[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I have a question myself to the more experianced players playing this build here.
I am swapping over to MoM + UI setup, i still need my UI but it is getting very close.
I have tweaked my skill tree abit to make it possible and can swap over next level (given that i have my UI by then).

My question looking a bit further forward is this:
I notice in the 98 tree specific to the MoM/UI setup, is that you drop some nodes near Fangs of the Viper, and i was wondering, are the Alchemist nodes really that powerfull?

If you drop the Alchemist nodes and the int node above the dex jewel socket (near Fangs of the Viper) you can pickup Fangs of the Viper instead.

this results in:
+20 dex
5% movemend speed
20% max energy shield
5% max life
+8% all res

At the cost of
-10 int
-26% flask effect
-10% flask duration

Reason I ask is that if I drop Fangs of the Viper I run into a Dex problem.. and well, the life/energy shield and all res are all a welcomed addition
Last edited by Meive on Jan 29, 2019, 8:51:44 AM
"
qaizr wrote:
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Level 92 with the build, only now I saw we respec out of the node "Doom Cast", it is worth it?

Dunno if my attack speed(3.2 without onslaught)/crit chance and multi ok? Just asking because I don't aways crit without diamond flask up

Can someone check my char on what to upgrade next? Saving money for the god tier atm.

refunding doom cast will drop your spell crit multi to 370% but you can get another jewel slot (for crit multi) and some more life. i think ~400% crit multi for ice nova is where you want to be. you don't really need super high crit chance after you've ascended.

your aps is good with silver flask active. you could pick up the coordination node and get some attack speed on jewels or gear so you can swap the silver flask out.

you can level arcane surge to 5-6 for a little more damage

getting a couple 21/0 ice novas will add a lot of damage. 21/0 vaal ice novas are really cheap and the quality isn't important.

Hello friend! Thanks for the help! Bought 2 level 21 vaal ice novas and I'm leveling arcane surge for now! Sorry if I'm being dumb but without doom cast I lost about 10k dps on POB even with a 15% cold crit multi jewel, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I also bought a frozen trail with 5% more damage because I saw in your tree :D
Last edited by Pud1MxD on Jan 29, 2019, 10:24:41 AM
"
Meive wrote:
"
meto54 wrote:
hi,can someone help me about improve my build ? i dont know what should next step.Can check from my profile,character name:Asasbarito

Your next step could be:
Go for 2xMight of the Meek and 1x Unnatural instinct setup (even without the Unnatural Instinct, which goes for 15ex so pretty expensive) the 2ex for 2 Meeks is well worth it. It gives you a lot of resistances and life, meaning you can swap around gloves/belt/boot resistances a bit and optimize your dps that way.

In any case you are best of removing the 5 nodes @Doom Cast and grab Fangs of the viper, so you can drop the dex on the boots.

Make sure to open up the lvl 98 skill tree to see what else you can pick up.

If you want to try out the Might of the Meek setup (highly recomended), you can check the skill-tree out here
You can then after this go for either this upgrade (taken from the guide):
Spoiler
13) Bubonic Trails with 2 Abyssal Sockets - We lose 2 gem sockets (drop Unbound Ailments and Decoy Totem. Use Blasphemy ⊶ Enfeeble in Bubonic Trail. Discipline moves to a 4-link with the Leap Slam setup. Don't link Discipline in the Vortex setup as Arcane Surge will make Discipline reserve more Mana, so move Vortex setup to the shield). To make this an actual upgrade, make sure you get good Abyssal Jewels with 40+ Life + 2x Damage mods (best available Abyss jewel mods for this build are shown further below). Try to use at least one of each of these types of Abyss jewels: Hypnotic, Murderous, Searching. Do not use a Ghastly Eye jewel, these don't have anything good to offer and they are not worth it. If done correctly, these boots should increase damage by more than 10% and also Life by about 50.

