[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Ma dude, I've got one more question. Is Hypothermia rlly best in slot? Why not cold pen when you are chilling with vortex anyways. I thought hypothermia is rlly good if you do split damage because it enhances every damage type in your build but when you are pure cold damage cold pen would be better. Or is it cuz of the lightning dmamage from boots and mark of shaper?

Thanks to red elder giving me a 2 ex watcher's eye, I finally got myself a loreweave today. Sold my old fossil-crafted 6l chest for 1 ex too, and upgraded my ring setup to actual rings. Probably try to grind towards 96 after work until Friday, and then bang my head against uber elder this weekend.

The elder ring as self-crafted, as I mostly just needed a crapton of life, lightning resist, and wanted that -7 to mana cost mod. Will probably divine the loreweave more when I am more flush. If I divine the lightning resist on the ring down to 36%, I could balance my resists by redoing crafted mods.

"
Ma dude, I've got one more question. Is Hypothermia rlly best in slot? Why not cold pen when you are chilling with vortex anyways. I thought hypothermia is rlly good if you do split damage because it enhances every damage type in your build but when you are pure cold damage cold pen would be better. Or is it cuz of the lightning dmamage from boots and mark of shaper?

Test it out in PoB. No need to guess. Using my current character, set to shaper/guardian I show 39.4% more from hypothermia, and 36.9% more using cold pen.

Above those are controlled destruction at 40.9%, elemental focus at 49.4%, and concentrated effect at 54.4%. Those all have some downsides though, where hypothermia is all upside. Freezing things is good.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 20, 2019, 12:22:24 AM
Yeah due to lucky enchant in my last ascendancy run (-30% Hoag mana res) on my perfect Starkonya i was able to afford 6L Loreweave yesterday as well, 3G-3B was a bitch to color though. Mind drinker is great node by the way, never running out of mana now due to it.

Next items on list rings/amulet , watchers eye , pandemonius (goddamn expensive) , unnatural instinct-meeks but that is probably one of last purchases.

By the way how do we calculate actual dps we are doing from knowing average hit of our frostbolt and icenovas?
Last edited by Simsons2 on Mar 20, 2019, 4:24:08 AM
so uh...i have everything listed to make the switch at 44...and it is terrible experience. barely any ice novas going off which means zero dps. cant even kill tukohama.

can you look at my gear/tree and see if im missing anything?
Leveling even with uniques is not the best experience after recently leveling with this build. It gets better with those level 44 uniques listed and if you're using tabula even better. But end-game is where you start to get the most fun. Also use that crit chance is lucky flask.

I personally just rushed to level 70 asap. And go to maps in 9 hours playtime, but as mentioned above leveling is pretty meh with this build.
Last edited by Simsons2 on Mar 20, 2019, 4:28:59 AM
"
Simsons2 wrote:
Leveling even with uniques is not the best experience after recently leveling with this build. It gets better with those level 44 uniques listed and if you're using tabula even better. But end-game is where you start to get the most fun. Also use that crit chance is lucky flask.

I personally just rushed to level 70 asap. And go to maps in 9 hours playtime, but as mentioned above leveling is pretty meh with this build.

i mean if you're replying to me, if you look at my profile, i have all of it. still doing zero dps.
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
"
Simsons2 wrote:

i mean if you're replying to me, if you look at my profile, i have all of it. still doing zero dps.

Not sure in regards to interaction but at level 44 switch i also got/switched to lycosidae to not miss any attacks. Try with lyco + lucky flask active and see how it goes.
Last edited by Simsons2 on Mar 20, 2019, 4:51:38 AM
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
"
Simsons2 wrote:

gifts from above diamond ring helped me ALOT get one if you can
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Also since Opals are expensive, thoughts on Diamond ring versus Coral ring which one to go for.
In my case leveling was PURE FUN.
Just increase your Cyclone Crit chance to 30-35% and put frostbolt above ice nova:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro%27s_Virtuosity 1 alc
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ungil%27s_Harmony - 1 alc
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gifts_from_Above 10-12c

And use Vortex instead of traps! It exploads from frostbolts too!
Last edited by serhiusoff on Mar 20, 2019, 6:12:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info