[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Is it intended that you removed the Doom Cast Passives in the Level 91 Skilltree?

Update/Progression: Completed Uber Elder with ease first time with this build. Thanks to @CheeQu and the community for theory-crafting and min-maxing the build. The high DPS nature of this build made the Uber Elder fight extremely easy.

There were comments by other users earlier in the thread to switch to Blade Flurry rather than use Cyclone for Uber Elder. I can attest that Cyclone with Uber Elder is easily doable. Furthermore, I personally switched out Cyclone with a 20/20 Blade Flurry from another build and the play-style was definitely not as smooth as APS is low. I believe you would need to include Faster Attacks Support into the 6L to make Blade Flurry feel smooth.

For anyone thinking of running this build, or others who are working towards better gear, I made a quick video of a few Shaper Guardian runs. The video showcases the high DPS this build can pump out against Hydra & Minotaur. To save everyone's time most of the video only shows the Guardians melting, all full runs under 2 minutes.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtHc9AvytQ&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vhMgyMZ54
My Gear:
APS in Hideout: 3.7

Thanks again @CheeQu for the well-written guide
Last edited by PotassiumSquared on Jan 18, 2019, 2:54:52 PM
@CheeQu

I've been playing this build ever since your guide had only 5 pages of reply and reached over 17+ Million DPS and the build is amazing. I cannot die unless I get one shot at the point where I am.

BUT

I have ONE BIG issue with the build that hasn't been tackled by the guide yet.
For longer fights, if you run out of flask, you are screwed because the build loses all consistency.

Cyclone is at about 82% Crit on my end? Which results in a lot of non-crit at the amount of hits we do a second, I noticed that when fighting a Tul's Pure Breachstone lord.

I can down that breachlord in less than 3 seconds, but if it gets buffed by 500% HP in a party of 6 people, I cannot do anything anymore because I cannot crit enough to proc enough ice nova to deal damage and properly leech on hit and leech with acuity.

So I'd like to find a way to reach a base crit chance of 95% with Cyclone, even if it means losing some Ice Nova damage, anyway 17M+ is too much and is only viable for flask duration.

One of the idea I have at the moment, is to have my Onslaught Flask as Surgeons (20% chance to gain a charge on crit) and the 80% increased Global Crit Chance syndicate craft.

I believe that at 22+ crit per seconds, it should fill all the way back to full charge within the 5 seconds it has an effect.

That 80% will help a lot to reach 95% base Cyclone Crit Chance and I don't mind including it as a 100% buff since it should remain useable at all time, but it's not enough by itself to reach 95%.

Do you have any passive tree recommendation?
The build is only really as good as you can crit with Cyclones, and relying entirely on a Diamond Flask is a huge overlook in my oppinion.

Being able to remove the Diamond Flask after reaching 95% base Cyclone Crit Chance would allow to run a more offense oriented flask such as Atziri's for an extra 15% Extra Chaos Damage (+58K Average Ice Nova Damage in my calculations), so one would be able to gain back the offensive lost in the passive tree in the search of 95 crit chance.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 14, 2019, 2:16:54 PM
currently leveling right now and i have a bit of a noob question: why does the attack speed on cospri's increase the attack rate of cyclone when the attack speed should only apply to cospri's aps?

i just got a lycosidae last night. any suggestions on what to upgrade next?
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 14, 2019, 4:26:03 PM
i have nice gear and a good level .. but i cant kill uber elder .. tried it 3 times now ^^
Hello!

For playing it on HC league do you suggest to make any changes to gear/passive tree?

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAYBAQQHBLMHHgj0Dc0OSA5cD8QQWBCSES0RLxGWF7AaOBvIHM4gbiL0IzYmlScvKgsrCitQLJww-DIyMtE2PTpYOtg7fDwFPC09Dz1fRUdFfkWdSVFJsUqLTLNQMFF0UlNTEFNSVUtVxl3yYeJirGpDavpsC2yMbRlwUnyDfLt99X_GgpuDX4PMg9uJ04w2jumQVZMnlPGVLpeVl_Sa4J2qoS-iAKKjppmu_6-br6e0OLVItz64yrxvvOq-isBmxPbGrs_d0B_Xz9i92YbbXuUZ62Pr7u9874jv6_Af8NXxiviX-Tf79f4K_lQ=?accountName=bkj1&characterName=bkjSIN

Shaper is ez pz with it now (dont even have 20lvl ice novas)
What should i improve now (excluding lvl of gems and curse on ring).
"
bkj1 wrote:

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAYBAQQHBLMHHgj0Dc0OSA5cD8QQWBCSES0RLxGWF7AaOBvIHM4gbiL0IzYmlScvKgsrCitQLJww-DIyMtE2PTpYOtg7fDwFPC09Dz1fRUdFfkWdSVFJsUqLTLNQMFF0UlNTEFNSVUtVxl3yYeJirGpDavpsC2yMbRlwUnyDfLt99X_GgpuDX4PMg9uJ04w2jumQVZMnlPGVLpeVl_Sa4J2qoS-iAKKjppmu_6-br6e0OLVItz64yrxvvOq-isBmxPbGrs_d0B_Xz9i92YbbXuUZ62Pr7u9874jv6_Af8NXxiviX-Tf79f4K_lQ=?accountName=bkj1&characterName=bkjSIN

Shaper is ez pz with it now (dont even have 20lvl ice novas)
What should i improve now (excluding lvl of gems and curse on ring).

