[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Hey thanks so much for this guide, I've been using it for my first real build (Soulrend / Bane) and am starting to push in to red maps. I see people are really great about offering help with gear upgrades and was wondering what my next steps would be... I'm not sure if I want to go EB but I do have a Devouring Diadem in case. I have a 15ex budget right now.

Spoiler

"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
planning to use a soulrend trickster for flashback. I noticed a lot of them are using bows. Whats the pros and cons using bows over wands?

I was using phase run and alchemist quicksilver flask of adrenaline for the first time. On my Winter Orb build. The movespeed is just crazy and seems hard to play without now. Why not fit it into this build? Or maybe with QoTF its not needed?

If you look at those bows, the insane ones allow upto lvl 32 Souldrend/Bane with Empower lvl 4 if memory serves correct. That's some seriously insane damage.
Also you get another 6 link along with your body armour and quiver can give you lots of other good stats too such as life, res, etc....

so Is bow better, but just more expensive?
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
planning to use a soulrend trickster for flashback. I noticed a lot of them are using bows. Whats the pros and cons using bows over wands?

I was using phase run and alchemist quicksilver flask of adrenaline for the first time. On my Winter Orb build. The movespeed is just crazy and seems hard to play without now. Why not fit it into this build? Or maybe with QoTF its not needed?

If you look at those bows, the insane ones allow upto lvl 32 Souldrend/Bane with Empower lvl 4 if memory serves correct. That's some seriously insane damage.
Also you get another 6 link along with your body armour and quiver can give you lots of other good stats too such as life, res, etc....

so Is bow better, but just more expensive?

Bows are quite expensive and also harder to make (you need several attemps at Synthesis crafting, then multimod, then 6L and recolour, etc).

Therefore, for a short "league" as flashback, I would recommend you to stick with wands. Wands will allow you to do all content (Did Uber Elder myself why dual wielding). Bows are just more damage, but in no way required. Even if you would manage to get a lot of money at the beginning of the flashback, you won't find many bows for sale, because it won't be enough time for people to craft a lot of bows.

Cheers
"
Toomanylions wrote:
Hey thanks so much for this guide, I've been using it for my first real build (Soulrend / Bane) and am starting to push in to red maps. I see people are really great about offering help with gear upgrades and was wondering what my next steps would be... I'm not sure if I want to go EB but I do have a Devouring Diadem in case. I have a 15ex budget right now.

Spoiler

If you want more damage, you may want to dual wield wands. As for the wands, with your budget you could get two multimoded ones. Those will take you up to endgame. As for survivability you may want to sacrifice the speed of your Vaal Haste for the evasion of Vaal Grace.

Also check if you get more dps replacing the empower for either Controlled Destruction or Void Manipulation.

Finally you may also want to take a look at some nice Watcher's Eye. This is but, in my opinion, something to leave last.

Non-Ailment Chaos damage over time Multiplier is really important in this build, when you already have enough %increased damage.

Cheers
This is my second character (1st being a Tendrils with Arc channeling Inquisitor build) and holy hell, I feel pretty powerful at the moment but I'm seeing there are lots of ways to diverge from the set up and tweak this build into insane levels.

I thought I played alot but y'all are talking about all this currency ya got to spend and its mind blowing. I've picked up a few decent uniques and manage to work them in like Soul Mantle with Multiple Totems and Blight (may pick up a Self Flagellation jewel temporarily) to get me into the end game.

Where are most of y'all grinding the currency?
"

If you want more damage, you may want to dual wield wands. As for the wands, with your budget you could get two multimoded ones. Those will take you up to endgame. As for survivability you may want to sacrifice the speed of your Vaal Haste for the evasion of Vaal Grace.

Also check if you get more dps replacing the empower for either Controlled Destruction or Void Manipulation.

Finally you may also want to take a look at some nice Watcher's Eye. This is but, in my opinion, something to leave last.

Non-Ailment Chaos damage over time Multiplier is really important in this build, when you already have enough %increased damage.

Cheers

Wow thanks so much for the response. I have decided to utilize my Devouring Diadem and swapped over to the EB build. I know I am a little low on life and ES but I am working towards getting those higher. I'm already loving the speed and damage so far.

Here is my new set up:
Spoiler

I am working on getting that Watcher's Eye, that 40% soulbane helm enchant, and a second multimodded wand. Do you see any other ways I can improve my hp/es?

Thanks again for all the help.
Last edited by Toomanylions on May 8, 2019, 11:59:27 PM
Hi, I'm playing SSF and have awesome survivability (9.9k EHP) but feel like I lack DPS for end game bosses.

any suggestions?
https://pastebin.com/VyrjeAKc

Last edited by Reed2017 on May 9, 2019, 6:30:54 AM
"
Toomanylions wrote:
"

Cheers

Wow thanks so much for the response. I have decided to utilize my Devouring Diadem and swapped over to the EB build. I know I am a little low on life and ES but I am working towards getting those higher. I'm already loving the speed and damage so far.

Here is my new set up:
Spoiler

I am working on getting that Watcher's Eye, that 40% soulbane helm enchant, and a second multimodded wand. Do you see any other ways I can improve my hp/es?

Thanks again for all the help.

I'd look towards using your Diadem for your aura's (Malevolence/Zealotry/Grace/Discipline/etc) along with reduced mana reservation nodes on the tree.
Really helps your damage and ability to survive better.
I was able to do Shaper quite easily with my current setup and that's without any helm enchant or Watchers Eye.
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:

I'd look towards using your Diadem for your aura's (Malevolence/Zealotry/Grace/Discipline/etc) along with reduced mana reservation nodes on the tree.
Really helps your damage and ability to survive better.
I was able to do Shaper quite easily with my current setup and that's without any helm enchant or Watchers Eye.

That will help so much with my resistances since it frees up a ring slot, thank you! I will look at those nodes as well. This forum has been a huge help I can't thank you guys enough
Hey. Here's my midleague feedback.
I've been running this build for the whole league. Been able to clear almost every content except deep aul. got 1.6kk dot shaper dps according to pob. Now i'm at level 94 without any rotas or exp leeching. I've changed alot of gear during levelling and i came up with what i have atm. Playing Life + EB version without diadem.
Spoiler

(for long hh buffs)
(for bosses)
I crafted helmet, rings, gloves, rare amulet and wands myself. wands are not that good, but i don't really need better ones anyway
Planning to get onslaught boots next i guess

I'm at 5163 life, 1012 es and full mana reserve with this gear. Killed uelder deathless multiple times while area was completely clear, so i guess i'm more than happy with this gear.
TY again for this guide.
Last edited by Bashirskiy on May 17, 2019, 12:30:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info