[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:
With the substantial ice nova nerf, will it still be the best spell to run with CoC? I know it'll still be viable, but is there another spell that could potentially put out more damage? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know enough about all of the abilities to even know where to begin to answer this question on my own.

I assume cyclone is still the way to go as a trigger with no changes to melee abilities.

The thing is Cospri only works on cold spell, and it's hard to find a replacement of this. You have to use rare , wasting a mod for trigger socketed skill and attack speed, and have 90~186 cold damage to spell which would be pretty rare.

Also none cold spell cannot trigger vortex + frostbolt interaction too.

It's probably possible but it'd be way more costly.

Ah yes, I hadn't considered ice nova's interaction with frostbolt from cospri's. Thanks.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:
With the substantial ice nova nerf, will it still be the best spell to run with CoC? I know it'll still be viable, but is there another spell that could potentially put out more damage? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know enough about all of the abilities to even know where to begin to answer this question on my own.

I assume cyclone is still the way to go as a trigger with no changes to melee abilities.

The thing is Cospri only works on cold spell, and it's hard to find a replacement of this. You have to use rare , wasting a mod for trigger socketed skill and attack speed, and have 90~186 cold damage to spell which would be pretty rare.

Also none cold spell cannot trigger vortex + frostbolt interaction too.

It's probably possible but it'd be way more costly.

Doesn't the mod also have an internal CD of at least 3-4 seconds? I can't imagine any other cast on crit coming close to the damage offered by the spammable frostbolt+nova interaction.
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Also with the new Aura and removal of Crit cap, we may hit 100% crit rate and trigger CoC even more.

We do hit 100% easily. You can even swap the diamond flask with the new Unique Bottled Faith for more global crit chance and damage %

If you drop the blasphemy for curse on hit, you can run Hatred aura which has % more cold damage on it too.
Tbh I don't think Ice Nova warrant a nerf because the amount of people use it in deep delve is pretty underwhelming compare to BV / Winter Orb/ Arc / Molten Strike.

Like seriously only 1 more guy other than me use Ice Nova in delve 800+ (you can check in POE Ninja right now), meaning this build is not broken or anything. (I'm the only two guys who use Ice nova in delve deeper than 800 just so you know, meaning melee coc spell is still underwhelming compare to the real big boy like Molten Strike that scales infinitely with projectile numbers)

Like seriously do GGG check their game? Do they balance skills around low contents like crap t16 maps? 25% nerf in base damage just because a streamer use it in mere delve 400~ which ANY build can shine there?
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 6, 2019, 5:39:01 AM
hello to everyone 3.6 i want to start with this build but i wonder if nerf impressed i like it very much to enjoy the extreme pleasure of playing with i am nova i love nerf seven thanks for the answers
Dunno if u already answered this, but this could be a starter league build or not?
I'm really intrigued but i'm almost a newbe and i dont know if this build could rappresent a too much big challenge as a starting league.
Btw thnx for the guide and for ur support.
Sorry for my english!
Regards
I wonder if existing Loreweave's will be nerfed down to 78% -- the wording in the patch notes was confusing to me.
"
Lightstrikes wrote:
I wonder if existing Loreweave's will be nerfed down to 78% -- the wording in the patch notes was confusing to me.

It'd only be toned down if you use a divine orb...

Anyway, this is probably the biggest hit to our defensive layer, as well as many other builds. It'd be fine with most contents, but it'd be much more dangerous at delve 700+ and against certain bosses.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 6, 2019, 8:22:45 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Like seriously do GGG check their game? Do they balance skills around low contents like crap t16 maps? 25% nerf in base damage just because a streamer use it in mere delve 400~ which ANY build can shine there?

They're not balancing anything. They're picking what meta they want every patch and buff/nerf accordingly.
this build will probably still be good lol, frostbolt and ice nova are basically 1 skill at this point. it's fine that it got hit with a nerf you wont do as much dmg but you should still have everything you need to do the same as last league.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info