CDR + higher attack speed cospris? If you have even more currency, you can go for high move speed/no onslaught flask with might of the meek + unnatural instinct jewels. This build has high dps, but needs survivability, so gaining more life is pretty solid too.
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
@CheeQu

I've been playing this build ever since your guide had only 5 pages of reply and reached over 17+ Million DPS and the build is amazing. I cannot die unless I get one shot at the point where I am.

BUT

For longer fights, if you run out of flask, you are screwed because the build loses all consistency.

Cyclone is at about 82% Crit on my end? Which results in a lot of non-crit at the amount of hits we do a second, I noticed that when fighting a Tul's Pure Breachstone lord.

I can down that breachlord in less than 3 seconds, but if it gets buffed by 500% HP in a party of 6 people, I cannot do anything anymore because I cannot crit enough to proc enough ice nova to deal damage and properly leech on hit and leech with acuity.

So I'd like to find a way to reach a base crit chance of 95% with Cyclone, even if it means losing some Ice Nova damage, anyway 17M+ is too much and is only viable for flask duration.

One of the idea I have at the moment, is to have my Onslaught Flask as Surgeons (20% chance to gain a charge on crit) and the 80% increased Global Crit Chance syndicate craft.

I believe that at 22+ crit per seconds, it should fill all the way back to full charge within the 5 seconds it has an effect.

That 80% will help a lot to reach 95% base Cyclone Crit Chance and I don't mind including it as a 100% buff since it should remain useable at all time, but it's not enough by itself to reach 95%.

The build is only really as good as you can crit with Cyclones, and relying entirely on a Diamond Flask is a huge overlook in my oppinion.

Being able to remove the Diamond Flask after reaching 95% base Cyclone Crit Chance would allow to run a more offense oriented flask such as Atziri's for an extra 15% Extra Chaos Damage (+58K Average Ice Nova Damage in my calculations), so one would be able to gain back the offensive lost in the passive tree in the search of 95 crit chance.

Definitely use the onslaught flask with crafted crit rate - it's a huge benefit.

Also, not super efficient but for a crit dependent build doing end game bosses (esp in parties like you), you might want to get the Divine Fervour passive. Also, with the content you're doing, I'd happily sacrifice some dps on jewels by getting jewels with some 18% melee crit chance mods on them.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
@CheeQu

BUT

Definitely use the onslaught flask with crafted crit rate - it's a huge benefit.

Also, not super efficient but for a crit dependent build doing end game bosses (esp in parties like you), you might want to get the Divine Fervour passive. Also, with the content you're doing, I'd happily sacrifice some dps on jewels by getting jewels with some 18% melee crit chance mods on them.

i'm loving the flask at the moment, it works great!

I also came up with that Passive Tree variation as a test, for a base 95% Crit Chance everywhere when using that 80% Crit Chance Flask:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAYBABzcEFgI9A3Rjxqvm7zq73yio-OEbIynK8BmJpUi9O-I7-uhL0qLBLM9XyM2VUuMNrVI215JUcrT18-VLr6KhxNFnX_GZp4aOIKbBAcRLTLRkFVrt3BS-tKO6TIyPAVjQxvIXfJSU6aZ6-6TJxZv2YZqQxFQFkAQkmKsbAsXL4V9gKRVxg_ELJww-PiX8B-DCRew1aZ3B3yDTLNJsfGKtAycpOUZKU9GcW-eBx6U8ZeVz91tGREvuMqu_zrYvG9RdBGWUw5FRycvNj07fIPbIG5V1isKU1Jk5zpYl_QOSFMQUDD79fk30B-J0ySqmuAqC52qtDhh4jbp42rrY6IA8NU=

I have to go up left for the Mana Reserved since I use Vitality (23 life on Hit) + Discipline (30 ES on hit) + Herald of Ice with Enlighten 4 + Spider Aspect.
My DPS doesn't appear to suffer much from that new tree, but I do take a hit in my actual Life amount.

I'm wondering if there's a better way though...

Edit:
Unless instead of aiming to push the crit chance to 95%, I up my attack speed to "cover-up" the lack of crit chance?

Not sure what the maths would be in that case.

But say I miss 2 crits per second at 3.70 APS because I only have 82% instead of 95%, I could probably normalize that value with +X % attack speed, giving me more hits to proc the ones that missed?

Does that even make sense?
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 14, 2019, 3:28:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info