[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
fitsu wrote:
Spoiler
"
qaizr wrote:

fair enough. you're miles above my budget mindset.

Honestly, it's more about smart buys.

The helm base cost 3ex and then 300 frigid fossils is around 300c including resonators.. So that's less than 5ex. A starks with 40% ice nova is 10ex+.

Mark - 70c
Second ring - 3ex
Amulets - 4ex
Shield - 110c
Sword - 2ex
Belt - 70c base + 150 alts/augs +80c for copy beast (incase annul goes wrong) + 1 regal + 3ex for multi mod & crafts. I did get pretty lucky on this tbh, but it doesn't matter what tier of CRS you hit and life is a common mod so it's not that hard to hit.
Boots - 1ex.
Armour - 1ex base + ~900 fusings (2ex) + 15 divines (1.5ex).
Gloves I stole from my Elemental hit char, they took like 1200 alts to hit. Same strat as belt so thats what an ex of alts? So cost 3ex inc crafts.

Total gear cost: ~23 ex. Add on your disp jewel for 5ex, rare jewels for ~130c each, 1 jewel with dex for 1ex and gems for 3ex.. your looking at 40ex max.

And there would be way cheaper ways to budget this, get cheaper jewels.. Don't get a ring with crit multi, don't get lv 21 gems, buy a 25% ice nova base (I did this at the start tbh and it cost me 60c + 40c of frigid crafting to hit a decent roll that I would wear over the 10ex starks). Honestly for the output this build has ~40ex is crazy cheap, it does more damage than my ~150 ex Elemental Hit char did. It's nuts.

Being able to buy smart and craft is 90% of the battle in this game, I made a molten strike character before this got bored and sold it for about 5x what I paid haha.

i'm struggling to afford a 4ex pandemonius. still figuring out how to do big boy crafting and making currency.
"
qaizr wrote:
"
fitsu wrote:
Spoiler
"
qaizr wrote:

fair enough. you're miles above my budget mindset.

Honestly, it's more about smart buys.

The helm base cost 3ex and then 300 frigid fossils is around 300c including resonators.. So that's less than 5ex. A starks with 40% ice nova is 10ex+.

Mark - 70c
Second ring - 3ex
Amulets - 4ex
Shield - 110c
Sword - 2ex
Belt - 70c base + 150 alts/augs +80c for copy beast (incase annul goes wrong) + 1 regal + 3ex for multi mod & crafts. I did get pretty lucky on this tbh, but it doesn't matter what tier of CRS you hit and life is a common mod so it's not that hard to hit.
Boots - 1ex.
Armour - 1ex base + ~900 fusings (2ex) + 15 divines (1.5ex).
Gloves I stole from my Elemental hit char, they took like 1200 alts to hit. Same strat as belt so thats what an ex of alts? So cost 3ex inc crafts.

Total gear cost: ~23 ex. Add on your disp jewel for 5ex, rare jewels for ~130c each, 1 jewel with dex for 1ex and gems for 3ex.. your looking at 40ex max.

And there would be way cheaper ways to budget this, get cheaper jewels.. Don't get a ring with crit multi, don't get lv 21 gems, buy a 25% ice nova base (I did this at the start tbh and it cost me 60c + 40c of frigid crafting to hit a decent roll that I would wear over the 10ex starks). Honestly for the output this build has ~40ex is crazy cheap, it does more damage than my ~150 ex Elemental Hit char did. It's nuts.

Being able to buy smart and craft is 90% of the battle in this game, I made a molten strike character before this got bored and sold it for about 5x what I paid haha.

i'm struggling to afford a 4ex pandemonius. still figuring out how to do big boy crafting and making currency.

Not to mention a 15ex unnatural instinct lol. Even with the 3 jewel method, I haven't been able to justify the small increase in damage for it. I couldn't even justify the small increases for elder ring + mark of the shaper
"
qaizr wrote:

Not to mention a 15ex unnatural instinct lol. Even with the 3 jewel method, I haven't been able to justify the small increase in damage for it. I couldn't even justify the small increases for elder ring + mark of the shaper

That is true I stole of from my magic find character, so figured why not haha. But ofcourse as you say it's not huge and you can certainly build this character incredibly strong without it.

I also bought it back when it was 8ex, it's 15 now?! Hot damn.
Last edited by fitsu on Jan 24, 2019, 2:19:16 PM
@CheeQu: In your PoB pastebin link you have notes detailing how to calculate dps. Is it correct to use the 0.92 critical strike chance multiplier from your increased critical strike supported 6L for calculating Cospri's Ice Nova and Frostbolt damage? Those critical strike chances should be lower as they are not supported by increased crits, no? Should be 69.91% (0.7) for Frostbolt and 76.57% (0.77) for Ice Nova?
Last edited by Dreamsickle on Jan 24, 2019, 3:01:50 PM
I wonder,

Since one of the option is to run with Fortify, did anyone consider Perseverance

For perma Onslaught ?

Also, How about MoM ?
Last edited by sdkyron on Jan 24, 2019, 2:56:47 PM
"
sdkyron wrote:
I wonder,

Since one of the option is to run with Fortify, did anyone consider Perseverance

For perma Onslaught ?

Also, How about MoM ?

that belt is bad for a few reasons:
-you usually want to get cdr on your belt so you don't have to buy expensive boots with cdr
-onslaught isn't that important when we have to limit our aps
-i don't think this build stuns enemies very often to proc fortify

re: MoM, a lot of people have problems sustaining mana with this build. so using your mana pool for life is a bad idea.
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 24, 2019, 3:02:49 PM
If I were to buy Unnatural Instinct, which is the best place to socket it? I am thinking were the HP nodes?
"
petrusd10s wrote:
If I were to buy Unnatural Instinct, which is the best place to socket it? I am thinking were the HP nodes?

The best place for UI is to the right of where Scions start. See my profile to see where it goes. Gives 26% spell damage, 7% attack speed, 8% max life, 9% movement speed, 45% crit multi, 5 dex, 5 int.
"
petrusd10s wrote:

It is literally explained and shown in the build guide.
There is a whole specific passive tree link at the UI and meeks part of the gear guide.
"
Dreamsickle wrote:
@CheeQu: In your PoB pastebin link you have notes detailing how to calculate dps. Is it correct to use the 0.92 critical strike chance multiplier from your increased critical strike supported 6L for calculating Cospri's Ice Nova and Frostbolt damage? Those critical strike chances should be lower as they are not supported by increased crits, no? Should be 69.91% (0.7) for Frostbolt and 76.57% (0.77) for Ice Nova?

Both your 6L setup AND cospris setup cast on crits from your cyclone attacks. So your cyclone crit chance is your multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info