[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I guess this build already received a nerf...

Ice Nova cast time from 0.8 to 0.7 - this lowers the cast time by 12.5%.

BUT: They state above this rebalance, that initial hit damage also has been decreased accoring to cast time decrease. Therefore: 12.5% less cast time results in 12.5% less damage. Which hits us hard imo
thats what i was able to put together during betrayal, pretty neat

https://pastebin.com/wkd7Tgwp

hope to see some guide updates for 3.6 soon, maybe this will be my league starter this time
"
Barn3y_Gumble wrote:
I guess this build already received a nerf...

Ice Nova cast time from 0.8 to 0.7 - this lowers the cast time by 12.5%.

BUT: They state above this rebalance, that initial hit damage also has been decreased accoring to cast time decrease. Therefore: 12.5% less cast time results in 12.5% less damage. Which hits us hard imo

For mapping this won't even be noticeable in the slightest bit. Everything will still die instantly.
For end-game bossing, such as Uber Elder, it may make the fights take a little bit longer. If you're terrible at fight mechanics then this might hurt. But if you know how to avoid the bad stuff then you'll still clear the fight easily.
Ice Nova
Mana Cost at gem level 1 is now 8 (was 10).
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 23 (was 31).
Now has a cast time of 0.7 seconds (from 0.8).
Now deals 18 to 26 Cold damage at gem level 1 (from 19 to 28) and 518 to 762 Cold damage at gem level 20 (from 632 to 930).
Now adds 3 to 4 Cold damage against Chilled enemies at gem level 1 (unchanged) and 79 to 116 Cold damage against Chilled enemies at gem level 20 (from 97 to 141).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 120% (from 130%).

This is a pretty huge nerf to our dps, but good thing is they did not touch CoC at all.

Should still be viable in all tiers, but it may have abit of issue in deep delve. (When I say Deep Delve, it means 800+ delve. Fortunately not many people go beyond 600 delve unlike me. I'm surprised I'm #4 deepest climber of Assassin class in Delve at Depth 830) You should have more than enough dps for t16 and below Delve 700.

Also with the new Aura and removal of Crit cap, we may hit 100% crit rate and trigger CoC even more.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 5, 2019, 8:29:31 PM
Viable to start league?
What do you guys think about the life leech change though?
"
almatrix wrote:
What do you guys think about the life leech change though?

We do not have overleech to begin with so it doesn't matter.

If anything, we get a 10% increased dm from life leech quality. (not that it's much though)
With the substantial ice nova nerf, will it still be the best spell to run with CoC? I know it'll still be viable, but is there another spell that could potentially put out more damage? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know enough about all of the abilities to even know where to begin to answer this question on my own.

I assume cyclone is still the way to go as a trigger with no changes to melee abilities.
Is CI and easy to get spell leech now a viable option ?
IGN : Noalkain
"
jk5834 wrote:
With the substantial ice nova nerf, will it still be the best spell to run with CoC? I know it'll still be viable, but is there another spell that could potentially put out more damage? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know enough about all of the abilities to even know where to begin to answer this question on my own.

I assume cyclone is still the way to go as a trigger with no changes to melee abilities.

The thing is Cospri only works on cold spell, and it's hard to find a replacement of this. You have to use rare , wasting a mod for trigger socketed skill and attack speed, and have 90~186 cold damage to spell which would be pretty rare.

Also none cold spell cannot trigger vortex + frostbolt interaction too.

It's probably possible but it'd be way more costly.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 5, 2019, 10:00:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info