[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Can you upadate skill tree for 3.6 please

Here's the Non EB version of the tree for 3.6 http://poeurl.com/ckA9

If you want to go eb, check out my profile. I do not recommend doing so until you have all of the endgame gear and feel tanky enough.
Last edited by dun198 on Mar 16, 2019, 1:55:56 PM
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
Regretted into this from trickster in the new league. I've been having good luck with it, and am clearing maps very effectively. I am still wearing a few pieces of garbage gear, mostly because I haven't had a need to improve it.

One thing I decided to move in on was zealotry. 15% more spell damage is always good, and the changes to consecrated ground are pretty effective, considering we are always right on top of the enemies. I dropped the blasphemy aura for it.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Consecrated_ground

Really, I feel like I would rather get the curse from a ring or glove corruption.

Zealotry watcher's eyes aren't that expensive either, probably because there aren't a lot of build guides out there which actually call for them. I got this for a very modest price, and I think that it complements the build well.

I know the survivability isn't going to be as high as a ESoH watchers eye, but it is WAAAY cheaper. The extra penetration is nothing to sneeze at. I feel like with a watcher's eye like this, zealotry becomes extremely attractive.

With your watcher's eye I highly suggest saving for an unnatural instinct and switching to scion. With an assassin/inquis scion you will be pretty much always immune to elemental ailments.
Last edited by dun198 on Mar 16, 2019, 1:59:27 PM
"
Huelser wrote:
So what do you guys recommend now for a Body Armor?

Im going Life Build without Phase Acrobatics...

Queen of the Forest?
Loreweave?
Carcass Jack?
Any alternatives?

How much Evasion should I have, to use Queen of the Forest?

Love the build so far, really smooth going through maps :)

Loreweave is still king and anyone who says otherwise is clueless.
Loreweave + the witch flask cluster + triple balanced wise oak gives you an effective elemental resistance of 81%
This is going to make you tankier than any other option in the game.
Qotf is great for mapping quickly but is not nearly as strong as a loreweave when it comes to end game content.
Carcass jack is cool but the area of effect is really overkill.
Overall Loreweave took a huge hit but is still the best option for this build. Also it is easier to roll one now that there are only 3 options for the maximum resistance.
"
dun198 wrote:
"
Huelser wrote:

Queen of the Forest?
Loreweave?
Carcass Jack?
Any alternatives?

Loreweave + the witch flask cluster + triple balanced wise oak gives you an effective elemental resistance of 81%
Qotf is great for mapping quickly but is not nearly as strong as a loreweave when it comes to end game content.
Overall Loreweave took a huge hit but is still the best option for this build. Also it is easier to roll one now that there are only 3 options for the maximum resistance.

A big part of what draws me to this build and builds like winter orb is the 'im killing things as I move aspec' of it. Can you comment on how good this is at mapping red tier maps? How tanky does it feel even without a loreweave? CAn you do red tiers with say, a tabula or budget 6L life chest?

How bad are the mana problems before EB?
Last edited by faytte on Mar 16, 2019, 4:46:39 PM
"
faytte wrote:
"
dun198 wrote:
"
Huelser wrote:

Queen of the Forest?
Loreweave?
Carcass Jack?
Any alternatives?

A big part of what draws me to this build and builds like winter orb is the 'im killing things as I move aspec' of it. Can you comment on how good this is at mapping red tier maps? How tanky does it feel even without a loreweave? CAn you do red tiers with say, a tabula or budget 6L life chest?

How bad are the mana problems before EB?

I'll comment first on the mapping survivability without a loreweave. With just a cospris and a tabula you should be fine through tier 15. Personally I have never had any problems with those maps without a loreweave. Your largest form of defense is actually the pandemonious and your ability to one shot packs. I would not recommend this build for hard rolled guardian maps or uber elder without a loreweave as you will get one shot by a lot of attacks. Luckily loreweave does not drastically increase your damage so you can actually handle any content in the game with a tabula, you will however get pretty annoyed with how much more difficult encounters are. That being said you should 100% use any 6 link you have over a 5l loreweave as the damage loss is not worth the resistances. Lastly if you can get your lifepool to around 7k without a lorewave but with a life chest you should feel tanky enough for all content however you will still get 2 shot by shaper's balls in uber elder as opposed to 3-shot with a loreweave.

Secondly the build does not map nearly as fast as a winter orb character or tornado shot. Personally I felt the build mapped a bit faster than storm brand as you merely need to press one button (cyclone) to explode a pack. You will typically sit around 150% ms depending on your gear. With a qotf you can map even quicker however you lose a lot of survivability compared to a loreweave.

Lastly EB is not required at all to play the build. In fact its only slightly more damage than the non-eb version due to the loss of arcane surge. That being said the mana up-sides plus aura flexibility make the build feel a lot more smooth. You can literally use nearly every aura setup in the game. You can use a 50+50 or a 50+25+25 or a 50+25+35 with enlighten 4. This flexibility combined with the ability to be able to run no-regen maps is a huge upside.

