[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Jialen wrote:
Might be a stupid question. But why take Shield charge over Flame dash or another "teleport skill"?

OP stated already that he use it to get fortify (extra defence) and culling strike (QoL and "damage"). It's a valid option if you are using a dagger.

I personally prefer a flame dash- faster casting for jumping in the memory voids. To compensate the loss of a defence layer, I'm using the suggestion from someone else in the forum with CwDt-IC-BV-Blind. It's not perfect, but it does help from time to time.

tldr; is a matter of personal taste
What do you think about Cane of Unravelling as a second 6L. The idea would be 6L Soulrend in the Staff and 6L Bane with 2 Curse in the Chest.
This gear combined with acrobatics and phase acrobatics as well as Swift Killer and Weave the Arcane
You can clear maps pretty easily with Bane and use Soulrend as a Singletarget on bosses or harder mob packs.
"
What do you think about Cane of Unravelling as a second 6L. The idea would be 6L Soulrend in the Staff and 6L Bane with 2 Curse in the Chest.
This gear combined with acrobatics and phase acrobatics as well as Swift Killer and Weave the Arcane
You can clear maps pretty easily with Bane and use Soulrend as a Singletarget on bosses or harder mob packs.

I was thinking the same. I would even go Kaoms heart for the MOM version and use bane on 4L (maybe pseudo 5L if possible), and use Soulrend in 6L staff. Other option is to have a 5L and a 6L Canes and swap between setups. Third option is like yous said, 6L armor and 6L staff. Would like to hear what the others think, this is my first DOT build
Last edited by babicko on Mar 11, 2019, 9:01:14 AM
How does the build handle delve and darkness diving?
I feel that the EB+MoM build you have setup is nice, especially if you go for Queen of the Forrest, but some ES nodes you can skip, for instance "Unnatural Calm" and "Void barrier" (only the evasion is usefull, but not as a stand-alone).
Also, Dual Wielding is so much better with this build, you have enought defences as is and dual wielding opens up the Strongest cluster on the passive Tree == "Dark Arts" (a bunch of movemend speed, attack/cast speed and movemend skill recovery).
It is also worth it to Route through the far north instead of at the bottom as that opens up the second dual wield cluster if you choose to go that way and a 2 point jewel slot.
To end this, do not overlook Area effect, Swift Affliction with a bunch of Area damage does silly amounts of damage on Soulrend and makes mapping even faster: "Arcane Expanse" cluster and "Amplify" (only the travel node to and Amplify).

It is a shame Diadem will be this hard to get this League, else that opens up a 4 aura build..

I like the Ituitive Leap addition, just a shame Power Charges are useless for us (unless you take Spell damage per power charge 1 noder above "Instability"
guys why dou all think that EB is fantastic. i tried with EB and without and i can say i dont like EB at all. i have 50% mana reserved. around 1k unreserved mana and thats all i need for MoM (at least for now).

without EB i have 4.2k life and almost 3k ES and survi seems great. with eb i feel like i lose tons of defenses.
i almost never reach my life pool without EB thanks to reworked trickster and with EB my life jumps down way too often.
This is my gear, i have a bit diffrent tree aswell, but dont feel like changing it atm:

Last edited by 3ryk on Mar 11, 2019, 9:34:25 AM
"
Syreith wrote:
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
i got a 6 socket cospir will today and i feel like thats by far the best chest for this build. it saves you 4 passive points and mine doesnt even have a great evasion roll but still has 1900 evasion.

Just gott link it and somehow get 4b 2g. RIP.
Spoiler

Also something to think about for people who run wand instead of dagger, like i do.

with wand you cant shield charge, so its flame dash all the way which is fine bedcause it doesnt suck as much as it used to. But obviously that may make you slightly slower around the map and takes away the shield charge>fortify defense.

So i decided on this..

Cwdt > IC > Blade Vortex > Blind

If enemies even get close to you, they proc cwdt and get blinded by the blade vortex. Just an extra layer of defense because so far it doesnt seem like this build is lacking in damage at all.

Use Unleash as the 6th link, don't try to recolor it. Also don't remove the Whispers of Doom cluster, use tri-curse setup with your bane(despair+temp chains+enfeeble).

unleash is my planned 6th link. i think thats a great support gem for this skill. Right now the Cospri is just 6g so thats why i need 4b and 2g. that's alot of off color sockets

Soulrend > GMP > Void Manipulation > Controlled Destruction > Efficacy > Unleash

I dont agree with so many people using Swift affliction, the duration is already super short and you're making it worse by doing.

a 3 curse Bane would be cool but in a build that primarily uses Soul Rend I dunno if it's really worth it. Bane wrecks face even 3L with 1 curse as a support skill so with 2 curses it'll probably be insane. For a Bane build it's no question you go for 3 curses but Id' probably spend those 4 points on some ES nodes nearby or something for defense to assist with late game bosses. I guess I'll have to try it out when i can
I'm having problems with bosses, i'm doing very low damage to them, atm i'm 4 link, but i'm struggling with tier8-9 bosses. Also low dps against bosses enables another one flaw, no leech or regen, when you have no constant healing it's headache in long boss fights. Yeah, there is cerberus link, but there is only 1 guy here who's wearing it, others do not, and seem to be okay. Also it's stated as budget decision, but what you are gonna do without it after you switch to crafted dagger?
Also as previous post mentioned, i'm not sure that eldritch battery is good, our hp is low , and we have no issues with mana anyway.
"
Profatum wrote:
I'm having problems with bosses, i'm doing very low damage to them, atm i'm 4 link, but i'm struggling with tier8-9 bosses. Also low dps against bosses enables another one flaw, no leech or regen, when you have no constant healing it's headache in long boss fights. Yeah, there is cerberus link, but there is only 1 guy here who's wearing it, others do not, and seem to be okay. Also it's stated as budget decision, but what you are gonna do without it after you switch to crafted dagger?
Also as previous post mentioned, i'm not sure that eldritch battery is good, our hp is low , and we have no issues with mana anyway.

Are you using Bane(with atleast despair) and spell totem + Wither? Those are huge single target damage buffs. Anything that lives through my soulrend gets a bane+soul rend and just melts away.

EB is usefull if you want to run auras. I run Malevolence + Grace. thats 100% mana reservation. So EB allows me to still cast and with MoM that ES still protects me. I'm 84 and have yet to see it being an issue.

this is where i am now and I feel anything but weak/squishy

https://pastebin.com/Fiue6zVs
"
Profatum wrote:

Get a 5L ASAP and a Wither - Mult. Totems - faster casting setup. Both will greatly boost your dps against bosses.

Also get some mov. speed on your boots, as we are a movility/evasion build. Is nice to evade but it's nicer to never get hit *taps forehead*

The EB doesn't have to do with mana issues. We use EB in order to reserve 100% of our mana. We put malevolence and grace. Those two auras will also help you against bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info