Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

You fucked up.
I dont know why are people complaining so much. This was amazing league and i was almost 100% sure it will go core. Well I see a lot of people with 10 or less challenges done complaining here so they havent even played the game enough. Cant wait for next league.
But why.

Last edited by pencilsketch on Feb 22, 2019, 3:40:00 AM
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
Frogfriend wrote:
Delving is the only thing that makes the league worth playing longer than 2 weeks (...)

Yeah, I wish they'd just rebalance delving and remove the sulphite requirement entirely. There needs to be an ALTERNATIVE to the Atlas that players can run non-stop if they so desire.

this!
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Last edited by vonMoselberg on Feb 22, 2019, 1:47:21 AM
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:
So much community backlash because something was nerfed, but if GGG keeps upping the ante the community complains anyways. Seems to me like they shouldn't listen to us for any balance considerations.

It would be entirely reasonable for them to nerf Delve rewards in some way. The uproar stems from players not being in control of what content they want to do, but instead being forced to do ALL content in tiny rng-gated portions.

Exactly this. I have limited time as i have other stuff in my life as well. So when i play PoE i want to run bestiary and incursion for instance. And be able to craft without needed to farm betrayal and exalts through trading first (fuck ssf crafting right?). But i can't make any meaningful choices here. I just need to play more and a lot of stuff i don't like. It's supposed to be a game; not work.
A solid 28 pages of replies and the overwhelming majority aren't in favour of a number of listed items, me included.

Betrayal was my first league, I was introduced by a friend and I've had a blast with a heap of mechanics, (boss fights, mapping, delving, trying out new builds). I got so invested that today I passed 900 hours.

In all that time there's been multiple Veiled Mods I never saw ONCE, let alone getting it unlocked, (4%, 5% & 6% increased attributes comes to mind QUICKLY). Now I have to work harder to obtain some mods that I didn't even see??? That lends me to believe the RNG is mighty fucking heavy and i'll simply never see some of the best whilst also likely not being able to afford to buy it off someone else that put in more time than me.

Delve was super from what I saw but I wasn't always rich enough to buy scarabs which was absolutely the only way to obtain enough sulphite to get to a decent depth. Some nodes 1 space away were over 1400 sulphite, and that's not even at 300...

The Mastermind fight is ludicrous and offers no reward for effort. I ran it once solo and once with a group. Shuffling the board is easily as bad as completely resetting it so I know you'll see even less runs than in Betrayal.

What I've written is long and really I've just agreed with others, as others will agree with me. I'm still looking forward to trying out the new league but please take the players feedback on board when implementing.
This is bull crap
Please compensate the sulphite scarab nerf.
Maybe start delving at a higher monster level? It takes sooo much time to get to a reasonable delve level which is atleast a little bit difficult.
Last edited by Enterich on Feb 22, 2019, 1:59:52 AM
betrayal is great

unhappy people are more likely to comment than those happy with the league
bestiary scarabs untouched, that's all i care about

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info