and / or for:
Spoiler
14) Atziri's Acuity or High-end Crafted gloves with ~120% Increased Damage - To do this upgrade you will need to get lots of resistances from your 2 remaining rares, the belt and the ring (do not sacrifice the Cooldown Recovery Speed mod and the Shock nearby Enemies while Focused mod or this won't be worth it). From these two combined you will need about 70% Fire Resistance, 70% Lightning Resistance and 40% Cold Resistance. Ideally you want your resistances to be the same for the best use of the Wise Oak Flask. It shouldn't be too hard to achieve considering you've spent so many exalts already! If you choose Atziri's Acuity, it will give you the benefit of Vaal Pact for even more sustain and also offer some Critical Strike Chance. This is my recommended item since damage is crazy high already.
If you want even more damage though, you can craft or find rare gloves with: 1) ~90 Life, 2) (30–50)% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies, 3) (24–28)% increased Damage during any Flask Effect, 4) (37–43)% increased Damage while Leeching and the hybrid mod: 5) (20–22)% increased Elemental Damage if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently + (15–16)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance.

Hey mate thx for help.I wanna ask something more, is aspect of the spider useful ? im using it but i dont know if its good for this build
Does it make sense to use 2 Might of the Meek without the Unnatural Instinct or should i wait until i can afford all 3 of those?
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Spoiler
"
qaizr wrote:
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Level 92 with the build, only now I saw we respec out of the node "Doom Cast", it is worth it?

Dunno if my attack speed(3.2 without onslaught)/crit chance and multi ok? Just asking because I don't aways crit without diamond flask up

Can someone check my char on what to upgrade next? Saving money for the god tier atm.

refunding doom cast will drop your spell crit multi to 370% but you can get another jewel slot (for crit multi) and some more life. i think ~400% crit multi for ice nova is where you want to be. you don't really need super high crit chance after you've ascended.

your aps is good with silver flask active. you could pick up the coordination node and get some attack speed on jewels or gear so you can swap the silver flask out.

you can level arcane surge to 5-6 for a little more damage

getting a couple 21/0 ice novas will add a lot of damage. 21/0 vaal ice novas are really cheap and the quality isn't important.

Hello friend! Thanks for the help! Bought 2 level 21 vaal ice novas and I'm leveling arcane surge for now! Sorry if I'm being dumb but without doom cast I lost about 10k dps on POB even with a 15% cold crit multi jewel, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I also bought a frozen trail with 5% more damage because I saw in your tree :D

yea you do lose a lot of damage without doom cast. your life is in pretty good shape so you could refund some life nodes, light of divinity and/or frost walker to get doom cast back. sorry if i steered you in the wrong direction.
I am at approximately 12 APS, 0 CDR, ~65% effective crit chance. Would I benefit from CDR, or should I keep it at 0?

And if so, would the crafted 12% CDR veiled belt mod do anything at all? That would be the easiest way to get it for me.
Hey guys,

I noticed that my Ice nova critical strike multiplier is just 341%. Am I missing anything besides that only one jewel doesn´t have critical strike multiplier?

Should I go for jewels with 2 mods multiplier?
Greetings. Can someone check my character and tell me what to change? Thanks in advance
"
a_wang wrote:
I am at approximately 12 APS, 0 CDR, ~65% effective crit chance. Would I benefit from CDR, or should I keep it at 0?

And if so, would the crafted 12% CDR veiled belt mod do anything at all? That would be the easiest way to get it for me.

your cyclone aps is 4.8 which is very high and you aren't triggering CoC as much as you could be.

your crit chance suffers from not having power charges.

12% cdr doesn't do anything for us. it has to be at least 14%. once you have that your aps can go up to 3.75.
"
Tarmogoof wrote:
Hey guys,

I noticed that my Ice nova critical strike multiplier is just 341%. Am I missing anything besides that only one jewel doesn´t have critical strike multiplier?

Should I go for jewels with 2 mods multiplier?

your ice nova crit multi is at 380% which is pretty good. you can get jewels with two crit multi mods but they will be very expensive if you want life on them as well.

i would change the craft on your ring to the focus shock craft. check the "is the enemy shocked" box on the config screen in pob to see the insane amount of damage it adds.
Spoiler
it would add 60k to your average ice nova hit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info