It's really good. Very tanky. I love the changes to Ghost Dance.

Currently in red maps, just about to get by t14 shaper orb. It's all very fast, easy and fun.

As for above post, I'm pretty sure ultimately you want a essence +multi crafted Sai. Until then, you're looking for a welfare Sai with spell damage /chaos damage/damage over time, or Breath of the Council...or w/e else you like. I agree, shield is too good of a slot to give up ( es or evasion, or both? and life)

PS: no idea why some are talking about walking around doing Bane, Bane, Bane. Soul Rend should be wiping out everything+ off screening. If it's not, ...something is up with your set up.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 12, 2019, 10:23:36 AM
"
So, I can't recommend the MoM+EB version enough. It's really good.

I've been mulling over eldritch battery. I'm assuming it's power comes in when you're reserving all your mana with other auras? If I use Malevolence in an essence worm and then add Grace as an aura, do you think this is worth it to run up to eldritch battery? Or should I just not use essence worm so I can have 2 50% auras running.
IGN:JihadForAllahPraiseHim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info