[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

If I wanna start doing CoC as early as lvl 40ish after first lab shouldn't I be taking Ambush and Assassinate for the crit chance? Or the power charge one is more reliable in actual use. Dumb question I know haha..
I tried killing uber elder like 5 times so far, with no success. It feels so clunky. I can never get away in time. I get that you can clear uber elder if you just have insane dps, but with almost no control over where to go during cyclone and a low attack speed so that movement skills are rather slow it's hard to move around in time. Any tips? I tried blade flurry instead of cyclone, but it didn't really do the trick. Kaom's Roots seem to be a nice addition, but I lose out on my immortal call sockets that way and I still die from lack of positioning.

Edit: I did it! After many sets. I had 2 portals left. The key to the fight was to stay mobile and to really go in for high damage when you do, by focusing cyclone close to shaper (and behind him). Sometimes, you'll just die because cyclone is so awkward to control, and because your movement speed is too low for movement skills to be super effective. Elder was easier, if you equip Kaom's Roots. All in all a hard fight for this build, because of the crappy mobility provided by Cyclone and lack of good movement skills. Uber Atziri should be a real drama.

Note that it's definitely possible to cheese Uber Elder with super high dps, but this is not the point of a build.
Last edited by grindst0ne on Mar 26, 2019, 10:08:39 AM
What are peoples thoughts about Normal life flasks vs hybrid option? I've been looking toward picking up a Surgeons/Staunching hybrid flask instead of the current cautious/staunching life flask since surgeons seems more ideal for spamming (and with as much life steal as the build has I'm unsure if the emergency life gen from cautious is all that useful?).

Can anyone thats used both give me some perspective.

Similarly, is there a reason people do not favor quartz flasks? 10% spell and hit dodge just seems so very useful, but I do not see anyone using it in theri builds. Meanwhile the build already seems to do just so much damage that I wonder if Wise Oak is really 'noticed'?
Last edited by faytte on Mar 25, 2019, 11:21:17 PM
I'm using surgeons hybrid with bleed immunity / gain a flask charge on crit hybrid flask so i never run out of it.

Quicksilver/Diamond/Wise Oak/Sulphur(later to be replaced with new conc ground flask)

As well as double zealotry watchers eye instead of Discpline/ES on hit one.
I 3x balanced reses so wise oak adds around ~300k extra dps just for the 6L nova. Definitely noticeable.
Last edited by Simsons2 on Mar 26, 2019, 4:03:14 AM
"
ressiv wrote:
Anyone playing this self found without Cospri and Lyco? Would like to checkout a character profile without those items ;)

Still love to see someone with this or tips for running without it.
"
Simsons2 wrote:
I'm using surgeons hybrid with bleed immunity / gain a flask charge on crit hybrid flask so i never run out of it.

Quicksilver/Diamond/Wise Oak/Sulphur(later to be replaced with new conc ground flask)

As well as double zealotry watchers eye instead of Discpline/ES on hit one.
I 3x balanced reses so wise oak adds around ~300k extra dps just for the 6L nova. Definitely noticeable.

Just curious, how is balancing all resists giving you more damage from Wise Oak than just having cold be highest? Do you have a lot of non-cold damage?
Last edited by Kurnis on Mar 26, 2019, 9:02:12 AM
Loaded the POB. It is not even close to getting enough dex for the weapon. How are you getting dex
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
kmaldona wrote:
Loaded the POB. It is not even close to getting enough dex for the weapon. How are you getting dex

That items give u enough DEX + some nodes
Even with all that his pob is only showing 167 dex
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
You can look at my character, I don't even use Loreweave and I have the dex for it. I ended up using one jewel with some +dex on it (in addition to +7% health and other goodies). Until then you can snag the +30 dex node on the tree near witch and drop it later on when you open up a jewel slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info