[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
ttomcatto wrote:
Spoiler
"
Syreith wrote:
"
gkp123 wrote:
Is Kintsugi your top chest piece choice for the EB version? I'm leaning heavily towards buying that.
I just bought one for myself(35c 5L in hardcore). The 20% less damage taken will be only active for the first hit you receive and then go on icd for 4 seconds(recently). But if you haven't been hit recently, it will reduce all damage which doesn't hit(examples: lab saws, shaper vortex balls). The more evasion you have, the better this chest works. If you want something more consistent, cloak of defiance is an excellent option, cherrubim's maleficence gives nice offensive boost, cospri's will gives +1 curse. Fox's fortune is also good. Qotf for movement speed. Just pick whatever you like.

what would be your go-to's in a ci build?
Fox's fortune seems like a good choice because you will always be on full life and the bonuses will be active all the time. Hyrri's Ire has close to 3k evasion and some dodge, you can check it as well.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 10, 2019, 7:51:49 PM
Thanks a lot for this build, can’t wait to try it out.
Quick question since I’m pretty much a noob: is there a point to linking the three auras (Vaal haste/grace and clarity)? Or is it also fine to keep them unlinked? Thanks!
"
phexifa wrote:
"
RythTheYoshi wrote:
Using your guide as a starter, its been awesome so far.

What's your thought on replacing the wither totems with blight totems, and using a Spreading Rot? I find my single target damage skyrocketed using one jewel and plopping two-three blight totems on top of a boss.

How do the totems survive?

I haven't had much problems with the totem's quick deaths, and when they do its usually right when the target dies so its fine.
"
Phantom917 wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build, can’t wait to try it out.
Quick question since I’m pretty much a noob: is there a point to linking the three auras (Vaal haste/grace and clarity)? Or is it also fine to keep them unlinked? Thanks!
No, they don't need to be linked. Note that vaal haste and vaal are used only for their temporary buffs, you don't reserve them on your mana.
"
RythTheYoshi wrote:
"
phexifa wrote:
"
RythTheYoshi wrote:

What's your thought on replacing the wither totems with blight totems, and using a Spreading Rot? I find my single target damage skyrocketed using one jewel and plopping two-three blight totems on top of a boss.

How do the totems survive?

I haven't had much problems with the totem's quick deaths, and when they do its usually right when the target dies so its fine.

I just looked up what spreading rot does... thanks for the tip man :D
Managed to get myself a pretty nice one hander and OK ES/Life/Evasion gear to transition into EB.

I'm pretty much geared to clear red maps right now so no need to upgrade much else till the big purchases like 6link chest.

Gear atm:

Last edited by phexifa on Mar 10, 2019, 9:58:20 PM
"
Syreith wrote:
"
gkp123 wrote:
Is Kintsugi your top chest piece choice for the EB version? I'm leaning heavily towards buying that.
I just bought one for myself(35c 5L in hardcore). The 20% less damage taken will be only active for the first hit you receive and then go on icd for 4 seconds(recently). But if you haven't been hit recently, it will reduce all damage which doesn't hit(examples: lab saws, shaper vortex balls). The more evasion you have, the better this chest works. If you want something more consistent, cloak of defiance is an excellent option, cherrubim's maleficence gives nice offensive boost, cospri's will gives +1 curse. Fox's fortune is also good. Qotf for movement speed. Just pick whatever you like.

The Perfect Form is, well...perfect for this.
i got a 6 socket cospir will today and i feel like thats by far the best chest for this build. it saves you 4 passive points and mine doesnt even have a great evasion roll but still has 1900 evasion.

Just gott link it and somehow get 4b 2g. RIP.

Also something to think about for people who run wand instead of dagger, like i do.

with wand you cant shield charge, so its flame dash all the way which is fine bedcause it doesnt suck as much as it used to. But obviously that may make you slightly slower around the map and takes away the shield charge>fortify defense.

So i decided on this..

Cwdt > IC > Blade Vortex > Blind

If enemies even get close to you, they proc cwdt and get blinded by the blade vortex. Just an extra layer of defense because so far it doesnt seem like this build is lacking in damage at all.
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Mar 11, 2019, 12:21:15 AM
I think this is one of my favorite builds of all time, clears so freakin fast. Respeccing to EB now that I have this gear. Got lucky with a couple of drops and someone selling the QOTF w/ 3b sockets for like 35c.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
i got a 6 socket cospir will today and i feel like thats by far the best chest for this build. it saves you 4 passive points and mine doesnt even have a great evasion roll but still has 1900 evasion.

Just gott link it and somehow get 4b 2g. RIP.
Spoiler

Also something to think about for people who run wand instead of dagger, like i do.

with wand you cant shield charge, so its flame dash all the way which is fine bedcause it doesnt suck as much as it used to. But obviously that may make you slightly slower around the map and takes away the shield charge>fortify defense.

So i decided on this..

Cwdt > IC > Blade Vortex > Blind

If enemies even get close to you, they proc cwdt and get blinded by the blade vortex. Just an extra layer of defense because so far it doesnt seem like this build is lacking in damage at all.

Use Unleash as the 6th link, don't try to recolor it. Also don't remove the Whispers of Doom cluster, use tri-curse setup with your bane(despair+temp chains+enfeeble).

"
Spoiler
"
Syreith wrote:
"
gkp123 wrote:

The Perfect Form is, well...perfect for this.
Apart from the fact that arctic armour is practically useless and that we will most probably go to acro+phase acro anyway in the near future, you can use it if that's what you have.

"
RythTheYoshi wrote:

You can all replace Wither with Blight and put one Spreading Rot jewel somewhere in your tree. Great tip by RythTheYoshi. I will update the guide later today.

On a side note, I still can't decide if using Unleash as a main link is worth it. I suggest all of you guys try it for yourselves and give me some feedback. Seems pretty good to me so far. =)
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 11, 2019, 3:12:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info