[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Does storm's gift goes well in this build?
Am I blind? Where are the PoB links?

Edit: I am indeed blind.
Last edited by Aytumious on Mar 11, 2019, 11:26:32 AM
"
"
Jialen wrote:
Might be a stupid question. But why take Shield charge over Flame dash or another "teleport skill"?

OP stated already that he use it to get fortify (extra defence) and culling strike (QoL and "damage"). It's a valid option if you are using a dagger.

I personally prefer a flame dash- faster casting for jumping in the memory voids. To compensate the loss of a defence layer, I'm using the suggestion from someone else in the forum with CwDt-IC-BV-Blind. It's not perfect, but it does help from time to time.

tldr; is a matter of personal taste

Using shield charge requires maces/daggers etc. But aren't maces pretty much excluded for sure, since their implicit is elemental damage usually which doesnt help us at all? A dagger could be ok but even then, dots cant crit so again the implicits are useless. Wands seem like the best choice for the build, either DW wand or wand/shield.
You are using both CwDt - IC - increased duration AND CwDt-IC-BV-blind or one of them?
"
Syreith wrote:
Apart from the fact that arctic armour is practically useless and that we will most probably go to acro+phase acro anyway in the near future, you can use it if that's what you have.

The thing with evasion is eventually you get hit. Arctic Armour isn't "useless". Also, why would you want to lose 30% ES? It fits very well with the build but ok.
Maybe is already asked but didn't see it so. Why you don't use the Potency of Will increased skill duration nodes, it's 45% increased duration for soulrend, it's not worth it or what?
"
Darkblade97 wrote:
Maybe is already asked but didn't see it so. Why you don't use the Potency of Will increased skill duration nodes, it's 45% increased duration for soulrend, it's not worth it or what?

45% will give you only 0.18 sec duration, so...
Last edited by m3tal1k on Mar 11, 2019, 12:44:41 PM
"
canernm wrote:
"
"
Jialen wrote:
Might be a stupid question. But why take Shield charge over Flame dash or another "teleport skill"?

OP stated already that he use it to get fortify (extra defence) and culling strike (QoL and "damage"). It's a valid option if you are using a dagger.

I personally prefer a flame dash- faster casting for jumping in the memory voids. To compensate the loss of a defence layer, I'm using the suggestion from someone else in the forum with CwDt-IC-BV-Blind. It's not perfect, but it does help from time to time.

tldr; is a matter of personal taste

Using shield charge requires maces/daggers etc. But aren't maces pretty much excluded for sure, since their implicit is elemental damage usually which doesnt help us at all? A dagger could be ok but even then, dots cant crit so again the implicits are useless. Wands seem like the best choice for the build, either DW wand or wand/shield.
You are using both CwDt - IC - increased duration AND CwDt-IC-BV-blind or one of them?

Yes, wands are in my opinion the best for the build, but you can NOT shield charge with wands. Therefore some prefer to run with a dagger only because they have a higher attacks per second base than maces. I agree that in both cases you loose the implicits.

I only use a 4L CwDt-IC-BV-Blind setup.
By the way, how you deal with strength/dexterity requirments. I had to take dex nodes and get jade amulet just to use body armour, and then i decided to buy cerberus+remorse combination, and i dicovered that shield required 159 str. It's 70 str more than i currently have, and i've spent all my space/skill points to get enough dex.
Even on PoB you have only 70 str, with a Lioneye's Remorse equipped though, even you can't use it.
Last edited by Profatum on Mar 11, 2019, 1:01:23 PM
"
"
Syreith wrote:
Apart from the fact that arctic armour is practically useless and that we will most probably go to acro+phase acro anyway in the near future, you can use it if that's what you have.

The thing with evasion is eventually you get hit. Arctic Armour isn't "useless".
It's useless. The damage reduction is only for hits and if you are static. Ghost shrouds already give you an overall better version of arctic armour.

"
Also, why would you want to lose 30% ES? It fits very well with the build but ok.
Because you can easily make up for the es lost with your items.
Sorry if this has been answered, noticed in your leveling section you have bane linked as Secondary skill: Bane(1L)+Despair(2L)+Enfeeble/Temporal Chains(3L)+Controlled Destruction(4L), does this mean we go straight for whispers of doom (before atrophy and mom) after taking written in blood in the leveling tree?
Last edited by 7itachi7 on Mar 11, 2019, 1:29:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info