Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Okay... The fact that most of the comments here are negative is completely baffling me. Lets go on a small journey together to figure out what would happen if your wishes were granted and Betrayal league were to cease to exist.

A: Remember Vorici? Open target's chest without killing him? Kill target without killing his guards? What about Caterina with her superbly annoying missions? What about Haku which basically demands that you clear a zone and at least half of his missions involves an insane amount of back-tracking. Remember Zana missions being completely and utterly random and often quite worthless? Remember level 8 masters and the PAIN people went through to level them up? Remember the dozens of posts EVERY SINGLE LEAGUE complaining about how crafting recipes were locked behind INSANELY BORING TASKS. -- I guess you don't because that's what you're begging to have back.

B: Betryal added so much amazing content to the game that delighted almost everyone. I say almost cause there are those that just whine and cry about anything. More customization for your maps, new and freaky awesome maps to run, more boss encounters, and more diversity in your gaming experience. -- Do you guys really want to get rid of Scarabs, Enhanced Breachstones, Safehouses in General, Talisman crafting, and the whole slew of other interesting content? OF COURSE IT'S NERFED! That's what the LEAGUE IS!

I could go on and on, but I highly suspect 99% of the people quoting my post won't even bother reading it as it is. So this is a letter to those of you with even a molecule of common sense. Just think about what you're asking.

One more major issues about syndicates is that doing bridge syndicates are almost as rewarding as doing a super deadly t16 Elder map syndicates.

Betrayal has as bad of a reward concept as all the previous leagues, like Incursion speed temple building in story maps in favor of double corruption alter , and low delve fast fossil farming beats the shit out of deep delving because the fossil drops the same while the travel cost is 1/10th.
These design problem keeps persists for every new league mechanic, punishing end game in favour of low mindless contents.

Yet t16 elder syndicates are way overscaled for non top tier op builds. It is never worth actively going for them in risk of losing 10% xp. (Not to mention they drastically increase xp requirement from 96~100 a year ago just because some top racers get to lv100 too efficiently. Like what?)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Feb 22, 2019, 1:25:46 PM
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Any whale gamer who joins the game now will see that people who played in Betrayal had it easy and they will turn 360 degrees and walk away to a different ARPG.

I think you mean 180.
I am floored that Betrayal is going core. That was one of the worst league I've played.

It seems that GGG is not realizing that the great number of players who played in 3.5 is, as someone mentionned earlier, more about Blizzard fans leaving the Diablo franchise than the quality of the league.

I really wish they'd scrap the whole thing.

Also, Delving is cool, stop nerfing sulphite gains.
Betrayal was a good idea for a league. That's it keep it out of the core game. Just more garbage to avoid while playing. The Syndicate is a complicated mess of a mechanic and with nerfed rewards nobody cares and nobody will grind safehouses. You showed the numbers during the league and nobody cared about killing the mastermind.
So, will crafting reset? Do we need to start from scratch in Standard and now Syndicates there if we ever wanna craft or SSF? Now start from scratch there?
Seriously??
I really don't like this :/
Little bit more rip for HC Q_Q
yeah that is one of the worst manifests i've read here.

it is lacking reasoning and explanations why something was done. that should be the most important part of a dev manifest, without it you can just post some patch notes.

also, there is obviously a fundamental lack of understanding that delve is not just some league mechanics people will forget about. it's so different and proposes such a different experience GGG should promote it instead of macking it even harder to play.

overall very disappointed with the decisions presented here.
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
How are you supposed to have time to do all the masters as well as the current league mechanic? At least the other core mechanics are fun or have some challenge, betrayal is just a boring shitshow of random RIPs.
We need the betrayal mechanics in the main game as much as toothache or a boil in the ass.
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.
"
Fluffylife wrote:
I think betrayal is one league i would have been happy with not going core..

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info