[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Hi guys,

idk if this was answered already or not but do we benefit from Elemental Damage with Attack Skills or no?
"
Hi guys,

idk if this was answered already or not but do we benefit from Elemental Damage with Attack Skills or no?

nop
Hello.
The build is really fun but I have a problem with surviving.
Red maps are cleared super fast, nothing gets even close to making a hit since they die so fast, the problem start with the syndicate encounters, chaos users like Tora are destroying me(anything chaos related pretty much insta wipe me).
Also, I don't know why but I feel like my life regeneration is really slow and the only thing that keeps me alive is the fact that everything dies super fast.
Bosses are somewhat scary in T14+

This is the gear that I have so far.

Level 88 with 5.8k hp, I know it is quite low, my Loreweave has a low life roll but it was cheap so I snatched it as is.
My Elder ring also has a pretty low life roll, but the extra 24% dmg is quite decent I think.

I know that my flasks are bad, but I really need the hp flasks since I see no other way of gaining HP in scary moments...
I am pretty sure that I missed a key feature in the build? maybe?

Thanks.
"
Hi guys,

There are two main damage types in PoE.

1. Attack
2. Spell

As name suggests Elemental Damage with Attack Skills only works with attacks. While we use attack to trigger cast on crit, most of our damage comes from ice novas, which is a spell. You can look at skill gem tags to see if certain skill is an attack or a spell.

As for
"
slayer711 wrote:

There are tons of things you can do to improve. I'll list them in no particular order, not sure how wealthy you are, so get cheapest first.
1.Life rolls on gear, especially starkonja should be fairly cheap upgrade. And blessed orbs on lyco implicit.

2. Change tree a bit (best check pob where you will lose least dmg, just with quick look I'd probably drop doom cast cluster, it's not very efficient/per skillpoint) and get all 2-3 skillpoint jewel sockets. Put jewels, (preferably abyssal for flat life, since you have a lot of % increased already) with damage mod or two. Get them with at least t1-2 life, so 36+.

3.Life Gain on hit elder Ring, and Enlighten + Discipline + es on hit watcher's eye. Remove herald and maybe banner depending on how much mana and gem sockets you'll have. This will make you a lot tankier.

4. Change flasks, get - quicksilver, basalt, diamond, Wise oak or Atziri's Promise (Wise Oak is best if you have balanced res) and one life flask. Preferably instant one for emergencies. Get bleed immunity, freeze immunity and curse immunity (curse not on life flask) on those. This setup, especially basalt, along with much higher ehp should keep you from being killed easily.

5. Additional levels will help greatly, especially with getting jewel sockets.

There are more things you can do like unnatural instinct, 2x meeks, and 2 socket abyss unique somewhere, but those are pretty expensive and need big changes in tree and gear. See guide for details on those.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Feb 5, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
"
slayer711 wrote:
Hello.
The build is really fun but I have a problem with surviving.
Red maps are cleared super fast, nothing gets even close to making a hit since they die so fast, the problem start with the syndicate encounters, chaos users like Tora are destroying me(anything chaos related pretty much insta wipe me).
Also, I don't know why but I feel like my life regeneration is really slow and the only thing that keeps me alive is the fact that everything dies super fast.
Bosses are somewhat scary in T14+

This is the gear that I have so far.

Level 88 with 5.8k hp, I know it is quite low, my Loreweave has a low life roll but it was cheap so I snatched it as is.
My Elder ring also has a pretty low life roll, but the extra 24% dmg is quite decent I think.

I know that my flasks are bad, but I really need the hp flasks since I see no other way of gaining HP in scary moments...
I am pretty sure that I missed a key feature in the build? maybe?

Thanks.

Look for 14%+ Cooldown Recovery Speed on boots/belt and a 14% Cospri's to get close to the APS breakpoint (3.75 with flask). This will improve your damage too. Remember to take out Attack speed nodes on tree.
Oh ye, forgot about cdr belt. That's a pretty big upgrade too. :)
"
Fathervic wrote:
HI all. I'm having a blast with this guide and build.

- However I'm pretty bad at POB :D - so hope someone can help me with correctly viewing my dps. Cause my cyclone + nova shows 25.2k dps hehe. An I know most ppl here have 200k + so I must have something set up wrong in POB hehe. Hopefully.

My clearing speed is awesome and ST is around medium, I just really want to be able to see my corret dps.

Here is my pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/kFsDgJXS

Thanks alot in advance to anyone who might be able to help me!
With regards

your crit multi is pretty low at 334%. you want to be around 370-400%. the best place to get it is on jewels. just make sure the crit multi applies to your spells.

i would refund lightning walker for light of divinity to get a little more damage. if you need the lightning res look for it on gear or jewels.

the focus shock craft on your ring would add a ton of damage (42k) when you focus

a couple 21/0 ice novas would also add a lot of damage. quality isn't that important since it only increase aoe.

i would swap one quicksilver flask for a wise oak. your cold res is already highest to get the cold pen, which adds a lot of damage. and wise oak will help (over)cap your resistances.

probably should think about getting a movement skill, preferably melee for cospri's melee crit trigger

Last edited by qaizr on Feb 5, 2019, 1:03:51 PM
Probably one of the best guides I have read, just killed shaper with one death not even to shaper pretty smooth. my setup definitely could be better going to chuck my pastebin down below if anyone wants to sus it out maybe give me a few pointers. (i know gems need to level).

PB: https://pastebin.com/jq55a9nX
Last edited by Voltaris on Feb 5, 2019, 2:17:22 PM
"
Voltaris wrote:
Probably one of the best guides I have read, just killed shaper with one death not even to shaper pretty smooth. my setup definitely could be better going to chuck my pastebin down below if anyone wants to sus it out maybe give me a few pointers. (i know gems need to level).

you have some room for improvement on your flasks... 20% quality and better mods. check the flask section of the guide for the mods. you could swap out a life flask for wise oak but you'll want to get your cold res the highest.

everything else looks good to me. you could get a lot of damage with the focus shock craft on your ring but your elder ring is pretty nice and it doesn't have an open suffix. do you have open slot on your belt for a craft?
"
qaizr wrote:
"
Voltaris wrote:

you have some room for improvement on your flasks... 20% quality and better mods. check the flask section of the guide for the mods. you could swap out a life flask for wise oak but you'll want to get your cold res the highest.

everything else looks good to me. you could get a lot of damage with the focus shock craft on your ring but your elder ring is pretty nice and it doesn't have an open suffix. do you have open slot on your belt for a craft?

ahh yes my flasks something i always seem to overlook will get onto that.

the shock ring is a good idea maybe try and sub out the elder ring if i find something of worth, not sure how much dps loss reverting back to "gifts from above" but might have to. My belt does have a open prefix on it, finding a good CD recovery belt that doesn't break the bank was tough but maybe i should invest
into it a bit more.

Thanks for the input Qaizr much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info