[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I'm actually not seeing a big lure to post nerf loreweave. I havn't done uber elber yet, but going with a high raw HP chest has felt really nice, and I've got more easy to grab health nodes left. I imagine I'll settle somewhere around 7.7Kish raw hp, which has benefits against big raw physical hits and the extra hp kind of feels like a good trade off for the extra resists cap on Loreweave.

The damage increase on loreweave is nice, for sure, but you have to pad more resists elsewhere and the loss of health just feels like a mixed bag to me. At t14 maps so far bosses instantly die, and I've not even fit a wise oak into the build yet. Ultimately the build does such great damage that I think keeping fortify on my 6L (though I think its bugged atm?) feels like a wise decision. Maybe I'll change my mind later though, but 20% reduced damage ontop of the higher HP pool feels like a net win as opposed to what, atm, feels like needless damage given things die in 1-2 seconds as is.
Loreweave is still pretty strong. Not as strong, but pretty strong. The increased max resists makes each hp you have all that much more effective. 78% max resists means you'll be taking 88% of the elemental damage you would have taken before. Think of it like a flat "12% less elemental damage". Something that would have hit you for 6000 hp before would be hitting you for 5280 hp now.

If a different chest can give you a more hp in the realm of 15% or so, than yeah, it would be better at surviving elemental hits. I added an extra three percent to account for the actual life on loreweave. Depends on your life percentage on the tree too.

Granted, before the nerf loreweave was a "20% less elemental damage". That 6000 hp hit would have been reduced to 4800 hp. You would have needed a chest that gave you something like 23% more hp to beat it. That is like Kaom's Heart level of more hp (at least on my character).

The crit chance and elemental damage on loreweave are still excellent for the build too.

I like fortify in the six link too. Real top-end would be getting a cospri with a "chance to fortify on melee hit" implicit. No need for it in any of your links, and it would reliably stay active.

Of course, if you start corrupting them, you'll then get 'resolute technique' cospris and be sad.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 27, 2019, 4:29:18 PM
Hey I just made this build and I was looking for advice. The damage feels incredible but the survivability is lacking a little bit and idk whats causing it. I get some random one shots by times but I am res capped, using a loreweave (78% res) and running at arround 6,7k hp + 600 shield

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Your damage comes from spells not really from attack skills, so the craft on your belt is not really doing you anything.

Similarly the increased melee damage on your ring is not doing you much. Cast on Crit spells are not melee damage, and thats basically all of your damage.

Looks fine otherwise. I'd get a pandamonius amulet as your next big upgrade.
The patch in half an hour should fix the fortify bug. This was in the notes.

"
Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6.2 which prevented several melee supports (such as Multistrike) from working when the skill they were supporting was also supported by a triggering Support (such as Cast on Critical Strike Support).
Oh good, I've actually had fortify linked through the entire life cycle of this bug and not enjoyed the -20% damage :P Curious to see how much tankier I will feel when I already feel decently tanky.

Curious: Does fortify reduce damage from the darkness in Delve? It should I think right?
Speaking of Delve - I'm guessing the best defensive watchers eye for delve is still the gain ES on hit with discipline?
Well, with the fortify bug fixed, I immediately went into the uber elder fight.
I had five keysets prepped so I could burn them and learn the fight. I was prepped for war!

Killed him with the first keyset in two portals no problem. I am almost disappointed it wasn't more of a struggle for my first kill. Sadly only a ring drop.

I used cyclone, and didn't swap it out for blade flurry or anything. Damage was easily more than good enough, even with fortify in the 6L. No way I would take it out. I was downing each phase extremely quickly, and easily shredding the portals. Here was my complete set of gear I used to kill him. I normally wear bubonic trail boots, but swapped out to roots for the fight.

Overall, I am a big fan of this build. Fast mapper, clearly capable of bossing, and fun to play. This was also my first ever level 96 character. I don't think I am going to try and push the level any higher now though.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 27, 2019, 11:31:09 PM
Just curious why you have zealotry over herald of ice? Is it better?
Herald of ice is better for clear, what with exploding packs. The build doesn't really need that much help with pack clear though. Zealotry is more damage, particularly if you start involving watcher's eyes. Consecrated ground is pretty nice to have too. Hatred is even more damage than zealotry, if you want to go that route. No consecrated ground though, and it is a little less multiplayer friendly to all the chaos occultists.

Keep in mind, the actual build guide as posted calls for a ESoH watcher's eye and discipline. I am not really following that part, and am running acro+phase acro as an extra layer of defense instead.

I just spawned and killed another uber elder. No problems. Dropped the following. Not useless, but not really big money.

Edit: Just killed an uber-atziri like it was a normal atziri too. It wasn't even a fight. Worthless armor atziri's splendor dropped.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 27, 2019, 11:31:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info