[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Essem wrote:
If im reading the soulrend correctly it can apply the dot multiple times as it passes through an enemy. So the slower it goes the more "ticks" it will get.

But essentially if you cast fast enough there shouldnt be any downtime on the dot. So either you get fast enough cast speed or you want a slow projectile no?

It's a 100% more multiplier in an ideal world, pretty much. Assume your DoT lasts .4s. If we assume that from the millisecond you release the skill it's hitting, that means if you cannot cast for another .6 seconds, you were effectively doing 40% possible damage in a second. If for example, your cast speed is .5, then you're able to get 2 attacks off in a second, IE .8/1s is utilized by DoT. So, if your cast was so slow that you couldn't cast two SR's in one second, and the base duration of your DoT's first + second tick is better than simply casting a second to get the most utility out of a full second, then it's doing more damage, and this is not even factoring in the damage loss from not having a more multiplier.

Well what should be done apart from Slower Proj then?
"

Well what should be done apart from Slower Proj then?

As OP has stated in his gems, I don't see any issue with

SR -> Void Manipulation -> GMP/Swift Affliction -> Efficacy -> Controlled Destruction -> Empower 3/4.
Hello

Sorry, this may be a silly question however I'm not a great player.

Following the passive trees for leveling, there is a large gap between the link for 14, and for 31. How are node skipped like this?

Thanks
Karl
"
karlallen wrote:
Hello

Sorry, this may be a silly question however I'm not a great player.

Following the passive trees for leveling, there is a large gap between the link for 14, and for 31. How are node skipped like this?

Thanks
Karl

This guide was written before the passive tree changes, which only showed up a few hours ago when Synthesis opened.

Build hasn't been updated yet to account for that, be patient. Meanwhile, you can "bridge the gap" yourself while following the guide. Personally I'd recommend bridging up and ignoring the stuff to the right on all early leveling trees, only going up and left, until the guide is updated.
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
I have a couple questions, first why do you prefer trickster over occultist? and also what does that build use to keep mana to spam skills?

The ascendancy keeps you in check for this. You can level with bane and it takes literally no mana to spam cast. Once you get your first lab i would recommend that you pick "Patient Reaper" first. It will handle your mana by itself with SR + GMP.
This build is incredible. I'm currently level 74, just got my tabula FINALLLY. But SR was absolutely wrecking everything from the second I equipped it. Even on a shit 4 link from 28-74 I was insta-ing all mobs but bosses which died incredibly fast once I buffed my damage properly with bane + double wither totems. Second ascendancy for the cast speed makes it even nicer. It's definitely a good speed clear skill, not sure why people are talking out there ass saying it's bad. Bane is definitely good as well but not for clear speed. I can one click the entire screen with SR while bane would take me 3-4 casts to clear all stragglers. SR leaves nothing behind. Looking forward to the big respec to EB MoM and taking it into endgame.
Last edited by Seananigans_ on Mar 9, 2019, 2:06:31 AM
"
This build is incredible. I'm currently level 74, just got my tabula FINALLLY. But SR was absolutely wrecking everything from the second I equipped it. Even on a shit 4 link from 28-74 I was insta-ing all mobs but bosses which died incredibly fast once I buffed my damage properly with bane + double wither totems. Second ascendancy for the cast speed makes it even nicer. It's definitely a good speed clear skill, not sure why people are talking out there ass saying it's bad. Bane is definitely good as well but not for clear speed. I can one click the entire screen with SR while bane would take me 3-4 casts to clear all stragglers. SR leaves nothing behind. Looking forward to the big respec to EB MoM and taking it into endgame.

Congrats. I'm at 66 and I've had the same experience as you. SR has been crushing everything through the acts. I used Bane mostly as a finisher or on smaller white packs.

What gems did you run with 4L SR? I've been going with GMP, Controlled Destruction and Efficacy for both single- and multi-target.
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I played for around two hours last night and finished A4. Everything feels incredibly smooth, I am currently uploading The Harvest run video so those who wonder how the build feels can get an actual taste before rolling it. The video should be up in around 15 minutes. I will update the passive skill trees now. Also a bit later I will address all of the mechanic questions and possible gem links.

Edit: All skill trees are updated. No passive points have been lost.

Edit 2: The video is up - A4 The Harvest run + Malachai Kill - Leveling Demonstration. My pathing is not optimal around the lethal assault area, check the pob links for proper pathing.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 9, 2019, 3:37:34 AM
Hey quick question, any reason on why you chose to keep CWDT at level 8 and Immortal Call at level 10?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info