That being said you can easily run the build without EB. I believe the main guide covers how to sustain mana if you are still having problems. Personally I only ever had mana problems on very tanky guardians. Another option instead of going EB is to take the mind drinker node for two points, or to run a warlords mark on hit ring. If you do run a warlords mark on hit ring, I highly suggest switching the life leech gem in your cospris for another damage link as you do not need it anymore.

Overall if price is a big consideration for you, I personally would not play this build without a cospris malice, a 6l, and a pandemonious. The rest of the gear is merely just damange increases or tankiness upgrades for t16+

If you have anymore questions just leave em here and I'll answer when I get a chance.
"
dun198 wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
Can I run this self-found when it comes to gear? A.k.a. without Cospri and Lyco?

If so, what should I try to get as a weapon and shield and which stats?

The Build can run with just a tabula(farmed in blood aqueduct) a high critical strike chance weapon with maybe some spell damage or other damage crafts on it. for your shield if you are looking to stay away from unique items just grab something with a movement speed implicit, life and res.

Two important things to note are:
One, do not exceed the attack speed cap for optimal coc procs as is stated in the guide.
Two, look into getting the vagan craft for hits cannot be evaded on your weapon.

Overall your single target will not be enarly as good but you should be able to clear red maps just fine.
Just make sure to think about running a blasphemy warlords mark or warlords mark on hit ring since you will be missing the life leech from the cospris setup, and make sure to run frostbolt in your 6l.

GL

Awesome thanks
"
dun198 wrote:

I'll comment first on the mapping survivability without a loreweave. With just a cospris and a tabula you should be fine through tier 15. Personally I have never had any problems with those maps without a loreweave. Your largest form of defense is actually the pandemonious and your ability to one shot packs. I would not recommend this build for hard rolled guardian maps or uber elder without a loreweave as you will get one shot by a lot of attacks. Luckily loreweave does not drastically increase your damage so you can actually handle any content in the game with a tabula, you will however get pretty annoyed with how much more difficult encounters are. That being said you should 100% use any 6 link you have over a 5l loreweave as the damage loss is not worth the resistances. Lastly if you can get your lifepool to around 7k without a lorewave but with a life chest you should feel tanky enough for all content however you will still get 2 shot by shaper's balls in uber elder as opposed to 3-shot with a loreweave.

Secondly the build does not map nearly as fast as a winter orb character or tornado shot. Personally I felt the build mapped a bit faster than storm brand as you merely need to press one button (cyclone) to explode a pack. You will typically sit around 150% ms depending on your gear. With a qotf you can map even quicker however you lose a lot of survivability compared to a loreweave.

Lastly EB is not required at all to play the build. In fact its only slightly more damage than the non-eb version due to the loss of arcane surge. That being said the mana up-sides plus aura flexibility make the build feel a lot more smooth. You can literally use nearly every aura setup in the game. You can use a 50+50 or a 50+25+25 or a 50+25+35 with enlighten 4. This flexibility combined with the ability to be able to run no-regen maps is a huge upside.

That being said you can easily run the build without EB. I believe the main guide covers how to sustain mana if you are still having problems. Personally I only ever had mana problems on very tanky guardians. Another option instead of going EB is to take the mind drinker node for two points, or to run a warlords mark on hit ring. If you do run a warlords mark on hit ring, I highly suggest switching the life leech gem in your cospris for another damage link as you do not need it anymore.

Overall if price is a big consideration for you, I personally would not play this build without a cospris malice, a 6l, and a pandemonious. The rest of the gear is merely just damange increases or tankiness upgrades for t16+

If you have anymore questions just leave em here and I'll answer when I get a chance.

Thank you for all the great info. My only follow up is about pandemonious. You said it's required? Was excited to try the build but seeing the cheapest one over 5ex which is most of my budget. Might not be able to try this out if just the neck is so expensive.
"
faytte wrote:
"
dun198 wrote:

Thank you for all the great info. My only follow up is about pandemonious. You said it's required? Was excited to try the build but seeing the cheapest one over 5ex which is most of my budget. Might not be able to try this out if just the neck is so expensive.

You don't need a pandemonious to do the build, it's just a nice quaility of life item since it blinds and gives good cold pen and chill on hit. The build works fine without for general mapping, it mostly just helps for end game bosses like the guardians.
"
faytte wrote:

i used this coz i found this while playing. you can throw in something similar as your neck. cold dam + spell dam is what to look for... along with sundry stuff like maxing out your resists etc.
"
z0ne wrote:

You don't need a pandemonious to do the build, it's just a nice quaility of life item since it blinds and gives good cold pen and chill on hit. The build works fine without for general mapping, it mostly just helps for end game bosses like the guardians.

Thanks! I guess that puts this build back on the table for me. Going to debate between it and a WO build (since apparently there are some WO that are able to do elder by swapping in CWC ice spear) but leaning more toward this build, even if the map clear isn't tippy top tier, still seems pretty godly.

Can this do all mods?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info