[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Can someone please help me. I just finished Act 10. I have maxed resists and barely over 4k hp since I am only level 71. I feel like I don't crit enough because sometimes I am just spinning through packs and no Ice Nova/Frostbolts are going off... Did I do something wrong somewhere?

https://pastebin.com/saRefi0B
Last edited by Nein1one on Feb 3, 2019, 4:44:34 PM
The Watcher's Eye with energy shield gained for each Enemy Hit with Discipline mod is much better than a Watcher's Eye with life gained for each Enemy Hit with Vitality?
Why?

I'm asking because the one with Discipline mod is 7ex, and the vitality one is about 3ex
7.3k hp. 1k ES

absolutely dumpstered by Uber elder. couldn't even come close. what the fuck
Thoughts on grabbing the Heart of Ice passive? I haven't done so yet so feel free to look at my current build. My thoughts were to drop Light and Divinity, Divine Fervour, Elemental Damage and Elemental Focus, and 3 life nodes in order to do so. This actually ups my DPS by about 7%, but I lose about 350 health.

I also compared doing this to running 2 extra jewels slots at level 100 by following the guide, and barring grabbing insane triple multi jewels, the DPS for Heart of Ice still seems higher in most scenarios. Thoughts? Anything I'm missing that makes my idea ridiculous?

PoB export for those interested:
https://pastebin.com/HQExc2jL
Last edited by jk5834 on Feb 3, 2019, 7:58:15 PM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
7.3k hp. 1k ES

After a couple attempts at Uber Elder myself, you can't get hit by the shaper's balls, beams or elder's front cone drain. All of that does more than 8K damage.

The videos I've seen where this build beats Uber Elder are all done without getting hit by those things as they will always one-shot you. The closest I've come to beating the fight is by running circles around the outside of the area and spinning past the bosses when I'm near them, you can't stay in one place for more than a second or you'll die.
Just a thought here, would it make sense to put fortify in the cospris and life leech in the cyclone 6 link? Would that make a more consistent life leech?

Also, i have been looking for a good ring, i can see that your rare ring has LL on physical damage...i assume that this is not something we should aim for?
May I ask : My weapon have : Frostbolt - Life Leech - Ice Nova . Does this have the same effect as your build ? Ty
"
Karetje wrote:
Just a thought here, would it make sense to put fortify in the cospris and life leech in the cyclone 6 link? Would that make a more consistent life leech?

Also, i have been looking for a good ring, i can see that your rare ring has LL on physical damage...i assume that this is not something we should aim for?

"Fortify is a support gem. It grants linked melee skills a chance to give the player the Fortify buff, which reduces incoming damage from hits by 20%. This effect only applies to active melee skills and does not work with trigger gems."

Got this from the wiki seems as tho fortify would have no effect if put in the cospri.
"
superhuy44 wrote:
May I ask : My weapon have : Frostbolt - Life Leech - Ice Nova . Does this have the same effect as your build ? Ty

Yes. The only thing that matters is the order of Frostbolt and Ice Nova. As long as Frostbolt is above Ice Nova, you're good.
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
7.3k hp. 1k ES

It took me a couple attempts as well. I think I burned 2 sets of fragments before I finally downed it on the 3rd set. Note I had never done (or even watched videos of) Uber Elder, so a lot of that was learning mechanics, but this build still makes the fight tricky for several reasons.

The biggest issue I had was lack of control of your movement. Uber Elder requires you to be in the right place at the right time frequently, and the use of Cyclone makes this tough. The constant loss of control of your character while trying to do damage, either drifting into a Shaper deathray by mistake, or not being able to Shield Charge/Whirling Blade/Leap Slam away because you're still Cycloning, sucks. I handled this issue by doing what somebody else described: I ran around the map until I had an opening and just Cycloned as I ran by.

All that being said, the damage of this build is insane, and once I got to the final phase, I cleaved the shit out of the boss and it was dead before I even realized what happened.

I'm sure with practice it'll become easier, but honestly, after the first kill, I have no real desire to do the fight again...at least for a little while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info